Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden 2018

8 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Anyone pickup the new Madden game yet, it came out last night?

Thoughts if you did.

Yeah I didn't realize it came out at midnight or I would've went to get it last night. I just so happen to live in a town with no Wal Mart. Only cheap imitations and crap stors like Dollar General and Freds.  The closest Wal Mart to me is a little over 30 mins. Probably 35ish.

12 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah I didn't realize it came out at midnight or I would've went to get it last night. I just so happen to live in a town with no Wal Mart. Only cheap imitations and crap stors like Dollar General and Freds.  The closest Wal Mart to me is a little over 30 mins. Probably 35ish.

my cuz said he picking it up last night at GameStop but may not have much chance playing right away caus of just having a baby.

I didn't get last years but have 2016. I understand the cheaters pic is on cover so if I get it I may have someone else pick it up and tear his pic off before I see it. Lol

My friend got the game from gamestop last night. He hasn't told me a lot about it, but he's doing the franchise mode where he's a coach and just messing around right now playing the Broncos. He doesn't have internet, so he has to travel ten minutes to another friend's house to get it. I'm going to have to get a PS4 and the game to play it. I may just try and win some money on fanduel during football season to buy it as it costs a lot just to play one game. Wish they released it on PS3.

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

my cuz said he picking it up last night at GameStop but may not have much chance playing right away caus of just having a baby.

I didn't get last years but have 2016. I understand the cheaters pic is on cover so if I get it I may have someone else pick it up and tear his pic off before I see it. Lol

I used to always buy Madden on the day it came out. I couldn't wait, it was one of my favorite days back in the 90's. I remember my friends and I having a huge tournament on Madden 93 where they had the greatest teams of all-time on it and I won that with 8 of us doing it over a whole weekend - best of 3's. I took the 85 Bears, every damn game was close as others had the 78 Steelers, 84 49ers, 72 Dolphins, etc.. I could do that stuff when I was much younger, didn't have to work as much. That was when Sega ruled lmao 

My first impression is that it's a pretty solid game.  It's kind of the same thing every year.  Basically an updated roster with improved gameplay.  The target passing feels kinda like the QB Vision from back in the day. 

I don't really have any complaints yet, except for having to watch the Brady intro every time I turn on the :censored: game.  :thmdown:

That is going to drive me :censored: insane

Also, I miss being able to pencil in McAfee as the Punter for the Colts.

Vinatieri might carry the ST this year, and good for him and his HoF resume, but Patty Mac has been a 99 Punter the last few years.

A good punter isn't usually needed by an experienced Madden player, but it's a nice Ace to have in your back pocket against an evenly-matched opponent.

:clover:

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My friend got the game from gamestop last night. He hasn't told me a lot about it, but he's doing the franchise mode where he's a coach and just messing around right now playing the Broncos. He doesn't have internet, so he has to travel ten minutes to another friend's house to get it. I'm going to have to get a PS4 and the game to play it. I may just try and win some money on fanduel during football season to buy it as it costs a lot just to play one game. Wish they released it on PS3.

I've read that the Madden 18 franchise mode is literally the exact same as M17, except the layout design is different. I only play M18 for franchise, but it seems their efforts were put towards the "story" mode and MUT (which I'm not a fan of). 

1 minute ago, MTC said:

I've read that the Madden 18 franchise mode is literally the exact same as M17, except the layout design is different. I only play M18 for franchise, but it seems their efforts were put towards the "story" mode and MUT (which I'm not a fan of). 

I hate having to pay money for cards. I'll just do it the old fashioned way. I'll play some games, earn a bit of money, buy some ok cards and resell them at the auction house. Then after repeatedly making small profits for a day or two, I'll go to an auction and bid on a 90 rated card. Usually you competing against 20 other people to try and win it, so it's like "sniping" on ebay against a group of people at the last second, but I've won a few elite cards for 1/10 of the price without having to spend a penny of real money. At least my ultimate team will have Khalil Mack and Von Miller lol! I will be weak, but I can somewhat hang with the big boys and have a little luxury on my team. :) 

Not sure, But don't think I'll be picking up the new Madden.

I went to my cousins house who has it. Practiced very little with it and didn't seem much different than my 2016 Madden. But mostly seeing the cheaters mug as it is loading is a real turn off!!! $60 + tax & insurance to see the most hated person(for me) in sports everytime I play  may be a bit too much for me to take. Lol.