Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Else Like Michael Egnew, Te, Missouri?

http://www.cbssports...4/michael-egnew

He is a perfect round 4 or round 5 TE that could replace Tamme and have more upside, IMO.

Well, if you've seen any of my mock drafts over the past month or so, you'll notice that I've always had a spot open for him in the 5th round!

I like him because he is big and athletic with a lot of potential. He's 6'5"- 6'6" and 245-251 lbs. He was an All-American his junior year at Missouri, but his production dropped off some last year, probably because of a new quarterback and their offense relying on him less. Egnew was more of a receiving TE in college, but he has pretty good size so maybe he can develop into a solid blocker. He can be a quality backup behind Dallas Clark with Jacob Tamme and Brody Eldridge next year.

Really not a good blocker at all, very much a receiving tight end. Doesn't seem to know where to go on blocking, footwork is poor, seems indecisive. Would need huge coaching from that aspect.

Receiving wise, it's impressive; he's got pretty safe hands, good over the middle. Pretty athletic guy, could be a good choice in Rd. 4 or 5 - as would Ladarius Green from Louisiana-Lafayette.

I'd love to have Coby Fleener on the roster but I don't think we'll end up with him. Decent options late in the draft, including Brian Linthicum too.