Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack the next Jordan Howard?

So last year, I was smart (lucky) enough to pick up Jordan Howard in FA for my fantasy team after I lost AP for the year, and it worked out very well for me.  :thmup:

Is Marlon Mack the next undrafted rookie fantasy hero?  For the Colts' sake, I don't want Gore or Turbin to get hurt or slow down, but I think if Mack gets an opportunity to get significant touches each game, he could put up some serious fantasy numbers.  Especially in PPR leagues, since he will likely be catching passes from Luck out of the backfield.  I can see him getting 100+ yds from scrimmage in rushing and receiving, maybe a TD, if he's given 15-20 touches a game.

Personally, Mack isn't worth drafting and wasting a bench spot waiting for Gore or Turbin to go down, but I will be keeping an eye on our backfield just in case it looks like Mack might be a good FA pickup.

:clover:

• 3 weeks later...

If late in the draft he's still on the board I might consider grabbing him just to kind of see how much he's used.  

But Frank Gore has been pretty durable over the years.  Of course anything can happen but I'm not sure I would bank on Gore getting injured.  

However Gore slowing down to the point where he's no longer effective.  That could happen.