Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian Contradicts Lombardi's Analysis

WeSpy

The sooner March 8th comes the better. I can't wait to stop hearing about this crap. Although, I'm guessing the option date will be moved back to just before or just after the first preseason game. If that happens, I am boycotting all media outlets until then.

I hope we get some resolution before March 8, although I find that unlikely.

I also find it will be unlikely that the exercise date of that option bonus will be pushed back, for exactly the opposite reasons why a decision will not be pushed forward from March 8.

Its important to keep in mind too that Polian's analysis came in December, and it is to this analysis that he is referring to in his most recent comments. So as another poster implied, there is probably an ebb and flow to Peyton's progress. Some good days, some bad days. Whether there is more good days or more bad days is the question.

See what you gotta realize bro is that people seem to think the postive ones aren't anymore crediable than the negative ones. But as I stated before people don't understand the difference between "Sources" and "Crediable Sources". Polian and Adam V. are crediable sources, Lombardi and Kravitz are not based on their own sources of the info.

So the guy who was run out of town with his useless son is a creditable source? Give me a break. I'd trust Polian as far as I could throw Vince Wilfork.

I am not sure why anyone would think that Polian would be lieing about what he saw. I know he has nothing but love for Peyton, but I think he is just relaying what he saw of Peyton before he left. If he didnt think Peyton was throwing good all he had to say is he looked like he was improving and left it at that. Too many people have this idea of Manning in a wheel chair, on the verge of life support. He has been under the supervision of some of the greatest doctors in the world i am sure, he is going to be back. Maybe not 100%, but Id still take a 90% Peyton.

I am not sure why anyone would think that Polian would be lieing about what he saw. I know he has nothing but love for Peyton, but I think he is just relaying what he saw of Peyton before he left. If he didnt think Peyton was throwing good all he had to say is he looked like he was improving and left it at that. Too many people have this idea of Manning in a wheel chair, on the verge of life support. He has been under the supervision of some of the greatest doctors in the world i am sure, he is going to be back. Maybe not 100%, but Id still take a 90% Peyton.

Maybe some people think Polian may be exaggerating the truth is because he has a radio program that needs to build up his listeners in a particular area?

It is good that you love Peyton and hope the best for his rehab progress, and you are sure that he is going to be back. But ultimately, that will be decided by Irsay. We should not believe much of any reports until we hear from Peyton and Irsay directly.

Maybe some people think Polian may be exaggerating the truth is because he has a radio program that needs to build up his listeners in a particular area?

It is good that you love Peyton and hope the best for his rehab progress, and you are sure that he is going to be back. But ultimately, that will be decided by Irsay. We should not believe much of any reports until we hear from Peyton and Irsay directly.

Lol look, regardless of his "agenda" he is repeating the same information he said when he was with the Colts organization, which im pretty sure back then he didn't have an "agenda".

A part of me thinks that he is on Manning's side and maybe is still getting over the firing and may have some anger or resentment towards Irsay. I know in the media eye they left off on good terms but from what Manning said after the firing, it sounded like Manning wasn't too happy with it.

I agree..

I think again here we have someone (Polian) who did not say he has SEEN Manning throw lately and is commenting because he was asked..

Obviously he is rooting for a comeback...

I was fooled. I thought there wee hard feelings between Polian and Manning and obviously there are not..

Its important to keep in mind too that Polian's analysis came in December, and it is to this analysis that he is referring to in his most recent comments. So as another poster implied, there is probably an ebb and flow to Peyton's progress. Some good days, some bad days. Whether there is more good days or more bad days is the question.

Yes edd & flow but I have had surgeries & rehabbed Peyton is now almost 1 1/2 months past the date Pollan saw him throw. You DON'T regress that much! With Pollan's comment it is clear to me Peyton's going to play & I hope its for the Colts.

If you listen to Lombardi and what he said its much different that the written words. Lombardi basically said Peyton is having troubles with some throws and he did not say he CANT do it. A big difference. Hearing Lombardi in that interview it came off much differently. Here is the interview:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d826d1d65/Manning-s-progress

Really, I thought Jim Irsay really cared about my opinion. Man, this is goign to bum me out the rest of the day.

Your right, we shouldnt believe much of any reports until we hear from Peyton and Irsay.

So, I guess they should just shut down the forum and not let any of us post our thoughts and opinions anymore. lol.

If you listen to Lombardi and what he said its much different that the written words. Lombardi basically said Peyton is having troubles with some throws and he did not say he CANT do it. A big difference. Hearing Lombardi in that interview it came off much differently. Here is the interview:

http://www.nfl.com/v...ning-s-progress

True, but the written words were from a different interview. The quotes came from an interview he did with Bill Simmons.

True, but the written words were from a different interview. The quotes came from an interview he did with Bill Simmons.

