Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Only Colts QB not to throw a touchdown in preseason?

dew5150

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts lost that game.  Just about everyone who watched it said Tolizen did better than was expected and was not the reason they lost.  

Still like i said before it's not going to break my heart if Morris is the starter.

Like you said, Tolzein didn't lose that game and, the thing is with Tolzein, he wont lose you many games.  He will play it safe, make the check down throws and potentially make steady progress up the field if he plays well, but he wont win you any games either.

In order for us to win with Tolzein under center, we need our newly formed defense to play strong and the running backs to make a real impact.  I don't think either of those things is implausible, its just not going to be a game plan that would last past week 2 when teams have tape on us.

4 hours ago, ricker182 said:

Colin Kaepernik should be starting for us week 1.    

At the very least though you have to have to QB with the best chance of winning start.  

The Colts can't even manage to do that.

Signing a QB who cant read defenses is not a good idea. There is a reason he has had no offers and it is not based on his political views.

Calling the Colts out for not signing Kaepernik shows you need to do some more research on what it takes for a QB to come onto a new team and what his knowledge needs to be.

51 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Signing a QB who cant read defenses is not a good idea. There is a reason he has had no offers and it is not based on his political views.

Calling the Colts out for not signing Kaepernik shows you need to do some more research on what it takes for a QB to come onto a new team and what his knowledge needs to be.

It's definitely part to do with his political views.  

The other half is probably that he wants too much money for what he's worth. 

You cannot sit there and honestly tell me Scott Tolzien is better than Colin Kaepernick.  It's just not true. 

11 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Here in N.C., I was in line at the workplace snack bar.  A guy from Indy was in line behind me.  Somehow the subject came up, and he was disgusted the Colts hadn't gone for Kaepernick.  He was more disgusted at my response...

I say we take any Colts fan who wants Kaepernick, board them on a boat, and ship them out to sea.

2 hours ago, ricker182 said:

You cannot sit there and honestly tell me Scott Tolzien is better than Colin Kaepernick.  It's just not true. 

Read this article and learn something.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/31/colin-kaepernick-nfl-blackball-national-anthem-protests

CliffsNotes for you

1.  He is not very good at all - NFL teams have shown repeatedly they are willing to overlook horrendous character issues if a player could help them win.

2.  He requires a specific offense to be successful that NFL teams really don't run

3.  Teams do not want put in a 2nd offense to accommodate a backup QB

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Lol cant read defenses but has been to a super bowl and throw away from another WOW. Shows your true colors

19 minutes ago, Grind Hard said:

Lol cant read defenses but has been to a super bowl and throw away from another WOW. Shows your true colors

Went to a superbowl on a stacked team with one of the best coaches in the league. Trent Dilfer's been to a SB. It doesn't automatically make you great.

And for the record, I do think Kaeperinick is better than Tolzien, however it would be too difficult to rebuild the entire offense in one week to accommodate him for what is likely only going to be like 2-3 weeks of game action (and I was thinking that BEFORE training camp started). Not to mention all the media attention it will bring, I can understand why the Colts and many other teams aren't willing to have him in. 

2 hours ago, ricker182 said:

No where did I say anyone is better than the other. I was speaking about Kaepernik and his inability to read defenses. Why sign any QB who will struggle for a band aid till Luck gets back? That makes no sense.

44 minutes ago, Grind Hard said:

My true colors? What are you even talking about?

Yes he played on a super bowl team. You notice I said TEAM. His style of play fitted what Harbaugh was doing. But as time went by other teams defenses figured out how to defend him and shut him down.

Out offense is designed around a pocket QB and Kaepernik don't fit the bill.

If your insinuating I have a problem with his politics that is a whole different subject. This is about his signing with the Colts and how IMO it would not be a good fit just for a band aid till Luck gets back.

22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I guess it means tolzien is better than Morris in the eyes of those who have all of the information

lmao  okay. If you think Tolzien is the most talented qb, cool. If you wanna roll with a guy who has 2 career TDs and no wins in his starts, cool.

Mind numbing. Stop quoting me with your nonesense. 

27 minutes ago, Xander said:

lmao  okay. If you think Tolzien is the most talented qb, cool. If you wanna roll with a guy who has 2 career TDs and no wins in his starts, cool.

Just because you disagree does not mean you're right :)

26 minutes ago, Xander said:

There is a reason he is starting over Morris.   Morris obviously isn't ready

3 minutes ago, J@son said:

Just because you disagree does not mean you're right :)

This is probably the only football forum where fans are fine with starting Tolzien. Mind numbing. Joke. 

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Guess Tolziens 2 career TDs and 0 wins is just too enticing huh? Joke. 

3 minutes ago, Xander said:

This is probably the only football forum where fans are fine with starting Tolzien. Mind numbing. Joke. 

Better than morris' 0 career TDs and 0 wins. See how easy it becomes when you look at things so black and white?

5 minutes ago, Xander said:

He is obviously better than Morris.  Chuck knows he is coaching for his job.  Morris might not have a grasp on the playbook.  Who knows

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't know if that's the case. Morris has clearly outplayed Tolzien the past two preseasons. Now, Morris could be really behind in the film room or not in good terms with the coaching staff but off of just game tape (given its preseason), Morris is the better QB.

I think the Colts have to start Morris. Tolzien could win some games if the defense and running game weren't such a question mark but they are right now. Simply put, I don't think Tolzien could do enough to help the team win in the way that Morris possibly could. Tolzien won't be making big mistakes in all likelihood but he won't be making the big plays that Morris could possibly make either.

24 minutes ago, J@son said:

Better than morris' 0 career TDs and 0 wins. See how easy it becomes when you look at things so black and white?

He's never had an opportunity? Are you dense?

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He is obviously better than Morris.  Chuck knows he is coaching for his job.  Morris might not have a grasp on the playbook.  Who knows

He's not a rookie, he knows the playbook. If you think Tolzien is better than Morris, we couldn't disagree more.

9 career games, 2 TDs and 7 INTs with 0 wins. But he's who you think gives our bad roster the best chance to win. Okay lmao 

2 minutes ago, Xander said:

He's not a rookie, he knows the playbook. If you think Tolzien is better than Morris, we couldn't disagree more.

9 career games, 2 TDs and 7 INTs with 0 wins. But he's who you think gives our bad roster the best chance to win. Okay lmao 

I'm not dense at all. Just pointing out the reasons you gave (2 TDs and zero wins) are not a legitimate way to validate your opinion. 

Just now, Xander said:

2 TDs 7 INTS and 0 wins in 9 games are very legitimate reasons. 

The addition of the bolded message significantly helps your position. Still the fact remains that tolzien has seen live action in real NFL games. That counts for a lot more than a most people realize.

9 hours ago, ricker182 said:

At the very least though you have to have to QB with the best chance of winning start.  

he went 1-10 last year, the argument that he is our best shot at winning is weak

2 hours ago, Grind Hard said:

he didnt read defenses though

he got to a super bowl because of his own defense, while also having the best Oline in the league and a younger/better frank gore 

22 minutes ago, Xander said:

You don't know his grasp on the playbook anymore than anyone else here.   Tolzien isnt very good,  but he must be better than Morris or he wouldn't be starting

3 hours ago, ricker182 said:

9 hours ago, ricker182 said:

NO NO NO

Not because of the political stuff, but he SUCKS! too expensive for what he does(not) bring.  I'd rather bring back Curtis Painter.