Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Teams That Will Definitely Not Make it into the 2017 Playoffs | DDFP | NFL Network

AKB

So many "experts" judging the Colts by last year, NOBODY acknowledges the improvements that, (on paper at least) that have been made. True, other teams have improved within the Division but I for one hope the Colts can prove them wrong. And yes, that trombone was annoying!

It's just ridiculous the amount of hate the colts receive. I feel as if you don't sign overpriced free agents; every single pundit in the nation will condemn your season before it even begins. Their opinion isn't crucial, it's just irritating that any news I hear about the AFC south has the colts crashing. 

Just makes it that much sweeter when the colts prove them wrong! Know one knows the colts like their fans. Media doesn't know anything about them because I  am convinced they never cover them unless it's prime time. These so called experts have their favorites. No way they cannot have loyalty to former teams or markets. Refuse to watch any because would rather hear opinions from fans that have way more invested in love for their team than any pundit!

I don't feel like watching the video but we really don't need to be offended every time someone predicts us to miss the playoffs. Six AFC teams will make it and we haven't the last two years. It's not unreasonable to think the Titans take the division and to get in as a wild card we've got to be better than some combination of Chiefs/Raiders, Texans, Steelers/Ravens, and the Dolphins. I do think we'll make it as long as Luck is healthy, which is also not a given. We aren't being criminally disrespected here. 

7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Idk why everyone would be so mad if we miss the playoffs I'm happy if we make it or not it's a win win for us we make the playoffs we did good we miss the playoffs and Ballard gets another top pick next year and he worked wonders this year lol 

I heavily disagree. There's nothing worse than when I go into work knowing my co-workers favorite teams get to enjoy another week or more of football while MY team is languishing on couches.

There's also the issue of experience. Entering a playoff game is a valuable learning opportunity for younger players, and makes them hungry for more, not to mention it's an extra game of film to build from, or for a coach to inspire his teammates in future seasons.

Also, the Patriots sometimes make their draft classes work in the 2nd-3rd rounds, and the price of a 1st round pick gets cheaper the deeper in the draft we go, so I challenge Ballard to make it work, because if he does, we save money.

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

I heavily disagree. There's nothing worse than when I go into work knowing my co-workers favorite teams get to enjoy another week or more of football while MY team is languishing on couches.

There's also the issue of experience. Entering a playoff game is a valuable learning opportunity for younger players, and makes them hungry for more, not to mention it's an extra game of film to build from, or for a coach to inspire his teammates in future seasons.

Also, the Patriots sometimes make their draft classes work in the 2nd-3rd rounds, and the price of a 1st round pick gets cheaper the deeper in the draft we go, so I challenge Ballard to make it work, because if he does, we save money.

I think missing the Playoffs sucks!

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

The void of elite talent on the team is not good tho it's easier to get great players early on then hope for the best later plus another positive to missing the playoffs would be chuck would be gone lol 

The NFL's AFC South sweethearts, the Texans, are usually picked to win the division but you have to look at the injuries on the Colts.  We were 8-8 with Luck in and out the year before last and last year, with him in but playing injured.  Improvements have been made on defense and on the offensive line.  I think we've had a good draft and that Ballard was smart in FA this year.  He didn't overpay and he signed younger players instead of those hoping to relive the Glory Days of their previous team.   At this point, it's up to the coaches.