LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DaveA1102 said:

The O-line has been poor. Tolzein takes his share but very few qbs could function back there with so little time.

However, biggest issue, the coaching. See what is happening out there and change it up. Brissett may not be ready but try something different.

Coaching also takes a hit for the constant line changes in the build up. Cannot be good for the players in the line up and the qb.

I disagree with the bolded.  This line actually looked pretty good at the beginning of the game  Tolzein has just been throwing very poor passes and zero pocket awareness.  His feet are in cement blocks when in the pocket.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I will say this before it happens: I would NOT put Jacoby Brissett into the game with a limited 'package' of plays..

..a worn out offensive line and a sack hungry foe ignoring the run and rushing hard every down..

VERY concerned he'll get hurt

That be the biscuit that takes the icing on the cake 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I will say this before it happens: I would NOT put Jacoby Brissett into the game with a limited 'package' of plays..

..a worn out offensive line and a sack hungry foe ignoring the run and rushing hard every down..

That's exactly why Pagano will put him in the game. He's so bold, he defies common sense.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I felt really guilty but I kinda saw this coming....not pick sixes of course but just the inability to move the ball.

I dropped the Giants D/ST to grab the Rams D/ST. I started the Rams over the Denver D/ST. I just thought that Tolzien might throw an INT or 2. I did not think they would be pick-6s.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I did too in both my leagues. 

Back before Manning got hurt, I went to a Colts/Ravens game in Baltimore.  A couple Ravens fans in the row in front of me got in an argument with each other because one of them had bet money on the Colts.  They were screaming at each other.  "What do you mean you bet money on the Colts?!  You don't do that!!"  "But.......Peyton Manning......how do you bet against Peyton Manning?"  "But it's the Colts!!  You don't bet on the Colts!!  What is wrong with you?!  And you especially don't bet on the Colts when they're playing the Ravens!!"  It was hilarious to watch.

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

I disagree with the bolded.  This line actually looked pretty good at the beginning of the game  Tolzein has just been throwing very poor passes and zero pocket awareness.  His feet are in cement blocks when in the pocket.

Admittedly it could have been worse and tolzein could have helped them with a bit more awareness but the fact the line looked OK in the first quarter doesn't hold true with me that they have been good overall as I can't remember a pass where he had time to sit in the pocket and look down field. 

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Do you have the same concern for Scott? :)

Just now, DaveA1102 said:

Admittedly it could have been worse and tolzein could have helped them with a bit more awareness but the fact the line looked OK in the first quarter doesn't hold true with me that they have been good overall as I can't remember a pass where he had time to sit in the pocket and look down field. 

Not sure what game you're looking at, but compared to other years this line actually looks decent.  Not great or good, but better than last year.

Just now, JCPatriot said:

Back before Manning got hurt, I went to a Colts/Ravens game in Baltimore.  A couple Ravens fans in the row in front of me got in an argument with each other because one of them had bet money on the Colts.  They were screaming at each other.  "What do you mean you bet money on the Colts?!  You don't do that!!"  "But.......Peyton Manning......how do you bet against Peyton Manning?"  "But it's the Colts!!  You don't bet on the Colts!!  What is wrong with you?!  And you especially don't bet on the Colts when they're playing the Ravens!!"  It was hilarious to watch.

haha  That is hilarious. Good thing is that I don't play for money. Sometimes I let emotions determine who to play.  I have Brees on my team and I did not want to play him because he is playing the Vikes. I am a Vikings fan.