Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss Wants To Come Back To The Nfl. Do You Want Him?

JTcardscolts

Just saw this on espn, Chris Carter says he believes Moss could get out of bed today and still run a 4.3.

Personally, I love the thought of him on the team, especially if Peyton comes back. I've always wanted to see him with a tall speedy WR.

And for Luck, if he's the colts QB next year, Moss would be one heck of a security blanket for a rookie QB. IMO.

So, what do you think?

Moss was picked up by the Titans and shelved on purpose to keep him from possibly ending up on the Colts' roster that season they had all those injuries. Would I want him now? Yes. Just like I'd want Owens; physical specimens, both of them. Remember this isn't the 1960s or 1970s where physical conditioning was a syringe filled with cortizone, injected right there on the sidelines. This 'aint North Dallas Forty in other words. So yes, I'd take Moss.

Yes I under stand your point I really do. But the same thing was said about him in Oakland, and we all know what he did with the Pats, with a super star QB.

hes 35 and been out of football a year. what can he possibly offer this team? he needs to go to a team that already has an established number 1 wr like the texans or cards.

hes 35 and been out of football a year. what can he possibly offer this team? he needs to go to a team that already has an established number 1 wr like the texans or cards.

I know someone else who is 35 and will soon be 36, and has been out of football for a year. What can he possibly offer this team?

Some even suggest that he will lead this team to the playoffs, guaranteed! Go figure.

I know someone else who is 35 and will soon be 36, and has been out of football for a year. What can he possibly offer this team?

Some even suggest that he will lead this team to the playoffs, guaranteed! Go figure.

not the same and you know it. your comparing apples to oranges

Except that one position requires supreme athleticism, while the other requires only a brain.

QB's can play much later than WR's and be far more effective. You know that, and it was a lame attempt to continue your anti-Manning crusade.

Sounds like the Allen Wranglers could have that double threat. All they need is Curtis Painter at QB and they could be the best arena football team that no one cares about.

Who's the best arena football team that someone cares about?

Heck, I can't think of the worst arena football team that anyone cares about, or not.

Not really.

The only way it would kinda make sense is if Peyton comes back and we go on one last "win one for the Manning" crusade of some kind. Which considering how things have gone recently I'd say isn't going to happen (nor should it, those sort of things almost always end in disappointment)

If we truely are starting over it doesn't make sense to bring in a 35 year old reciever. By the time he and Luck (or whoever) get any chemistry together he'll be too old to do anything. Might as well make a solid investment in a younger guy so the new QB has his "Marvin" that Peyton had.

Except that one position requires supreme athleticism, while the other requires only a brain.

QB's can play much later than WR's and be far more effective. You know that, and it was a lame attempt to continue your anti-Manning crusade.

Well, apparently a brain, and something more than a noodle arm.

If we keep Manning and sign Moss and Owens we literally could be a superteam next year. Manning could easily keep them happy. Niether guy has ever dropped the ball as much as Garcon. Sure I'm dreaming, but it is very possible. We could dominate teams if both gave us a couple good years with Peyton. Run your routes boys, and Peyton will keep you in the record books. Very possible.

Just saw this on espn, Chris Carter says he believes Moss could get out of bed today and still run a 4.3.

Personally, I love the thought of him on the team, especially if Peyton comes back. I've always wanted to see him with a tall speedy WR.

And for Luck, if he's the colts QB next year, Moss would be one heck of a security blanket for a rookie QB. IMO.

So, what do you think?

No

If we keep Manning and sign Moss and Owens we literally could be a superteam next year. Manning could easily keep them happy. Niether guy has ever dropped the ball as much as Garcon. Sure I'm dreaming, but it is very possible. We could dominate teams if both gave us a couple good years with Peyton. Run your routes boys, and Peyton will keep you in the record books. Very possible.

Not impossible, but doubtful.

Besides, I'd have to start looking at Grigson sideways, with raised eyebrows.

After watching Philly this past season.....no 'superteam' for me thanks, and never say that out loud.

Not to be disrespectful, but that's like asking do you want the flu. No. I'll stick with younger players with better attitudes regardless of who is playing qb. It's going to cut the playing time of younger players that we may get in the draft or ufa's. He was really the predecessor for the receivers we have today, but why waste the money and a roster spot for an old vet that hasn't been in the league in a year who also wasn't a starter in TN. They don't have what you would call a great receiving corps. And if he ain't starting there, he is pointless here.

If he actually showed some effort with the Vikings or the Titans I'd say yeah give him a shot but after that whole fiasco there is NO way I want Randy Moss on the Colts. Especially if Luck ends up being the starter. We dont need that type of personality here.

You have to be kidding? This is not what you really think is it?

So, what do you think?

I think you are going to be 0-2 on your 2012 Colts roster wishes.

no offense but this isn't 2007 Owens and Moss

Really? Moss played on 2 of the highest scoring NFL teams to ever play. I am not saying he should be a Colt but I think your comparison is just silly....

It's well documented that he loves BB and TB and realized he messed his situation up there when he let his mouth sink him on the flight home after a game. It wasn't long after that flight he was sent packing. To me it's no coincidence that he wants to come out of retirement after the Pats dropped passes all over the place in the SB. And to answer the topic of this thread.....NO I don't want him as part of this team. Guys like him and TO have a hard time buying into the team concept of football, that's problems we don't need around here.