Colts Vs. Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone turns so quick on good players because of a few mistakes. Ie: Natson

He is a good WR, w great PR/KR skills and has a heart bigger than half the team alone. Don't praise a player for weeks and after two mistakes throw him under the bus. Where I come from that is called a bandwagon fan. 

This includes the gentlemen calling the game. That is all. :)

7 minutes ago, IndyNismoZ said:

Everyone turns so quick on good players because of a few mistakes. Ie: Natson

He is a good WR, w great PR/KR skills and has a heart bigger than half the team alone. Don't praise a player for weeks and after two mistakes throw him under the bus. Where I come from that is called a bandwagon fan. 

This includes the gentlemen calling the game. That is all. 

Bill Belichcik cuts players that develop fumble-itis. Just sayin' ...

(Chris Harper muffed punt...)

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

Bill Belichcik cuts players that develop fumble-itis. Just sayin' ...

I respect you as a moderator so please do not take this the wrong way sir....

We are not the Patriots, Bill is not our coach, we do not cheat. Let them run their team their way and we can run ours our way. Rings are great and all but not what makes football, well frankly football. 

2 minutes ago, IndyNismoZ said:

We are not the Patriots, Bill is not our coach, we do not cheat. Let them run their team their way and we can run ours our way. Rings are great and all but not what makes football, well frankly football. 

The kid is showing a bad trend.  He's on the bubble at this point, I think.  This will factor in.  No one is turning on him, just being honest.  This is a bad game for him as far as PR is concerned.  He's deep on the WR chart, so it all factors in.

6 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

The kid is showing a bad trend.  He's on the bubble at this point, I think.  This will factor in.  No one is turning on him, just being honest.  This is a bad game for him as far as PR is concerned.  He's deep on the WR chart, so it all factors in.

I agree 100% with the core message. I just hate when "fans" seem to turn so quickly on individual players that make mistakes. That's all. No hard feelings as we all have our own takes on what a player should possess and how long his leash should be. 

I am rooting for the guy. His nerves seem to be on show tonight but to say is making his way off the roster and what the.... on page 7 of this forum when on page 4 or 5 most were saying... It would be a crime if he does not make the squad, jo jo for president, he has earned his spot on this team..... just gives the bandwagon feeling. That is all I am saying. No disrespect just observations. 

3 minutes ago, IndyNismoZ said:

I agree 100% with the core message. I just hate when "fans" seem to turn so quickly on individual players that make mistakes. That's all. No hard feelings as we all have our own takes on what a player should possess and how long his leash should be. 

I am rooting for the guy. His nerves seem to be on show tonight but to say is making his way off the roster and what the.... on page 7 of this forum when on page 4 or 5 most were saying... It would be a crime if he does not make the squad, jo jo for president, he has earned his spot on this team..... just gives the bandwagon feeling. That is all I am saying. No disrespect just observations. 

Coolness.

Welcome to the board.  Hope you enjoy your stay,

19 minutes ago, IndyNismoZ said:

OK, i respect you have a right to express your opinion.  I'll express mine, without involvement of the Patriots in any way.  I do not want any player that cant control the football.  It seems that when it's dropped in a game, it is oftwen at a bad time, and/or creates a major swing in momentum that cand, and does, lose games.

I'm not going to spend all all night finding all of these, but here is Norv Turner, and Bill Parcells on the subject-

Rookie Ryan Mathews (24) is among three Chargers running backs with two fumbles this season. By contrast, former starter LaDainian Tomlinson fumbled two times in his final three seasons with the Chargers.

Norv Turner put his skill players on notice after Sunday's loss to New England. Fumble the football and you won't play.

"My feeling is this: There are some guys that carry the ball 300-350 times, and those that do should have one fumble, maybe two," Turner said after Wednesday's practice. "If you have a guy that touches the ball 30 times, he's not allowed to fumble the football. That's it."

In a move coach Bill Parcells might have used to send a message to his young team, the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday afternoon released second-year cornerback and kick return man Derek Ross.

Parcells cut Ross a day after talking about accountability and the maturity of some players. Ross, 23, was a 2002 third-round pick from Ohio State, fumbled twice on kick returns in a loss Thursday to Miami.

Ball security is important and paramount.  Natural ability doesn't justify it.  That's my opinion. He needs to clean it up.

15 minutes ago, IndyNismoZ said:

For the record, and you can search all you wish... you will not find any post of mine waving the JoJo banner, nor saying he wont make the squad. But I will say that I, personally, do not want anyone that cannot protect the ball, especially in crunch time.  They will invariable cough it up, and it will turn momentum and/or lose games.  I've seen it too much over the years..  He must learn ball security.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

For the record, and you can search all you wish... you will not find any post of mine waving the JoJo banner, nor saying he wont make the squad. But I will say that I, personally, do not want anyone that cannot protect the ball.  they will invariable cough it up, and it will turn momentum and/or lose games.  I've seen it too much over the years..  He must learn ball security.

I don't think many will argue with you.  The question here is does he learn on the 53 or on the PS?

I would lean towards the 53.