Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How bad are the Jets going to be?

Synthetic

I actually just feel bad for Todd Bowles... he's been sabotaged by his own front office. The Jets played pretty well in his first season but he's not really the one to blame for everything unraveling the way it has. They're going to be awful this year, and then they're going to clean house. Bowles has to konw that. 

2 hours ago, GoPats said:

I actually just feel bad for Todd Bowles... he's been sabotaged by his own front office. The Jets played pretty well in his first season but he's not really the one to blame for everything unraveling the way it has. They're going to be awful this year, and then they're going to clean house. Bowles has to konw that. 

Yep.  Hopefully he'll get another head coaching shot though.  

On 8/10/2017 at 1:41 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Suck for Darnold! Yeah that saying sucks, it doesn't rhyme!

lmao I'm glad my face isn't swollen up today from all my allergy problems, or I'd be hurting from laughing at that one! lmao

On 8/10/2017 at 8:28 AM, GoPats said:

Totally agree, he looked promising that first year when he got them to 10-6. They had a number of games where his defense looked spectacular. I believe this forum was also impressed by him a few years ago with the game he coached against the Colts. I don't follow the Jets enough to know anything about their organizational dysfunction. 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:14 AM, bababooey said:

The one thing they should be doing is trading Richardson for a pick, he's gonna be making a ton of money this year and will leave in FA anyway so get something now before you lose him for nothing.

You get a compensatory pick for a free agent leaving.

You don't really lose a good player through free agency and get nothing..

I'd trade him for a No 1 but do you think anyone would give them a No.1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

True, it's not like hockey. I'd take a next year 3. Save some cash on a bad season and also increase chances of number 1 pick.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:
On 8/10/2017 at 10:14 AM, bababooey said:

The one thing they should be doing is trading Richardson for a pick, he's gonna be making a ton of money this year and will leave in FA anyway so get something now before you lose him for nothing.

They have already reportedly tried to shop him and they wanted at least a 2 for him.  They got nothing because teams can go after him next year, and that key issue of being right on the line of a season suspension.  He has stayed out of trouble this off-season so far so that's good.

Five Thirty Eight is onto this now and wrote a pretty good article on the Jets horrible expectations. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-jets-are-bad-but-are-they-0-16-bad/

Taken together, the Jets’ top five remaining wideouts — Robby Anderson, Jalin Marshall, Charone Peake, Chris Harper and Frankie Hammond — average 1.4 years of NFL experience, 18.6 career receptions and 223.8 receiving yards.

The Jets have arguably the worst quarterback group in the NFL, an offensive line that lost its left tackle (Ryan Clady) and center (Nick Mangold) from last season’s 5-11 squad, and a pass defense that last year ranked 31st in Football Outsiders’ Defense-adjusted Value Over Average (DVOA). With games scheduled against teams from the stacked AFC West and NFC South divisions, it’s no wonder that people are saying the Jets are headed for an 0-16 season.

But a winless season takes more than a terrible roster; it also takes terrible luck.

The 2008 Detroit Lions are the only NFL team to go winless in the NFL’s 37 years of 16-game regular seasons.1 Last season’s Cleveland Browns came pretty close — making it to 0-14 before picking up their only win in dramatic fashion in Week 16. The 2008 Lions and 2016 Browns have something else in common: The numbers say their results were profoundly unfortunate.

Pro-Football-Reference.com’s “expected wins” calculation measures what a team’s record should have been based on how many points it scored and allowed. It’s a simple formula that essentially assumes that a team’s close wins and losses should balance out. And it turns out that assumption is mostly right:

Deviations between a team’s actual and expected records have a tendency to evaporate across seasons.

According to expected wins, the 2008 Lions should have had 2.8 wins and the 2016 Browns should have had 3.5. In fact, only 11 teams have finished a 16-game season with one or no wins — and those teams averaged 3.0 expected wins. In other words, teams that flirt with zero wins usually have the talent to win a few more games, but they also catch a lot of (bad) breaks, losing more often than could reasonably be expected from the way they played.

On 8/22/2017 at 2:46 PM, IinD said:

How great and loud will that 'BOO' be regardless of who they pick at #1?

I won't ever feel bad for the Jets.

That has happened before with the Jets. 

Can't get over the end of that video where they're chanting "We want Sapp!" That was before internet and yet the fans back then had it right over this team. 

34 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Can you explain?

Just saw the Jets lose to the Giants...bad but not embarrassing..

I've seen Buffalo in the pre-season.  They don't have a winning QB.

Just traded their most talented receiver.

Unless theyre going to bring back Jack Kemp and OJ...its going to be a long year.

National media goes on and on about the Jets because they're in NYC.

They don't talk about the Bills because they don't care about them.

Its kind of an expressway to the basement..but the Bills might beat them out

Edited by oldunclemark

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Just saw the Jets lose to the Giants...bad but not embarrassing..

I've seen Buffalo in the pre-season.  They don't have a winning QB.

Just traded their most talented receiver.

Unless theyre going to bring back Jack Kemp and OJ...its going to be a long year.

National media goes on and on about the Jets because they're in NYC.

They don't talk about the Bills because they don't care about them.

Its kind of an expressway to the basement..but the Bills might beat them out

Just because the jets play decent in the preseason and the bills play bad doesn't mean anything. It's the preseason. The Bills actually have a good dual threat QB in Tyrod Taylor and they've got LeSean McCoy. They had the #1 running offense last year. Unless the Bills new coach is a complete * they are definitely gonna win more games. Heck they were 1 game behind us last year playing a tougher schedule. They even beat the patriots and 6 of their 9 losses were to playoff teams.

1 minute ago, Luck 4 president said:

Just because the jets play decent in the preseason and the bills play bad doesn't mean anything. It's the preseason. The Bills actually have a good dual threat QB in Tyrod Taylor and they've got LeSean McCoy. They had the #1 running offense last year. Unless the Bills new coach is a complete * they are definitely gonna win more games. Heck they were 1 game behind us last year playing a tougher schedule. They even beat the patriots and 6 of their 9 losses were to playoff teams.

the key phrase there is 'last year'

and Tyrod isn't really good, is he?

I feel dirty discussing which New York state team will be worse

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

the key phrase there is 'last year'

and Tyrod isn't really good, is he?

I feel dirty discussing which New York state team will be worse

I think he is a really underrated QB.

62% completion 17/6 TD/int 

6 rushingTDs 580 yards rushing

Hes not a pocket passer but he is efficient and always a threat on the ground. He missed a few games but I think he was QB7 in points per game in fantasy last year.