Andrew Luck to be placed on PUP List

TKnight24

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Clayton Geathers for the entire season...

That may eventually be the case but that is not true right now.  Ballard just said he will be on PUP into the season which means he will miss the first 6 games.  

Wish Morris was the backup behind Luck so we got a better look at him against better competition. Hard to know for sure how good he really is when he generally will only play against 3rd or 4th stringers this preseason who won't even be on an NFL roster. Feel like he has a higher ceiling than Tolzien. Since Luck won't be available this preseason would be perfect for him to be playing with the starters and get a bit of an idea of what he can do. Not that it will happen (barring an injury to Tolzien).

18 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I thought I read that by Keefer I think he deleted and switched it to just first six games

After the first 6 weeks, I think they can actually be out another 2 or 3 until the team has to decide whether to IR them or not. 

I'm not counting on him this season.  It would be nice, but I kind of doubt it.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

After the first 6 weeks, I think they can actually be out another 2 or 3 until the team has to decide whether to IR them or not. 

I'm not counting on him this season.  It would be nice, but I kind of doubt it.

Plot Twist: Geathers returns & leads us to the Super Bowl the same way Bob Sanders did ^_^

6 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

Wish Morris was the backup behind Luck so we got a better look at him against better competition. Hard to know for sure how good he really is when he generally will only play against 3rd or 4th stringers this preseason who won't even be on an NFL roster. Feel like he has a higher ceiling than Tolzien. Since Luck won't be available this preseason would be perfect for him to be playing with the starters and get a bit of an idea of what he can do. Not that it will happen (barring an injury to Tolzien).

The position is Morris' to win. Luck is out all preseason. Perfect opportunity to see him play vs at least 2nd stringers. 

7 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The position is Morris' to win. Luck is out all preseason. Perfect opportunity to see him play vs at least 2nd stringers. 

Luck could come back any time during the preseason.  They may want to give him some game action.  But they'll more than likely be very cautious. 

TK - Thanks for all of the updates!

Just now, Smonroe said:

Luck could come back any time during the preseason.  They may want to give him some game action.  But they'll more than likely be very cautious. 

TK - Thanks for all of the updates!

Yes, I suppose you're right about any time Andrew maybe back. But I'm sure with the way Ballard has talked about training camp battle Morris is taking this as an opportunity as he should am I right?

5 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Yes, I suppose you're right about any time Andrew maybe back. But I'm sure with the way Ballard has talked about training camp battle Morris is taking this as an opportunity as he should am I right?

I'm rooting for Morris.  He has better mobility than Tolzien, and at least as good an arm.  They say the kid from Temple has a gun, so I'm looking forward to seeing him too.

I think Luck can get the timing down with the receivers in practice.  He really doesn't need to play in those meaningless games.  But I do like that they're making practices more physical now.

Luck is throwing so he's moving in the right direction I think he will be ready Geathers isn't surprising unfortunately. 

Langford is the bad news. We have struggled  to find a pass rush. Our best pass rushing Dlineman out is not good. 

29 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

The height of the "ceiling" is only important when you're evaluating players who can be projected to start or play significant snaps in the future. That theory works just fine when you're talking about positions with lots of interchangeable parts (CB, RB, LB, etc), but not at QB. With Luck the likely starter for the next decade, you just need a "competent" QB who can step in for a few plays, or a game or two, and run the same offense that Luck runs.  

21 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Question. . . Why put Luck on the PUP list.  

He can throw.  During practice he wears a red jersey.  So you can't hit him.  And he has no problems with his mobility.

Is it just so he can devote him time to regaining strength??

Yes, strength and weight 

45 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Question. . . Why put Luck on the PUP list.  

He can throw.  During practice he wears a red jersey.  So you can't hit him.  And he has no problems with his mobility.

Is it just so he can devote him time to regaining strength??

My guess is that even with the red jersey that they are practicing at full speed and he would be throwing normal passes at normal speed and distances.

I would think that his throwing program at the moment is likely throwing very short distances and not with a lot of heat so to speak...

Not an expert, just my thoughts on your question.  Hope it makes sense

17 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

My guess is that even with the red jersey that they are practicing at full speed and he would be throwing normal passes at normal speed and distances.

I would think that his throwing program at the moment is likely throwing very short distances and not with a lot of heat so to speak...

Not an expert, just my thoughts on your question.  Hope it makes sense

That was my initial (non-professional) thought as well.  This may be just as much to protect Andrew from himself.  Don't let him overextend himself by thinking he has the strength to throw the long ball, thus possibly aggravating something.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

That was my initial (non-professional) thought as well.  This may be just as much to protect Andrew from himself.  Don't let him overextend himself by thinking he has the strength to throw the long ball, thus possibly aggravating something.

Yeah they have been saying six week physical therapy as far as throwing goes.  So if he started last week we should be in good shape for opening day, provided he progresses as expected.

I am really happy to hear that he is throwing... just feels like a big relief.

As far as Geathers goes I think we all knew deep down that he wasn't coming back anytime soon... if at all (I sure hope he does).  We also know that if they say 4-6 weeks that it usually ends up double.

Also happy to hear that Hooker is going to start camp on time.  He needs all the reps he can get.