Bill Simmons is also a huge Patriots fan. In UndecidedFrog fashion, I'll say he must have some sort of "anti-Colts/hidden agenda to promote something" reasoning for conducting the interview!

Clearly?

Why because you don't like what the media is reporting? Unless you have a lot more insider information on this than any of us do, and if you do please share, where you have seen him throw I don't think you can say clearly the media is making this up. Also you are doing this based on something Polian said. While I'll admit he's been a lot closer to this situation than anyone else in the media he has also been on the record this off-season of saying he doesn't know if the Colts will keep Peyton Manning or if he'll be healthy enough to play football again. Also this was the same guy up till a month ago fans hated because he never told truth. Now that he's saying what fans want to hear (myself included) he's being treated like his word is the gospel truth.

Look I hope Polian is right and Peyton does come back and plays at very high level and I hope he does it for us. However, I am not just going to dismiss the rest of the media on this because Polian is telling me what I want to hear.

Also saying Peyton is throwing better in December than he was in September isn't saying much. I'd hope he is throwing better after surgery or why on earth would he have had the surgery? I am glad we got some good news about Peyton but again just because it's what we want to hear doesn't mean it's a clear sign that everyone is lying.

We aren't really going to know how healthy Peyton is or isn't till we see him play or till he retires.

At this point, Polian is media also.

Everyone is reporting conflicting information right now. Something's got to be off. And this wouldn't be the first time they made stuff up about this subject.

Yes edd & flow but I have had surgeries & rehabbed Peyton is now almost 1 1/2 months past the date Pollan saw him throw. You DON'T regress that much! With Pollan's comment it is clear to me Peyton's going to play & I hope its for the Colts.

i'm hoping he does come back and play. But also remember that Polian is also a consumate politician as well. He will say what people want to hear. Not saying he's wrong, but its likely that he was somewhat exaggerating his assessment of Peyton in December. It's not like he'd say, "Yeah, he's really struggling."

I agree..

I think again here we have someone (Polian) who did not say he has SEEN Manning throw lately and is commenting because he was asked..

Obviously he is rooting for a comeback...

I was fooled. I thought there wee hard feelings between Polian and Manning and obviously there are not..

exactly I think Polian and Manning have a very good relationship and Polian is sticking up for his guy.

indy1888...true...here is the Bill Simmons pod cast:

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=7557921

After listening to that too they pulled those words out of context...it more like 2 guys in bar and 1 keeps talking about all the other teams Peyton could go to and the other person basically said he needs to be able to play at a high level first. I just did not get from both of these interviews Lombardi saying Peyton CANT do it.

Oh and Bill's quote about RG3 being "equal" to Luck is laughable....

This dude has jumped into the media "BSpool" hook line and sinker.

Yep.

He is a talking head now. What he always hated.

It's amazing how many ex Colt figures we have now. Dungy was first. Now Polian.

One thing I do love though is how so many think that if you have a negative view on Peyton's future you MUST be listening to the media. Well, I don't really. Most of it is my gut and common sense too.

Listening to Polian or Dungy IS the media these days too.

Then you didn't hear the interview. He was extremely respectful and backed the idea that if Manning is healthy, he will be a Colt. If he's not, he has no doubt they will come to a mutual agreement. From what I heard from him is there is no sides, they are unified as Colts and both care about the city, franchise, and to each other.

What are you talking about??

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

Polian: Oh that darn Irsay! How dare he fire me! I'll show him not to mess with the polians!

*Few weeks later*

Polian: Yeah i'd say Manning is rehabbing well, throwing the ball well. Im sure he will return as good as ever.

Polian: MUUAHAHAHAHA I bet Irsay never saw that one coming.

Seriously? THATS what you believe? Instead of the more likely of Polian watching Manning throw and stating his opinions?? Thanks for the laugh though.

My point being is Polian thinks Manning looks great, Manning has no throwing issue. Kravitz thinks Manning has a noodle arm. Irsay said Manning is not healthy and has not been cleared. Take it as how you want but it sounds like there are two sides to me. One side of the media thinks Manning is improving and healthy, the other side thinks Manning has issues with arm strength.

So then why do you only get all over the positive spinsters and not the negative ones?

Im not getting on anybody. I have just seen so many here go on a media hate tirade over the last couple of weeks and then as soon as a positive report comes out from Polian(who is no longer associated with the Colts and is a member of the media now) those same people buy what he's saying hook, line,and sinker. The bottom line is, that there are some people here being way more objective than the one's that want Peyton here at all costs without regards to what that may actually do to the team financially. I have said before that if Peyton is absolutely 100% healthy and has no underlying effects from the nerve problems, then of course, I want him here, but if that can't be proven to Irsay, then I'll except that Irsay will more than likely cut ties with Manning and move forward. I want whats best for the Colts franchise and if that don't include Peyton Manning, then I have no problem with that and look forward to a new beginning.