Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade with Jets

TKnight24

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Darn, I thought it was going to say we traded for Ealy.  But since we didn't even put a waiver claim on him, I guess we never wanted him.

How do you know we didn't put in a waiver claim on him?  Genuinely curious.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I take this too mean that Green probably isn't making the 53. You have Geathers and Butler at FS. Farley starts at SS until/if Geathers comes back. Martin is probably safety depth. If you include Geathers and Powell, there's no way the Colts keep 5-6 safeties.

Green at CB??  I dunno.  Cuts will be VERY interesting this year!  This year more than ever, the fact you made the 53 is no reason to celebrate.  I am guessing there will be a lot of quality players let go from other teams for us to go after.

20 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I take this too mean that Green probably isn't making the 53. You have Geathers and Butler at FS. Farley starts at SS until/if Geathers comes back. Martin is probably safety depth. If you include Geathers and Powell, there's no way the Colts keep 5-6 safeties.

no way they cut green and keep a undrafted safety from another team signed just days before the season.  

no way they cut green and keep a undrafted safety from another team signed just days before the season.  

Stranger things have happened. And Martin is still probably a better safety and football player than Green who is just an athlete. Remember on the preliminary depth chart Green was 2nd or 3rd at SS.

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Stranger things have happened. And Martin is still probably a better safety and football player than Green who is just an athlete. Remember on the preliminary depth chart Green was 2nd or 3rd at SS.

yeah, but enlight of Vontae's injury possibly resulting in long term time off, I dont think they'll cut green.

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Seven teams put in a waiver claim according to this article. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000835699/article/jets-claim-former-patriots-de-kony-ealy-off-waivers

gotcha...thanks for posting that.  I was hoping you'd found a site that listed all waiver claims.  Been wanting to find something like that for a while now lol

Just now, J@son said:

gotcha...thanks for posting that.  I was hoping you'd found a site that listed all waiver claims.  Been wanting to find something like that for a while now lol

Yeah, I'm not sure if they release that info or not.  It would be real interesting come this weekend.

And btw. What I'm seeing from Farley.......He's our starting SS for the next several years. I think he's legit. Real talk. And I mean even when Geathers comes back. Hooker and Farley the next 10 seasons could be a nightmare for opponents and a nasty, lethal duo at S.

The usual suspect with the non sense. They ain't cutting Green for some Jets backup. They dropped this guy for Terrance Brooks from the Ravens who hasn't done much of anything his own self. That tells you where Martin is. Not only is it likely he can't play safety but I'm sure its likely he can't even play corner. Lets be mature here

In all likelihood this guy is going to be a Will linebacker or a Dime linebacker based on his profile. Has speed issues when it comes to being a Safety. Physical and aggressive hitter supposedly. Doubt he makes the roster. Just trying to round out the PS.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

So you have Martin ahead of Green? Why?

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm going out on a limb to say that the addition of Martin has no impact on the final 53. 

What's the point in trading for him then especially since they would have cut Hennessy anyway

Just now, CR91 said:

What's the point in trading for him then especially since they would have cut Hennessy anyway

In preseason, there's a 90 man roster. That means at least 37 players on the roster now won't be here in a week. So what's the point in having those 37 other players?

Yes, they would have cut Hennessy. Now they have another defensive player to take a look at. Just like if they had cut Hennessy and signed an unknown FA defensive player, it would be unlikely for that guy to make the roster. Martin is an unknown fringe player. I highly doubt he makes the final roster.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

In preseason, there's a 90 man roster. That means at least 37 players on the roster now won't be here in a week. So what's the point in having those 37 other players?

Yes, they would have cut Hennessy. Now they have another defensive player to take a look at. Just like if they had cut Hennessy and signed an unknown FA defensive player, it would be unlikely for that guy to make the roster. Martin is an unknown fringe player. I highly doubt he makes the final roster.

Agreed. Did some of you forget how preseason week 4 works? No one wants to injure the 53 guys who will make the team. That includes Green, if he or Dorsett was likely going to be traded, neither would have played week 3 (typically).

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Why do we need S depth when we have Hooker, Farley, and Butler. Geathers whenever he's back. Then Green as well ? I mean from the looks of things, even without Geathers we have 3 good safeties

Colts have a history of getting their starters hurt and I don't expect Butler to survive a full season at that posting... Especially with his size and shoddy tackling. 

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Wont Hooker, Butler, and Farley be suited up week 1 baring further injury ? But I guess if we cut Green he's solid as a 4th/5th safety.

I honestly dont know whats going on i haven't been this confused about our roster in a very long time. Ballard is really shaking stuff up. At this point anyone is liable to be on the bubble.

47 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Colts signed and traded for a safety. I hope this doesn't mean they think Hooker may be out for a while.

I take it to mean they don't want to play any of the Safeties that will make the team on Thursday.

I could be wrong, but it would be a smart move.  Avoid further injuries.

So you have Martin ahead of Green? Why?

I just think Martin is more of a traditional safety and had more experience there in college. People are saying Martin has an unimpressive resume but it's only his 2nd year in the NFL. He played on a Jets team that had Gilchrist and Pryor. He wasn't going to see the field often. Plus if Matthias Farley who has a mere 11 career tackles to his name (and is also an UDFA) is ahead of Green, I can't imagine it'd be hard for Martin to jump him.

Also just to add, it's not necessarily about Martin being ahead of Green as much as it is Green just not being a good football player overall. It seems he's shopping Dorsett, and if Geathers was healthy, I can't imagine Green would even be on the roster now.

19 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I just think Martin is more of a traditional safety and had more experience there in college. People are saying Martin has an unimpressive resume but it's only his 2nd year in the NFL. He played on a Jets team that had Gilchrist and Pryor. He wasn't going to see the field often. Plus if Matthias Farley who has a mere 11 career tackles to his name (and is also an UDFA) is ahead of Green, I can't imagine it'd be hard for Martin to jump him.

12 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Also just to add, it's not necessarily about Martin being ahead of Green as much as it is Green just not being a good football player overall. It seems he's shopping Dorsett, and if Geathers was healthy, I can't imagine Green would even be on the roster now.

Have you ever seen Martin play?

10 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

That must stink knowing you were traded for a long snapper.

Uh huh losing to a long snapper is like being dumped by your woman because the new man in her life buys her better snacks then you ever did. Ouch!  

10 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Rhodes, Rhodes! Where we are going we don't need Rhodes

Thanks Doc AKA Christopher Lloyd from 1985's "Back To Future." Clever play on words there IA17. :P

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Jets-We traded you

Ron- For who?

Jets- A long snapper

Ron- why didn't you just ask for a bag of peanuts

Jesus man, I think you overheard the conversation word for word CR91. Cute. 

8 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Image result for approve gif

I keep trying to get a good look at that cat doing the paw up or meow up [I'm not sure what to label it.] But, the pacing sequence there is too darn quick. Anyway, still funny regardless Lolly! 

What do you think Keanu Reeves is saying with his thumbs up? Whoa or Excellent? ["Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" movie joke.] Yeah, I roll with excellent too.

You always post hysterical memes bro just sayin'.