Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just A Thought

Rashad

I really don't understand the reasoning here. Waste a first round pick for the future? How does that even make sense?

Luck is a much better quarterback than Mallett. If you drafted Luck right now and asked the Patriots for a trade, Luck for Mallett, they would do it in a heartbeat. Why is everyone wanting to downgrade in prospects? All of them are unproven and have the chance to flop but some are pretty darn good and near cant-miss while other are third rounders for a reason.

The reasoning is obvious on why fans want to trade the #1pick and get anyone except Luck. They choose Manning for maybe a few more years,if healthy, over a franchise qb for 15 years.It's very difficult for some to let go.

The reasoning is obvious on why fans want to trade the #1pick and get anyone except Luck. They choose Manning for maybe a few more years,if healthy, over a franchise qb for 15 years.It's very difficult for some to let go.

Emotionally, I can understand it is very difficult.

However, the logic escapes me.

What use is a 36 year old QB, even if sufficiently recovered from surgeries that prevented him from playing all last season, on a rebuilding team, when the team will draft a top-rated QB in this year's draft with its #1 overall pick?

It's very clear to me. It's time to move on.

Emotionally, I can understand it is very difficult.

However, the logic escapes me.

What use is a 36 year old QB, even if sufficiently recovered from surgeries that prevented him from playing all last season, on a rebuilding team, when the team will draft a top-rated QB in this year's draft with its #1 overall pick?

It's very clear to me. It's time to move on.

I didn't say it was logical.Theres a thread where some wished the colts would have won another game or two just so we wouldn't be in position to draft Luck. Just about every team & fan base wished they were in our shoes BUT they veiw it as a big,dark storm coming on the horizon and the end of their football world, when in fact it should be the beginning of a very bright future for us Colt fans. I just hope Irsay does not mess it up.