Sign in to follow this  
bap1331

How long would you wait to get Andrew Luck in fantasy draft?

Recommended Posts

Andrew Luck is always on my team and the problem is that my fantasy team name is based on Luck (Which is worse if i dont draft him). There dont seem to be any Colts fans in our prize league on NFL Fantasy. NFL Fantasy website has a mock draft going for Luck at Round 14. I dont wanna go that far, it's too risky.

 

My 1st round pick aim is to go for Laveon Bell, then Gronkowski or Matt Ryan (I have a real feeling Matt Ryan is going to come back very angry.) in the second, and Demarco Murray in the 3rd. How would you go about this?

 

I know its hard to resist but i always like Luck and TY Hilton on my team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2017 at 1:13 AM, bap1331 said:

Andrew Luck is always on my team and the problem is that my fantasy team name is based on Luck (Which is worse if i dont draft him). There dont seem to be any Colts fans in our prize league on NFL Fantasy. NFL Fantasy website has a mock draft going for Luck at Round 14. I dont wanna go that far, it's too risky.

 

My 1st round pick aim is to go for Laveon Bell, then Gronkowski or Matt Ryan (I have a real feeling Matt Ryan is going to come back very angry.) in the second, and Demarco Murray in the 3rd. How would you go about this?

 

I know its hard to resist but i always like Luck and TY Hilton on my team...

Uh,   that's a terrible draft strategy.   If you don't believe me,  ask any one else on earth that plays fantasy

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:13 AM, bap1331 said:

Andrew Luck is always on my team and the problem is that my fantasy team name is based on Luck (Which is worse if i dont draft him). There dont seem to be any Colts fans in our prize league on NFL Fantasy. NFL Fantasy website has a mock draft going for Luck at Round 14. I dont wanna go that far, it's too risky.

 

My 1st round pick aim is to go for Laveon Bell, then Gronkowski or Matt Ryan (I have a real feeling Matt Ryan is going to come back very angry.) in the second, and Demarco Murray in the 3rd. How would you go about this?

 

I know its hard to resist but i always like Luck and TY Hilton on my team...

Using fandom on your fantasy team is not the way to win it. Taking any QB before at least getting a top RB and WR is risky. If you take Ryan then you don't draft another QB till the end rounds of your draft. There is only 20 or 30 points from the top QB to the last starting QB on the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2017 at 1:13 AM, bap1331 said:

Andrew Luck is always on my team and the problem is that my fantasy team name is based on Luck (Which is worse if i dont draft him). There dont seem to be any Colts fans in our prize league on NFL Fantasy. NFL Fantasy website has a mock draft going for Luck at Round 14. I dont wanna go that far, it's too risky.

 

My 1st round pick aim is to go for Laveon Bell, then Gronkowski or Matt Ryan (I have a real feeling Matt Ryan is going to come back very angry.) in the second, and Demarco Murray in the 3rd. How would you go about this?

 

I know its hard to resist but i always like Luck and TY Hilton on my team...

That's a bad strategy, outside of the first round. Go WRs and RBs first. I would wait until Round 6 or 7, unless you're drafting against a Colts fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Using fandom on your fantasy team is not the way to win it. Taking any QB before at least getting a top RB and WR is risky. If you take Ryan then you don't draft another QB till the end rounds of your draft. There is only 20 or 30 points from the top QB to the last starting QB on the year.

Usually what ill do if someone takes the good runningbacks in the first round is ill pick up 2 good quarterbacks so i can use them for ransom when the guys with the runningbacks need a qb. LOL.

 

Theres not that many good RBs nowadays that put up big numbers. Alot of teams use alot of 1-2 punches. Maybe even 3 runningbacks. Like the Patriots are not dependable with RBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

Usually what ill do if someone takes the good runningbacks in the first round is ill pick up 2 good quarterbacks so i can use them for ransom when the guys with the runningbacks need a qb. LOL.

 

Theres not that many good RBs nowadays that put up big numbers. Alot of teams use alot of 1-2 punches. Maybe even 3 runningbacks. Like the Patriots are not dependable with RBs.

If that is the case then the guys you are playing with don't know how to draft. I think in my last draft I drafted Dak Prescott and Cam Newton in the 6th and 7t round after I drafted my RBs and WRs plus drafting Gronk. That was in a 12 team draft too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2017 at 11:13 PM, bap1331 said:

Andrew Luck is always on my team and the problem is that my fantasy team name is based on Luck (Which is worse if i dont draft him). There dont seem to be any Colts fans in our prize league on NFL Fantasy. NFL Fantasy website has a mock draft going for Luck at Round 14. I dont wanna go that far, it's too risky.

 

My 1st round pick aim is to go for Laveon Bell, then Gronkowski or Matt Ryan (I have a real feeling Matt Ryan is going to come back very angry.) in the second, and Demarco Murray in the 3rd. How would you go about this?

 

I know its hard to resist but i always like Luck and TY Hilton on my team...

 

I won't comment on the strategy of this as it seems like it's already been covered, but to answer your original question, I grabbed Luck as my backup last night in late round 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2017 at 11:13 PM, bap1331 said:

Andrew Luck is always on my team and the problem is that my fantasy team name is based on Luck (Which is worse if i dont draft him). There dont seem to be any Colts fans in our prize league on NFL Fantasy. NFL Fantasy website has a mock draft going for Luck at Round 14. I dont wanna go that far, it's too risky.

