Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss is in Indianapolis today,whereabouts unknow

coltsuser21

Yes, Randy Moss has retired. Sort of. But, just because ‘Straight cash, homey’ says he’s done doesn’t mean he is. When the news broke of his retirement, one of the reasons he said he was hanging them up was because he wasn’t getting enough interests from certain teams. One of the teams he mentioned was the Colts.

For many, Moss’s use of ‘interest’ suggested that the Colts had a desire to sign Moss, but that they didn’t want to pay him the $3 million per year he wanted.

I know alot of people dont believe twitter as a good source but its all over twitter

My link

this is a better link from stampede blue

+ We Got 15.7 Million in Cap Room!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign him up and then trade collie for picks.We need to get value from this injury prone t$%d.We have much better slot wrs than collie.

Yeah, because that's obviously where I was going with that wasn't it? At least if you're going to make an attempt at humor, you might actually try being ...you know, funny?

Do you seriously not think a motivated Moss on a one-year deal would not be an upgrade over Garcon, who has consistently demonstrated inconsistency? Pray tell, who do we have on our roster right now who constitutes a reliable deep threat?

This is what the stampedeblue tweet says

Rumor of Moss in Indianapolis. It's a rumor, folks. Until u see someone like me tweet 'Colts sign Randy Moss,' dont believe the rumors

Please don't sign him. I think the Colts can do without his 6 catches in 8 games he put up with the Titans.

Please don't sign him. I think the Colts can do without his 6 catches in 8 games he put up with the Titans.

Not sure if Rusty Smith and Kerry Collins throwing to an unmotivated Moss during a mid-season trade, on a losing team would be the best indicator of what Moss has to offer.

Hidden

Yeah, because that's obviously where I was going with that wasn't it? At least if you're going to make an attempt at humor, you might actually try being ...you know, funny?

Do you seriously not think a motivated Moss on a one-year deal would not be an upgrade over Garcon, who has consistently demonstrated inconsistency? Pray tell, who do we have on our roster right now who constitutes a reliable deep threat?

Whatcha' talkin' bout willis?!lol!The only thing mildly amuzing is the though of collie being "the guy" for us.

P.S."I am by nature libertarian... don't tread on me, just leave me alone, that's all." -Kurt Russell

We are not the titans... he did not want to play for them and i dont blame him. all he wants is a ring and they had no chance at giving him one. i know he had a bad year last year but he did score a TD for 3 different teams (no one else has EVER done that). Try not to be a negative nancy and get excited about the possibilty of looking at Wayne, Moss, Collie, Garcon, Gonzo, and don't forget Clark at TE all catching balls thrown by the GOAT at QB. I know it is just a rumor but can u seriously tell me u dont want him on our team? that is nonsense :FBshocked:

Sign him up and then trade collie for picks.We need to get value from this injury prone t$%d.We have much better slot wrs than collie.

I could not disagree with you more. Prior to Collie's initial concussion last year, Collie was leading the league in every receiving statistical category. That is even better than Wes Welker at the slot position! Also, he was not injury prone last year; he just did not recover from his initial concussion. Because he rushed back onto the field, he suffered further brain trama and it compounded from the initial injury. If he would have been more patient and given his body more time to heal, he would have been in better shape for the remainder of the season. The receiver who is injury prone is Gonzo, and we won't be able to trade Gonzo for anything. I'm not sure theres room on the roster for Moss. Polian said his top priorities next off-season will be re-signing Wayne and Garcon (along with Mathis) so those two guys are not going anywhere. That leaves White and Gonzo. They are as cheap as we will ever find at WR since they are both still on their rookie contracts. White is our Punt returner and a proven backup after last year. It's also his second real season, so he still has lots of potential. I have been saying for a while now that Gonzo will have a big year because if he doesn't he will be unemployed. He will be another victim of the one and done contracts in the NFL. Gonzo has to have a big year to make people want to sign him, and I think he is very capable. I personally think that we should meet with Moss and if Collie or Gonzo or anyone gets hurt for the season we should bring in Moss. Otherwise, I just don't feel we have room on our roster for another WR.

Whatcha' talkin' bout willis?!lol!The only thing mildly amuzing is the though of collie being "the guy" for us.

P.S."I am by nature libertarian... don't tread on me, just leave me alone, that's all." -Kurt Russell

Dude, who are you? Kurt Russell references, really? Let me guess, you are wearing leg warmers right now, you still use the expression 'where's the beef', and Van Halen is your favorite band.

Well we do have the cap space, don't we? To me, 3mill for one year sounds fine, especially how he instantly impacts our red-zone possessions due to his height advantage (not that we usually have problems scoring). Plus, we were down 3 crucial offensive pieces last year, 2 of which are seriously injury-prone. I'm not sure where he would fit in (Replace Garcon?), but he would be another weapon that defenses have to plan against. I'm certainly hopeful that our offensive line is going to be better than years past, which would help establish the running game, and thus, the play-action. How wonderful would it be to have Moss to run the Go route, stretch out his hands, and * it from Jonathan Joseph... It would be a thing of beauty

