Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard and New England

ColtsAC

If Ballard can bring to Indy some of what KC did to New England tonight, they will put his statue next to Manning's. Here's hoping.

P.S.  I'm from Toledo so I knew about him and was always posting "get Hunt". He, barring injury, will have a great career....a winner every where he goes.

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Mack can do what hunt did

Not if Tolz doesn't channel his inner Alex Smith.  He came up huge tonight, but honestly, the front line kept him pretty clean.  We need that from our O-Line as well.

Nice win for KC.  Hunt is going to be making serious noise!

I think about half the people here wanted Hunt, although most of us had him mocked in the fourth round. He was my favorite back in the draft, other than maybe Mixon, but also a high character guy. Either way though, I'm happy with Mack. 

Let's pump the brakes on the Pats demise. Three years ago they got smashed by the Chiefs and proceeded to beat up everybody on their way to another SB win. I hope to see their empire fall like most football fans, but it's a long season. 

5 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Let's pump the brakes on the Pats demise. Three years ago they got smashed by the Chiefs and proceeded to beat up everybody on their way to another SB win.

Uh huh. That's exactly right Peytonator. Ballard will put INDY in a position to hang with NE no doubt, but we're still a couple of seasons away yet I think. 

Our defense has pleasantly surprised even me, but preseason is a minor measuring stick though as you know. We're on our way up though with a proven GM. 

@Somewhere ovr the Waynebow:

Love your forum call sign username man. It's very creative. Were you listening to singer Olivia Newton John when you came up with it while watching Reggie's best TD receptions? Or just watching the movie "Face Off" starring Nicolas Cage & John Travolta as Olivia sang that number as Castor Troy's penthouse got shot up? 

Here's the clip from "Face Off" I'm referring to BTW. Just in case, you've never seen the flick for visual aid purposes: 

Anyway, fantastic username! One of a kind for sure. 

Okay, back on topic. My bad. 

7 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Does this mean, the end of a winning era for NE.  "There goes the old, here comes the new." Or is it too soon to speculate.

Well, of course it's too soon to speculate.   One game doesn't make a season, but it was sure fun to watch, wasn't it..??

I despise the Pats more than anyone but let's not get ahead of ourselves 

of them spiraling downward. Belicheck didn't have tape to watch on this very

good Chiefs team.

On a positive note I didn't see Allen or Dorsett on the highlight clip...and no

I don't want them to do well in NE.

5 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

I despise the Pats more than anyone but let's not get ahead of ourselves 

of them spiraling downward. Belicheck didn't have tape to watch on this very

good Chiefs team.

On a positive note I didn't see Allen or Dorsett on the highlight clip...and no

I don't want them to do well in NE.

3 targets between them, no catches. Surprised? I'm not

7 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Does this mean, the end of a winning era for NE.  "There goes the old, here comes the new." Or is it too soon to speculate.

It was the season opener, so IMHO it is to soon to declare the end of Pats' winning era. Let's see how their season goes on, and we will see how they are doing.

TBH I'm a way more interested in Colts' 2017 season.

Having Ballard hopefully pans out for the great here in INDY and he did have some ties with moves the Chiefs made.  They have a solid D and roster BUT give the praise where  it is due.  Andy Reid knows how to coach and esp[ecially against NE and BB.  He makes adjustments to that offense to help them get good chunk plays.  Every D has a fault it is up to the better coach to find it.

2 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

It was the season opener, so IMHO it is to soon to declare the end of Pats' winning era. Let's see how their season goes on, and we will see how they are doing.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone on here is. After all, we are Colts fans.

3 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Totally agree.  One thing to note though - the Patriots front seven does lack speed.  They're going to have to figure out ways to get to the QB just like us.  I hope it's not harsh to say that I have more faith in them figuring it out than in our DC.

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Ballard traded Dwayne Allen and Phillip Dorsett to NE, so he kinda did have a hand in what KC did to NE!  :lol:

Props to Ballard! 

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The Pats are looking pretty thin at WR now, maybe Ballard can get another draft pick from NE for Chester Rogers or Quan Bray...  :thmup:

I see big potential in Rogers. Let's see what we can get from NE...? Hoodie perhaps? 

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I was shocked that Dwayne Allen dropped a pass last night.

36 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

You're kidding, right?

15 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

That's some good sarcasm right there...lol!

Ha, there is also the mindset, or school of thought that believed being a Pat and practicing under Hoodie's expectations,  all of a sudden would cure Allen's case of the dropsies...

Obviously not so much...

9 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

The same "experts" who projected a possible 19-0 record for the Pats said the Colts are a bottom 3 team.

Lets hope they are wrong on both accounts! 

Huh?

I haven't seen any "expert" call the Colts a "bottom 3 team.       That would mean ranking the Colts 30th, 31st, or 32nd.

I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

I haven't seen any "expert" call the Colts a "bottom 3 team.       That would mean ranking the Colts 30th, 31st, or 32nd.

I don't think so.

He's referring to power rankings. I guess "expert" is highly subjective, but Chris Simms had us dead last at 32nd heading into week 3 of preseason:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2728056-nfl-power-rankings-chris-simms-rankings-heading-into-preseason-week-3

Elliot Harrison on NFL.com has us at 27th.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000839325/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-1-seahawks-surging-toward-top-spot

The issue for New England was dropped passes & no pressure on the dline nor ability to stop the run like they usually do ...see with us New England could leave 3 people to rush the qb and drop everyone back because our line was atrocious and would give up pressure/sack..with kc Smith can run and also they were giving him plenty of time..they also utilized the backs the same exact way NE does vs everyone 

3 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

He's referring to power rankings. I guess "expert" is highly subjective, but Chris Simms had us dead last at 32nd heading into week 3 of preseason:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2728056-nfl-power-rankings-chris-simms-rankings-heading-into-preseason-week-3

Elliot Harrison on NFL.com has us at 27th.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000839325/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-1-seahawks-surging-toward-top-spot

Well...   if we're only going by power rankings, then I guess that's ok...    We're missing the few real difference makers that we have.

But once Luck, Kelly and Vonte come back we will be much better.   And it will be reflected in the rankings.