Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Edwards vs Moss

Bbswatching

Ok I get that Edwards would prolly cost more money. But one of the excuses people have said on here to not sign Edwards is cause he is a diva. Yet people keep saying sign Moss. Who is one of the biggest diva receivers to ever play the game. Can someone please tell me why you would rather have an Moss who's is pretty much done. Over Edwards who still has plenty in the tank

Edwards is just too much trouble. Dude got in a drunken bar fight the other night in Michigan and has assault charges pending on him. His cousins stabbed some of the bouncers and they are all in a heap of trouble.

And to top it all off, Jalen Rose was with them, wasted. He sure learned his lesson, didn't he?

moss just doesnt like to lose. he seems like a good guy to me. maybe he loses his cool once in a while but you dont hear about him shooting himself, getting stabbed by his wife, or having his own reality tv show. he wants to play with the best and that is what we are. Randy, come to Indy and you will be treated like the hall of famer you are. Lets go win a superbowl!!!!! :rock:

Because Edwards will probably command a higher salary whereas Moss knows he's on his last chance and needs to prove that he can be a good citizen to have any future in the league

Plus Edwards has pending legal issues with possibility of having violated probation with Cleveland. At least Moss never had the sort of off-field issues approaching the magnitude of Edwards.

I don't view Edwards as a worthy upgrade over Garcon.

This is a big year for Garcon. If he takes the next step, ergo stops dropping the easy ones, he can become pro bowl caliber. I really don't agree with so many that seem down on him. He's been an outstanding value draft pick that has shown the talent to hopefully take the next step.

One drop last season.

One.

Thank you for posting that! As I've been saying in a couple of other threads, Edwards has drastically cut down on the number of drops over the past 2 years in New York - he has left his drops in Cleveland.

Randy Moss, 1 yr. 3 million.

Braylon Edwards 4yrs +, 20million+, 10 million plus guaranteed.

Randy Moss is simply a lower risk. The signing to date of all FAs are low risk. The signing of Braylon Edwards is high risk, especially given his legal background. He is likely a receiver who could contribute more than an aged Moss... but the only headaches Moss tends to give are related to not being given the opportunity to produce on the field, or are associated with losing and the anger that can come with that.

If he steps out of line, at the most you sacrifice 3 million. I believe (based on old rules) he'd get a few paychecks only if he is cut prior to the end of the preseason.

I am 100% happy with Polian's signings to this point. All low risk, high reward potential. Meaning that, at the end of the year, if they feel the player is worth retaining, they sign them then. If not, they let the players walk. But we'll have a bunch of expired contracts at the end of the season that will open up cap space and allow us to re-sign Wayne, Mathis, and any other player they deem necessary. Unlike the signing of Corey Simon, who gave us one productive season on a 4-5 year deal that took a chunk of cap space from us for several seasons.

If they sign Moss, it's like the other 3 signings. If they sign Edwards, it potentially takes cap space away from the re-signing of Wayne or Mathis.

Wayne or Mathis >>>>> Edwards.

If Edwards were to come on a one year deal (which I doubt he does), it might be worth investigating. But again, his off field issues are far more serious problems than those of Moss.

I don't view Edwards as a worthy upgrade over Garcon.

This is a big year for Garcon. If he takes the next step, ergo stops dropping the easy ones, he can become pro bowl caliber. I really don't agree with so many that seem down on him. He's been an outstanding value draft pick that has shown the talent to hopefully take the next step.

I agree with this also. Garcon, IMO, has plenty of upside left. He makes some spectacular catches. And he costs a fraction of what most veteran receivers do. This is his year IMO.

I wouldn't, however, have a problem with the signing of Moss given the durability of late of Collie and Gonzo. We lose either one of them, and we're looking at Taj as the 5th guy behind White. Taj is an ace on ST though, so he may be more valuable than Moss. But in terms of receiving... I'd say you have to go with Moss, or at least kick the tires and see what he's got.

Thank you for posting that! As I've been saying in a couple of other threads, Edwards has drastically cut down on the number of drops over the past 2 years in New York - he has left his drops in Cleveland.

A lot of people also knock him because his receptions by percentage targeted is low, but the truth is he was catching passes from mark sanchez... It's really kinda hard to catch the ball when it way over there like 7 feet from where your at.

HOWEVER....

Just because I'm arguing that he is in fact a talented player doesn't mean I am endorsing us signing him, or even pursuing him. This most recent incident he has been involved in, after all the others, indicates the guy is more about living that gangsta star lifestyle than he is about being the best at what he does, and making his team the best in the league.

At least Moss, when happy, as he was in 2007,2008, and 2009, shows up to work and makes his team better.

A lot of people also knock him because his receptions by percentage targeted is low, but the truth is he was catching passes from mark sanchez... It's really kinda hard to catch the ball when it way over there like 7 feet from where your at.

HOWEVER....

Just because I'm arguing that he is in fact a talented player doesn't mean I am endorsing us signing him, or even pursuing him. This most recent incident he has been involved in, after all the others, indicates the guy is more about living that gangsta star lifestyle than he is about being the best at what he does, and making his team the best in the league.

At least Moss, when happy, as he was in 2007,2008, and 2009, shows up to work and makes his team better.

Oh I completely agree - we all saw how HORRIBLY inaccurate Sanchez was in the play-offs against us (even the game-winning throw to Edwards was almost a hail mary)

And I agree - if the Jets don't want him back because he's a diva, imagine how bad he must be, not to mention that he might've violated his probation in Cleveland and that news of his most recent incident indicate that he was the primary instigator ...followed by the old "my dog hacked my Twitter account" nonsense

Financial implications aside, I agree I wouldn't want him either - I'm all for Moss though

I said other than the money issue.

Uh, looking at your two posts in this thread, no you didn't.

And that's kinda like saying, other than a money issue, why shouldn't we sign Asomugha? There isn't much point debating the signing of a guy that we can't afford, let alone a guy that, if we could afford him, would cause us to lose our own valuable talent.

Also, as far as Edwards is concerned... I'd rather we stick with what we have. Granted, he only got a one year deal which we likely could've fit here, but he simply has too many issues off the field. Signing a guy with those types of problems sends a poor message through the lockerroom that talent outweighs all. It shouldn't, because it doesn't matter how talented a guy is, if he gets thrown in jail, he can't contribute to your team on Sunday.

The best ability is availability.