Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RB Matt Jones

1959Colts

10493.jpg

Colts claimed RB Matt Jones off waivers from the Redskins.

A former third-round pick, Jones quickly washed out in Washington due to ball-security issues. Plenty of backs in the past have corrected those problems, and Jones averaged a respectable 4.6 YPC on 99 carries last season before getting sent to Siberia by coach Jay Gruden. He'll get a fresh start in Indy where the Colts are looking for their successor to Frank Gore. Jones is a hulking 6'2/239 at 24 years old. He has two years left on his rookie deal.

Sep 3 - 12:47 PM

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:
10493.jpg

A former third-round pick, Jones quickly washed out in Washington due to ball-security issues. Plenty of backs in the past have corrected those problems, and Jones averaged a respectable 4.6 YPC on 99 carries last season before getting sent to Siberia by coach Jay Gruden. He'll get a fresh start in Indy where the Colts are looking for their successor to Frank Gore. Jones is a hulking 6'2/239 at 24 years old. He has two years left on his rookie deal.

Why he is terrible.

33 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:
10493.jpg

Felt like the pic was a mugshot & I'm reading the crime he committed smh.

NFL players should have access to a lot better pics than us common folk

5 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Felt like the pic was a mugshot & I'm reading the crime he committed smh.

NFL players should have access to a lot better pics than us common folk

He does look like one of those guys Sylvester Stallone teams up with on 'The Expendables'

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

7 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Dumb pick up

I was actually initially pleased with this pickup, but your thoughtful, well laid out and comprehensive explanation as to why Jones should not have been claimed has changed my mind. You, sir, are a wordsmith...you have a talent. Keep up the excellent work keeping our fan base well informed. :thmup:

23 minutes ago, J@son said:

I was actually initially pleased with this pickup, but your thoughtful, well laid out and comprehensive explanation as to why Jones should not have been claimed has changed my mind. You, sir, are a wordsmith...you have a talent. Keep up the excellent work keeping our fan base well informed. :thmup:

Yeah ok

14 minutes ago, Smitto said:

Everytime I hear of the name Matt Jones I think of the Matt Jones HB/FB for the Jags... Hopefully he can lay some wood down on opposing Lbs.. 

You mean the college QB converted into NFL WR with a serious drug problem?