2A

Indianapolis Ritter 28-6 Eastbrook

1A

Linton-Stockton 34-20 Pioneer

On 8/15/2017 at 5:54 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

Coaching Victories

Larry (Bud) Wright- Sheridan 53 401-189

Russ Radtke- New Prairie 41 339-132

Heard this year is supposed to be one of Bud's better teams.  Hard to believe when they have won the title by more than 40 in the past.... this one must be something special (or.... I missed part of the interview as in "best in the last 5 years or something, lol).

I miss coaching.  I had one of my players send me a FaceBook PM recently telling me how much I influenced him and how he wished that I was coaching his son and the team.  Makes it all worthwhile.

One time when I was the head JV coach and my brother was my assistant we were playing Sheridan at Sheridan.  Bud was running the chain gang.  

They had the ball and was struggling to move it much (we played all freshmen btw).... I heard my brother say "Bud... pull that chain tight"  I looked down and so did Bud and the chain had about a foot of slack in it, lol..... he just kind of pulled it taught and kept on..... but then looked at us both with a slight grin on his face.  It helps if you know what he looks like.  

It was so comical, we all kind of laughed out loud.  He knew both of us pretty well because he had to coach against us when we played plus we had been coaching for a few years by then.  We would have gone to school at Sheridan had we lived a mile East, so we knew most of the kids too.   

I want to say they ended up winning but I really can't remember.  They only beat us once during the time my bro and I were coaching, which was quite an accomplishment IMO.  On a different level, of course, than the Colts beating the Pats.... but the same type of thing.

True story and good times.... a toast ...... "to the sunny slopes of long ago"!

Been listening to the game between Warren and Center Grove.... what a good game so early in the season.

Warren took over for a bit but CG has turned it into a finger biting game with about 3 mins left.

Oooooh Warren just converted.... CG down 3 and WC gets a huge 1st down

4 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

For those interested, Jeff George has a son starting QB for Warren.  I just like good football and they have a really good tradition there at Warren.  So does CG and Ben Davis.

Love Friday night lights in Indiana

Watch part of the Ritter-Monrovia game before rage Tiger Game started

4 hours ago, BR-549 said:

One time when I was the head JV coach and my brother was my assistant we were playing Sheridan at Sheridan.  Bud was running the chain gang.  

They had the ball and was struggling to move it much (we played all freshmen btw).... I heard my brother say "Bud... pull that chain tight"  I looked down and so did Bud and the chain had about a foot of slack in it, lol..... he just kind of pulled it taught and kept on..... but then looked at us both with a slight grin on his face.  It helps if you know what he looks like.  

It was so comical, we all kind of laughed out loud.  He knew both of us pretty well because he had to coach against us when we played plus we had been coaching for a few years by then.  We would have gone to school at Sheridan had we lived a mile East, so we knew most of the kids too.   

I want to say they ended up winning but I really can't remember.  They only beat us once during the time my bro and I were coaching, which was quite an accomplishment IMO.  On a different level, of course, than the Colts beating the Pats.... but the same type of thing.

True story and good times.... a toast ...... "to the sunny slopes of long ago"!

Sounds like my time as a JV coach

20 hours ago, BR-549 said:

For those interested, Jeff George has a son starting QB for Warren.  I just like good football and they have a really good tradition there at Warren.  So does CG and Ben Davis.

Love Friday night lights in Indiana

I wanted to like Jeff George when he was the Vikes QB. He could rifle a ball downfield as well as anyone. But he was Cutler-like. He did not show leadership. I remember his fumbling a ball once and he did nothing to try to retrieve it. I lost it. haha I hope his son is better.

Pretty big upset last night to open the season here in Lafayette as Lafayette Jefferson Broncos (my alma mater) shuts out Multiple year state champ Central Catholic at Central Catholic, 54-0,something that just doesn't normally happen! Both teams do have first year coaches, so it should be an interesting year. My county High School where my Daughters are freshman, McCutcheon, got SMOKED by Lawrence, looked like a pro team vs high school kids, pretty uneven matchup in that conference.

On 8/19/2017 at 6:39 PM, NFLfan said:

I wanted to like Jeff George when he was the Vikes QB. He could rifle a ball downfield as well as anyone. But he was Cutler-like. He did not show leadership. I remember his fumbling a ball once and he did nothing to try to retrieve it. I lost it. haha I hope his son is better.

Sorry I just saw this.  We had a triple dual wrestling meet at Warren every year and Jeff was there a few times, he is a nice guy which is the only reason I somewhat root for him or his kids.  

On the other hand, we were both at Purdue as freshmen in 86 and he was the QB of course.  He got hurt and his mom ended up down on the field which was a big letdown for me.  Then he transferred to Illinois soon after so I lost interest and respect really.  Then the Colts drafted him which gave me high hopes (and rekindled my spirit for him), but like you said he just didn't have what it takes other than his rocket arm...  Cutler is a pretty good comparison- same mold.

On 8/19/2017 at 10:35 PM, GOZER said:

Pretty big upset last night to open the season here in Lafayette as Lafayette Jefferson Broncos (my alma mater) shuts out Multiple year state champ Central Catholic at Central Catholic, 54-0,something that just doesn't normally happen! Both teams do have first year coaches, so it should be an interesting year. My county High School where my Daughters are freshman, McCutcheon, got SMOKED by Lawrence, looked like a pro team vs high school kids, pretty uneven matchup in that conference.

I saw that.  CC is down evidently.  

On 8/24/2017 at 5:39 AM, BR-549 said:

Sorry I just saw this.  We had a triple dual wrestling meet at Warren every year and Jeff was there a few times, he is a nice guy which is the only reason I somewhat root for him or his kids.  

On the other hand, we were both at Purdue as freshmen in 86 and he was the QB of course.  He got hurt and his mom ended up down on the field which was a big letdown for me.  Then he transferred to Illinois soon after so I lost interest and respect really.  Then the Colts drafted him which gave me high hopes (and rekindled my spirit for him), but like you said he just didn't have what it takes other than his rocket arm...  Cutler is a pretty good comparison- same mold.

I am interested to see how Kevin O'Shea does at North Central