Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you get stuck with the first pick....

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Bell over johnson.. but I am different i'll take Rodgers

The top 10 QBs in the league were only separated by around 15 - 20 points for the whole year.

You take a QB the first pick and don't go with a top RB you start off behind.

By the time your next pick comes around there will be no top RBs available.

I have been playing fantasy football a very long time and very rarely does anyone who takes a QB first wins the league championship.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The top 10 QBs in the league were only separated by around 15 - 20 points for the whole year.

You take a QB the first pick and don't go with a top RB you start off behind.

By the time your next pick comes around there will be no top RBs available.

I have been playing fantasy football a very long time and very rarely does anyone who takes a QB first wins the league championship.

But really I get scared after the top 3 RB's are chosen. The rest change so much I have no idea who will break out. It all just depends on who you're playing with, and how they draft really lol.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

But really I get scared after the top 3 RB's are chosen. The rest change so much I have no idea who will break out. It all just depends on who you're playing with, and how they draft really lol.

If the top 3 RBs are off the board if it were me I would take the best WR.

But it also depends on how many teams are in the league.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/draft/david-johnson-rb-leveon-bell.php

4 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Coming from a fantasy Nerd, the answer is 95% David Johnson. Bell is injury prone, and Zeke is facing possible suspension. Johnson is the safest to play every week and put up top tier numbers consistently.

This one agrees with you albeit 74% to 26% :) 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

In the first round?

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

amen. my buddys like to snag QBs first it seems.. I'm not getting left with Eli Manning again lol

I used to do that with Peyton.  Won multiple SBs doing it, too.  One year, I selected him #1 overall, and everyone called me crazy, but I won the SB with Manning that year.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I used to do that with Peyton.  Won multiple SBs doing it, too.  One year, I selected him #1 overall, and everyone called me crazy, but I won the SB with Manning that year.

People want to call me crazy.. I've won the past two years because of QB play. Actually in 2015 I picked Jammal Charles first everyone was calling it such a great pick.. ACL after what 4 weeks. It was Cam Newton that brought me to victory. Last year Aaron Rodgers destroyed. It really just matters how the other guys in the draft room draft. 

Also with the "new" RB back committee.. there's like 4 sure fire guys.. the rest are totally random, am I right? Johnson, Bell, Elliott....McCoy? Who else you gonna trust with your first pick, Todd 2 yard gurly? Melvin wth are the Chargers gonna do Gordon? Patriots will wheel out 16 different RB's the whole year. I guess Freeman. But Coleman is such an * to him lol.. I just don't know