Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Young, Dilfer, Jaws Project Luck In The Nfl

Hit the nail on the head really.

Luck is the best prospect since Peyton, but still only a 'prospect'. That is important to remember, I think. You can understand all the massive talk and expectations surrounding Luck, as he does everything so unbelievably well, but I've never heard so many great expectations for a college kid before. It's a bit unfair (if you can call it that) for a 22 year old guy who has never played a snap in the NFL. He IS the best prospect in the draft though!

I like that they mentioned that a lot will depend on his surrounding cast. It is very difficult for rookie QBs o adjust to the game, and even more so wehn you are on a bad team. I think that Sam Bradford has shown that he can be a good QB, but it's obvious that he does not have enough talent around him. I hope that will not be the case with Luck and the Colts, if the Colts draft him.

I like that they mentioned that a lot will depend on his surrounding cast. It is very difficult for rookie QBs o adjust to the game, and even more so wehn you are on a bad team. I think that Sam Bradford has shown that he can be a good QB, but it's obvious that he does not have enough talent around him. I hope that will not be the case with Luck and the Colts, if the Colts draft him.

Me too.

I am hoping the Colts have enough $$$ to spend on some quality FAs, and stay below the cap.

No one can "project", it's only guessing. I sure hope he does well for us when he eventually gets off the bench.

Every business in the world projects. Whether it's budgets, income, what the market will be like, etc...They aren't guessing, they are using numbers, experiences, patterns, etc...in order to project or predict what the coming year will be like. EVERYBODY does this. Guessing is when you don't have a clue about something.