Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Colts win a game without Luck?

dudley dawson

Hard for any D to hold and help you win if they've got to keep jumping on the field because of three and outs. I don't see them winning with anyone but Luck honestly.

Heart says yes, head says no looking at a team trying to find it's way on D and not much identity on O without AL.

Probably not,  but in large part due to the fact that the injury bug has spread badly across the team....

Luck,  Kelly,  Vonte,  Moncrief,  Rogers,  Dorsett,  Swoope,  and more....

Losing that much talent is hard to overcome,  especially without the best player on the team.

Depends how many games they go. If Luck is out like 2-3 weeks, maybe not. If he's off for an extended amount of time, they should be able to pick off one time or another. The Colts might be bad without Luck, but there are worse teams.

An entire season without Luck I think they go 3-13.

1 minute ago, will426 said:

Hope the browns beat us :) when you lose to the browns you know you need changes 

IMO, that would be the only way that Pagano would lose his job early on. It would have to be a bad loss though, and Luck might have to be playing. Even so, that could still happen in week 3. We'll have to find out. My opinion was I hope either Pagano figures it out completely, or gets fired and we rebuild. Nothing is worse than mediocrity, and even with Luck, that's where we're stuck.

50 minutes ago, Xander said:

Doesn't seem like the Colts care. I mean they're going with Scott Tolzien who's never won a game in his career. 

Hmmm

i do believe he was starting QB Saturday when they beat the steelers........ so there's at least 1 game

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Probably not,  but in large part due to the fact that the injury bug has spread badly across the team....

Luck,  Kelly,  Vonte,  Moncrief,  Rogers,  Dorsett,  Swoope,  and more....

Losing that much talent is hard to overcome,  especially without the best player on the team.

We can win if we don't start tolzien but if we do no chance.

27 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

IMO, that would be the only way that Pagano would lose his job early on. It would have to be a bad loss though, and Luck might have to be playing. Even so, that could still happen in week 3. We'll have to find out. My opinion was I hope either Pagano figures it out completely, or gets fired and we rebuild. Nothing is worse than mediocrity, and even with Luck, that's where we're stuck.

We're rebuilding already as far as getting an new coach they'll happen at the end of the season. 

Problem is, for now at least, that we are not just missing Luck.  The worst case scenario of injuries has happened as far as losing key people... even if it is only short term ...... it is so depressing.

Then add in that our defense has been ripped apart and reassembled with people that have not played together much so the "gel factor" hasn't had time to materialize.  Not to mention the nagging injuries with Hooker (I hope this is not going to be a trend) so the backfield, arguably the most important part of the D is once again hodgepodge at best.  *Side note- so sick and tired of having a crap OL and less than mediocre defensive backfield.... although I do see potential for a change in the DB's.

I don't need to beat it to death, we all know where we are right now.  I honestly can't remember a season that I was so high on and excited about during the off season that in a short period of time became a sunken feeling of hopelessness (2011 maybe? idk).  I have became proficient of "pulling myself up by my bootstraps" over the years, but this year truly feels lost at this point.  Without these three (Luck, Kelly and Davis) we have a tough road to hoe. 

I won't give up regardless of how bad it gets and will always be supportive and hope for the best. There is some potential lurking, we just need everyone healthy for a change. 

Oh... so my answer to the question is not likely but possible, lol.

3 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Problem is, for now at least, that we are not just missing Luck.  The worst case scenario of injuries has happened as far as losing key people... even if it is only short term ...... it is so depressing.

Then add in that our defense has been ripped apart and reassembled with people that have not played together much so the "gel factor" hasn't had time to materialize.  Not to mention the nagging injuries with Hooker (I hope this is not going to be a trend) so the backfield, arguably the most important part of the D is once again hodgepodge at best.  *Side note- so sick and tired of having a crap OL and less than mediocre defensive backfield.... although I do see potential for a change in the DB's.

I don't need to beat it to death, we all know where we are right now.  I honestly can't remember a season that I was so high on and excited about during the off season that in a short period of time became a sunken feeling of hopelessness (2011 maybe? idk).  I have became proficient of "pulling myself up by my bootstraps" over the years, but this year truly feels lost at this point.  Without these three (Luck, Kelly and Davis) we have a tough road to hoe. 

I won't give up regardless of how bad it gets and will always be supportive and hope for the best. There is some potential lurking, we just need everyone healthy for a change. 

Oh... so my answer to the question is not likely but possible, lol.

Great post! I think this sums up the feelings of everyone here.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you. Didn't get to see the game live, will watch it!

FYI, I am not so much in the camp of "we beat them up ones on ones".  Everything equal, I think if both teams clean up a little bit of sloppiness the Steelers move the ball with ease and would likely whip us pretty good.  Not trying to be negative just what I saw.  And... add Bell and so forth and it really changes the dynamics even more.... I hope I am wrong.  Of course having Luck changes things too, but I still don't think we "worked them over" so to speak.  Let me know what you see after you watch it.

1 minute ago, life long said:

Kobe beef! 80 lb cut! 

I haven't been to Japan since 1995 when I played in the very first Pokemon World Championship as an 8 year old. I remember a restaurant there having Kobe Beef, and my mom not buying me any. Was so disappointed at the time, and was even more disappointed later on when I learned how high-end it was. If I buy us something like that, it's only because I won a poker tourney and I'm curious still to try it for the first time! haha

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I haven't been to Japan since 1995 when I played in the very first Pokemon World Championship as an 8 year old. I remember a restaurant there having Kobe Beef, and my mom not buying me any. Was so disappointed at the time, and was even more disappointed later on when I learned how high-end it was. If I buy us something like that, it's only because I won a poker tourney and I'm curious still to try it for the first time! haha

Yeah 80 lbs of Kobe would cost a ridiculous amount. I figured since their is almost zero chance of going 16-0, might as well ask for tippy top shelf lol. 

I still think we could win a game without Luck..... any given sunday! 

It doesn't matter guys.  This season is fixing to be a bumpy ride.  Even if Luck returns at some point, he will be incredibly rusty. It's not like he will immediately make the Colts that much better.  I predict 6-10 if Luck returns at some point, resulting in decent draft position for Ballard to work his magic next off-season. We should also get a new head coach out of all this.   I lean towards resting Luck for as long as it takes for him to heal completely.  This season is basically a mulligan.  I will be watching just to see our young guys get experience and grow.  Next season is when the Colts start their climb back up again...in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It doesn't matter guys.  This season is fixing to be a bumpy ride.  Even if Luck returns at some point, he will be incredibly rusty. It's not like he will immediately make the Colts that much better.  I predict 6-10 if Luck returns at some point, resulting in decent draft position for Ballard to work his magic next off-season. We should also get a new head coach out of all this.   I lean towards resting Luck for as long as it takes for him to heal completely.  This season is basically a mulligan.  I will be watching just to see our young guys get experience and grow.  Next season is when the Colts start their climb back up again...in my opinion.

This is basically the idea, and I think the FO knows it and a vast majority of people on here do as well (whether they will all admit it is another story). With the injuries and Luck not at 100% health, I just don't see us being very competitive this year. If, by season's end, Luck can get back to 100% and the rookies can break out as well as some of the FA's, then those goals will be accomplished. Then the rebuild can start with a new HC and Coaching Staff and another solid draft. It'd be great if Pagano turned it around, but the odds of that seem pretty low at this point.