Hidden

I could not disagree with you more. Prior to Collie's initial concussion last year, Collie was leading the league in every receiving statistical category. That is even better than Wes Welker at the slot position! Also, he was not injury prone last year; he just did not recover from his initial concussion. Because he rushed back onto the field, he suffered further brain trama and it compounded from the initial injury. If he would have been more patient and given his body more time to heal, he would have been in better shape for the remainder of the season. The receiver who is injury prone is Gonzo, and we won't be able to trade Gonzo for anything. I'm not sure theres room on the roster for Moss. Polian said his top priorities next off-season will be re-signing Wayne and Garcon (along with Mathis) so those two guys are not going anywhere. That leaves White and Gonzo. They are as cheap as we will ever find at WR since they are both still on their rookie contracts. White is our Punt returner and a proven backup after last year. It's also his second real season, so he still has lots of potential. I have been saying for a while now that Gonzo will have a big year because if he doesn't he will be unemployed. He will be another victim of the one and done contracts in the NFL. Gonzo has to have a big year to make people want to sign him, and I think he is very capable. I personally think that we should meet with Moss and if Collie or Gonzo or anyone gets hurt for the season we should bring in Moss. Otherwise, I just don't feel we have room on our roster for another WR.

A very thoughtful post.I agree with many points.Good going nick.I've always though that you would make a better MOD(and bayone).You both are more logical and are always open to differences of opinion.

Hidden

Dude, who are you? Kurt Russell references, really? Let me guess, you are wearing leg warmers right now, you still use the expression 'where's the beef', and Van Halen is your favorite band.

DAAANNNCCCEEE TTHHEE NNIIIGGHHTT AAWWWAAAYYY!lol!She looked old enough to dddaaannnccceee tthhheee nnniiiggghhttt aaawwwaaayy!lol

Hidden

the real jackburton doesnt know what shes talkn bout

That's because it's a multi-account of that EJN guy who said Blair White was going to have 1000+ receiving yards and double digit TD catches.

Of course he thinks Collie is a scrub.

It's ok, though, he'll be banned soon enough.

Not sure if Rusty Smith and Kerry Collins throwing to an unmotivated Moss during a mid-season trade, on a losing team would be the best indicator of what Moss has to offer.

As bad as VY is, he can throw to an open receiver more than 6 times in 8 games.

And that is exactly what Moss has to offer. If he's not happy he offers nothing. Plus who would you want him to take looks away from? Garcon? No. I think Garcon has limited upside and I think he maxed out at 65-70 receptions, 750-850 yards and half dozen TDs. Moss is not going to do more than that with the Colts so why take that away from Garcon who's been working is Manning for going on 4 years now? Collie? No. A healthy Collie is one of the best receivers in the league. Wayne? Yeah right. Gonzo? Possibly. So people want the Colts to sign Moss to be the 4th receiver?

We are not the titans... he did not want to play for them and i dont blame him. all he wants is a ring and they had no chance at giving him one. i know he had a bad year last year but he did score a TD for 3 different teams (no one else has EVER done that). Try not to be a negative nancy and get excited about the possibilty of looking at Wayne, Moss, Collie, Garcon, Gonzo, and don't forget Clark at TE all catching balls thrown by the GOAT at QB. I know it is just a rumor but can u seriously tell me u dont want him on our team? that is nonsense :FBshocked:

One Moss did not score a TD with the Titans so he did not score with 3 different teams and therefore not the first person to do that.

But look at last year... Pats no longer wanted him... traded to Vikings, Vikings no longer wanted him, traded the Titans. Titans wanted him, tried to give him a chance and he just sat there and collected a paycheck. Championship teams are not built with players who only play well when things are going their way. And I can seriously tell you that I do not want the Colts to sign Moss and I will be disappointed in Caldwell, Irsay and the Polians if they do.

As bad as VY is, he can throw to an open receiver more than 6 times in 8 games.

And that is exactly what Moss has to offer. If he's not happy he offers nothing. Plus who would you want him to take looks away from? Garcon? No. I think Garcon has limited upside and I think he maxed out at 65-70 receptions, 750-850 yards and half dozen TDs. Moss is not going to do more than that with the Colts so why take that away from Garcon who's been working is Manning for going on 4 years now? Collie? No. A healthy Collie is one of the best receivers in the league. Wayne? Yeah right. Gonzo? Possibly. So people want the Colts to sign Moss to be the 4th receiver?

One Moss did not score a TD with the Titans so he did not score with 3 different teams and therefore not the first person to do that.

But look at last year... Pats no longer wanted him... traded to Vikings, Vikings no longer wanted him, traded the Titans. Titans wanted him, tried to give him a chance and he just sat there and collected a paycheck. Championship teams are not built with players who only play well when things are going their way. And I can seriously tell you that I do not want the Colts to sign Moss and I will be disappointed in Caldwell, Irsay and the Polians if they do.

Hidden

That's because it's a multi-account of that EJN guy who said Blair White was going to have 1000+ receiving yards and double digit TD catches.

Of course he thinks Collie is a scrub.

It's ok, though, he'll be banned soon enough.

Wow!It seems you now have conspiracy theories!lol!I'm just a fan that doesn't think much of collie.That is all.

I talked about Collie before anyone knew who he was...blair white has the same type of hands and never got a chance to play with dallas his rookie year...I think blair white is the next collie...who wouldn't want a deep threat like moss...but only if he signs to win a super bowl not cash out