Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Yates] Colts trade Phillip Dorsett for Jacoby Brissett

stitches

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too big a fan of this trade. More surprised than upset though.

Surely people will come out with the "Dorsett sucked" defense, but he made some highlight plays in the Steelers game and I too think he's been misused. 

I was fine rolling with Tolzien and Morris even if it ended up being for the whole season.

5 minutes ago, MTC said:

Not a fan of Jacoby Brissett. Although, he's better than Tolzien. So, there's that.

There are many QBs that will be released who are better than Tolzien. We could've kept Dorset and still acquired a better back up QB. Dumb trade.

And not to mention, the Patriots just got better. Let's do our best to make sure the champs get even better.

wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow 

Don't see the outrage for this trade tbh. Yes Dorsett was a former 1st rounder but thats now irrelevant. Some people were calling for him to be cut now people are freaking out that we traded him for a solid young back up QB, we can rely on behind Luck. Whether Dorsett becomes a pro bowler or not should not matter to us, because he clearly wasn't working here. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Brissett's stats in the preseason:

465 yards. 4 touchdowns. 1 Pick. 103.2 rating. 66 percent completion and ran for a TD. 7.5 yards per average.

Keep in mind though it was mostly from the last preseason game against backups.

Any qb in the league can be good in the Pats system! Brissett wont show as well in the Colts system!

I was shocked by this trade, it tells me as a Pats fan a couple things. 1. Jimmy G will be back after this year. 2. BB wanted another weapon for Brady since Edelman went down.

my biggest question is how bad is Dorset? I figure he had be close being cut just like Bridgett was.

We have seen many, many quarterbacks flourish with the Patriots. It's the system that makes the QBs look good, with the exception of Brady. Once they leave NE, they are no better than Cassel, Mallet, etc. 

We just traded a starting receiver for a back-up QB, who will most likely suck once he gets here.

I always said on the day we drafted Dorsett that I had heard the Patriots wanted him & Grigs took him because "if the Pats wanted him then he must be pretty good".  Watch him be used properly there...   

Now here we are trading him to them for a backup QB...  Patriots always get who they want...  Does this mean Luck will be out a lot longer than expected or did we just secure our backup QB for the foreseeable future?  Very odd & surprising trade to say the least. 

Who is this QB and seriously, traded with the pats straight up for a speedy little wr and they really needed one? I do not like this trade one bit. TBH, I've just never heard of this QB so maybe he has talent I'm not aware of. A third stringer QB for a 3rd yr 1st rounder. BB strikes again!

1 minute ago, thatonefan said:

Dorsett was our #4 or even #5 WR and we already have enough speed. Jacoby will likely start week 1. I don't see the problem even if Dorsett has potential.

There is no way Brissett is gonna be as good here as he is in NE. And there is no way Dorsett will be as underutilized there as he was here. 

Brissett may be better than Tolzien and Morris, but there is no way he's so much better to the point that it warrants giving up a former first rounder (who believe it or not DOES have first round talent).

We gave up a lot of potential (that we for whatever reason could not tap) for New England's third string QB

For colt fans what I have heard about Brisett:

he was not a lick make the team as his accuracy was still bad and his preseason was hotrid except for the last game. Thebig lnock I heard from the talking heads was he has not really improved from last year when the Pats were forced to run a College option type offense with him.