 

My 1st round pick aim is to go for Laveon Bell, then Gronkowski or Matt Ryan (I have a real feeling Matt Ryan is going to come back very angry.) in the second, and Demarco Murray in the 3rd. How would you go about this?

 

I know its hard to resist but i always like Luck and TY Hilton on my team...

 

From a fantasy standpoint, I think the best case scenario for draft Andrew Luck in '18 is you take him in round 10 (preferably later) & stash him on your bench the first half of the season, & he eventually gets hot & wins some games for you. You'll regret drafting him as your QB1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2017 at 11:55 AM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

I won't comment on the strategy of this as it seems like it's already been covered, but to answer your original question, I grabbed Luck as my backup last night in late round 11.

 

That's the disadvantage of playing in a league off this forum with all Colts fans.  Luck will go way sooner then that in our draft.

 

I think a lot is going to depend upon pre-season and training camp.  His fantasy draft stock will go up considerably if he's doing good in TC and shows well in pre-season games.  

 

It's all the result of his injury and if he's showing that his injury isn't an issue anymore then he'll move up quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

That's the disadvantage of playing in a league off this forum with all Colts fans.  Luck will go way sooner then that in our draft.

 

I think a lot is going to depend upon pre-season and training camp.  His fantasy draft stock will go up considerably if he's doing good in TC and shows well in pre-season games.  

 

It's all the result of his injury and if he's showing that his injury isn't an issue anymore then he'll move up quite a bit. 

 

I'll have my eye on him in every league I'm in, no doubt, but I'm likely not taking him prior to round 10. I have no problem rolling with someone like Eli Manning as my starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

I'll have my eye on him in every league I'm in, no doubt, but I'm likely not taking him prior to round 10. I have no problem rolling with someone like Eli Manning as my starter.

 

I think if he's doing good in pre-season then he'll go way earlier then the 10th round.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 2:34 PM, Valpo2004 said:

 

I think if he's doing good in pre-season then he'll go way earlier then the 10th round.

 

 

Currently I've done 30 mocks, he's gone in the 11th round 27 of those times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 4:59 PM, Narcosys said:

Currently I've done 30 mocks, he's gone in the 11th round 27 of those times.

 

Wait until after the 3rd game of the pre-season.

 

If he's done well in the pre-season he will move up.  Now there is probably a ceiling to how high he moves up, probably not much higher then the 6th round.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 9:14 PM, Valpo2004 said:

 

Wait until after the 3rd game of the pre-season.

 

If he's done well in the pre-season he will move up.  Now there is probably a ceiling to how high he moves up, probably not much higher then the 6th round.  

True, rodgers is going in the 4th and 5th, newton follows almost always in the 6th, and Wilson is shortly after. Idk if he jumps them though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 5:43 PM, Narcosys said:

True, rodgers is going in the 4th and 5th, newton follows almost always in the 6th, and Wilson is shortly after. Idk if he jumps them though.

 

Thing is if he's healthy, Luck is a top 5 fantasy QB.  Now there are legit questions about his health, but if he makes it through the pre-season and looks ok, I just can't imagine a top 5 when healthy player at any position falling to the 11th round.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • If we win a SB with Luck, I'd actually be fine with it. Right now I'd take 1 SB win and be happy. With Brady and Mahomes playing in the AFC, and young guys like Watson and Mayfield, a SB is not a guarantee. Not to mention we have to win when we get there.
    • Yeah. They will need to pick and choose how they keep because their payroll is getting up there. The more I think about it and research it though, it seems like it's more likely than not that they will keep him and let some of the other high end FAs walk.      I do too. This was more of a how I would do it, rather than what Ballard would likely do. I think Ballard will be restrained with the money again.        Yeah. I think in my next mock I will probably do some combination of Golden Tate, Randall Cobb and John Brown instead of Williams. 
        I think Iupati is much higher end talent and if he stays healthy he is a completely different animal to anything other than Nelson we have on the O-line. I think he's closer to Nelson than he is to the other linemen if he can stay healthy. Big if, but yah... 
        I think he's the same mold but I think he's much more talented and much more athletic. He tested like an elite athlete when he was coming into the league and it's starting to pay off. I also think he's probably a better pass-rusher than Sheard. Also again - Sheard's contract is up after this year and he will be 31. I'd rather have his replacement ready to go on the roster when we ultimately let him go.  Looking forward to seeing your version of a mock off-season. Also... I hope you post some scouting reports on players. Cheers.
    • Haha, I think we'd have to figure out 18 years of history on what's scripted lol. Brady is putting up a lot of the stats like Brady for real and the wins, I do believe a few of those SBs were scripted though. Especially the 2001 though with 9-11 happening and all that. I called that one as a 14 year old and made my uncle money where he bought me a nintendo gamecube.
    • Another guy I would go after in a heart beat if he reaches Free Agency is C.J. Mosley.  If you pair him with Leonard, that could be a lethal combination.  In the draft focus on WR, DBs and an Edge rusher and your set.
    • I completely agree. There's a lot of things he can improve on. I think we should see a big jump next year. My hope at least. He needs to work on the little things, the details
  • Members