Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers Won't Retain Hines Ward

KyFan18

Packers also have a decision to make with Donald Driver:

"The organization knows what I've done on and off the field, and they want to keep me around as long as possible," Driver told WISN-TV at a Boy Scouts Leadership Breakfast on Friday. "If that means sitting down and taking pay cuts to stay around, then you take pay cuts to stay around. I've always said it's not about the money for me anymore.

"What I'm pushing for is for my legacy to stay around in the state of Wisconsin and around the world forever. So the money's not a big issue."

I hope they can keep him even though they have plenty of WRs in GB. Driver is also one of the few who gave 100% in the playoff loss to the Giants.

I doubt it. Marvin is a top five receiver all time. He is in for his first or second year of eligibility. The amount of time between their retirements alone gives Marvin a huge advantage.

Marvin-1102-14,580-128

Ward 1000-12,083-85

Marvin isn't that far ahead of Ward just on career #s. Lets look at playoff #'s

Marvin 65-883-2

Ward 88-1181-10

Ward was on a run first, run always, team for his entire career....Ward was hands down the more complete player, and I don't think that can even be argued. And he's got a SB MVP under his belt.

You saying "Marvin is top 5 all time" doesn't mean its true. No one outside of Indy believes that.

Marvin-1102-14,580-128

Ward 1000-12,083-85

Marvin isn't that far ahead of Ward just on career #s. Lets look at playoff #'s

Marvin 65-883-2

Ward 88-1181-10

Ward was on a run first, run always, team for his entire career....Ward was hands down the more complete player, and I don't think that can even be argued. And he's got a SB MVP under his belt.

You saying "Marvin is top 5 all time" doesn't mean its true. No one outside of Indy believes that.

You may want to read back up on Marvin's accomplishments:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Harrison

He is a first or second ballot hall of famer. Since he retired in 2008, that would make him hall eligible in 2013. Hines Ward hasn't even announced his retirement yet. That makes him eligible in 2017 AT THE EARLIEST! There is no way Marvin goes four years without joining the hall.

He is STATISTICALLY a top 5 wideout all time. That is RECORDED STATISTICS (third in career yards and fourth in career touchdowns). I don't need to say it for it to be true, and you claiming it's false doesn't make it false.

You may want to read back up on Marvin's accomplishments:

http://en.wikipedia....Marvin_Harrison

He is a first or second ballot hall of famer. Since he retired in 2008, that would make him hall eligible in 2013. Hines Ward hasn't even announced his retirement yet. That makes him eligible in 2017 AT THE EARLIEST! There is no way Marvin goes four years without joining the hall.

He is STATISTICALLY a top 5 wideout all time. That is RECORDED STATISTICS (third in career yards and fourth in career touchdowns). I don't need to say it for it to be true, and you claiming it's false doesn't make it false.

I have no need to brush up on Marvins accomplishments. I know them well. You claiming he will be "first or second ballot" proves to me you don't know anything about HoF selections.

He's not 3rd in career yards, he's 6th...He's 3rd in rec, 1 total rec in front of C.Carter, 8 infront of T.Brown neither of whom have made the final cut for the HoF.

He nots 4th in rec. TDs, he's 5th. Behind Carter.

Those other accomplishments, the one he's achieved with Peyton? He took those from A.Reed. Who is also NOT in the HoF.

So please explain to me again, why he will be in first or 2nd ballot?

We havent even gotten into him not being the premier WR during his era, those accomplisments belong to Randy Moss and TO.

We can also discuss how Marvin had every possible advantage, and still failed to seperate himself from the pack.

So you've got Carter/Brown/Reed/Moss/TO ALL getting precident before Marvin. (we can also get Tony G. involved as well). Assuming 1 WR makes it per year (wont happen in a million years), Marvin is AT BEST the 5th option.

I have no need to brush up on Marvins accomplishments. I know them well. You claiming he will be "first or second ballot" proves to me you don't know anything about HoF selections.

He's not 3rd in career yards, he's 6th...He's 3rd in rec, 1 total rec in front of C.Carter, 8 infront of T.Brown neither of whom have made the final cut for the HoF.

He nots 4th in rec. TDs, he's 5th. Behind Carter.

Those other accomplishments, the one he's achieved with Peyton? He took those from A.Reed. Who is also NOT in the HoF.

So please explain to me again, why he will be in first or 2nd ballot?

We havent even gotten into him not being the premier WR during his era, those accomplisments belong to Randy Moss and TO.

We can also discuss how Marvin had every possible advantage, and still failed to seperate himself from the pack.

So you've got Carter/Brown/Reed/Moss/TO ALL getting precident before Marvin. (we can also get Tony G. involved as well). Assuming 1 WR makes it per year (wont happen in a million years), Marvin is AT BEST the 5th option.

A lot of Harrison bashing, but not a lot about how Hines is the better receiver.

A lot of Harrison bashing, but not a lot about how Hines is the better receiver.

Harrison bashing? Please.

Was Hines a better pure WR than Marvin? No way.

Was Hines the better football player. 100% Yes. Its not even an arguement.

Hines is comparable in every statistical category, had less talent around him, and clearly out performed Marvin in the playoffs.

Marvins 3rd in rec. Hines is 8th. Marvin is 6th in yards. Hines is 18th. Marvin is 5th in TD. Hines is 13th. Not that big of a difference, esp. considering the offenses each player played in.

Now factor in playoff and Super Bowls (something the HoF commitee considers VERY HIGHLY), Hines and his slight lag behind Marvin, becomes a giant leap ahead of him.

I think he's in the HoF before Marvin is.

Are you just trolling or have you never seen Marvin play?

Also all you have to do is compare Marvin's stats to those of Hines Ward and it is so blatantly obvious..... Marvin is above Hines in Yards, Touchdowns and receptions.... what other stat is there for WR's that is HoF worthy....

Lol my favorite part of your argument is when you say "Wards stats are comparable" Lol sure you can compare them but Marvin's are leaps and bounds above Wards. There is not one stat you could list that would back up your argument that he will be in the HoF first. You are just listing your "gut" feeling. And trust me the HoF does not care that you personally feel that he is a better overall WR. He has never even played on the same level as marvin. Lol you watch one highlight of Ward breaking someones jaw on a cheap block and all of a sudden hes a better football player then marvin..... haha I get the feeling you just watch football highlights not actual games.

Also the HoF does not place Superbowls as highly as you may believe. Ask Dan Marino and Bill Parcells. Dan Marino 0 superbowls 1st ballot HoF. Parcells Multiple superbowls and denied by the HoF.

I must have forgotten it was called the Hall of Stats........

as another poster pointed out all you do is bash you dont have any arguments in favor of ward.... ( and when you tried to all you did was list all the stats Marvin has over ward :P )

What do you think it is the Hall of IndyTravs gut feelings? haha

Please, feel free to point out this bashing.....I'll wait.

By saying Ward was a better overall WR then Marvin even after you have listed that Marvin has more receptions yards and touchdowns... (if being a WR is not about having a lot of yards, touchdowns or receptions what is it about? Breaking jaws on cheap shots?

Also I am waiting for your argument for why Ward is better then Marvin (try not to list all the stats Marvin has over Ward this time cause that did not help your argument :P )

Harrison bashing? Please.

Was Hines a better pure WR than Marvin? No way.

Was Hines the better football player. 100% Yes. Its not even an arguement.

Hines is comparable in every statistical category, had less talent around him, and clearly out performed Marvin in the playoffs.

Marvins 3rd in rec. Hines is 8th. Marvin is 6th in yards. Hines is 18th. Marvin is 5th in TD. Hines is 13th. Not that big of a difference, esp. considering the offenses each player played in.

Now factor in playoff and Super Bowls (something the HoF commitee considers VERY HIGHLY), Hines and his slight lag behind Marvin, becomes a giant leap ahead of him.

Hines played 2 more seasons.

Actually, in the 2 more seasons Hines played, the Steelers still attempted 410 less passes.......Thats with a two year cushion.

lol fail..... How at all is that a positive for Hines? That may very well prove Hines could not get open. You are grasping at straws and it is becoming kinda sad actually.

lol fail..... How at all is that a positive for Hines? That may very well prove Hines could not get open. You are grasping at straws and it is becoming kinda sad actually.

?

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Pass Attempts in Marvins Career- 7,169

Pass Attempts in Hines Career, with a two year cushion-6,759

How does that translate to not getting open?

Im still waiting for the bashing proof by the way.