Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Offseason Reading Series #12: My case for Peyton Manning as the greatest quarterback of all time

21isSuperman

3 hours ago, IcyRhythms said:

Some have the mentality that post season play is all that matters. When you evaluate a QB, I think you have to look at EVERYTHING they've done. If post season play is what these discussions really come down to, you're basically telling me guys like Trent Dilfer are just as good as Favre, Young, and Brees. You're also telling me Trent Dilfer is quite a bit better than someone like Dan Marino and half as good as John Elway. If those things are the ultimate deciding factor for you, you think pretty highly of a guy like Trent Dilfer.

Peyton has a ridiculous amount of records as a Colt and as an NFL QB in general. A lot of the ones a QB would want for bragging rights, Peyton owns them

Peyton is the ONLY five time MVP. That means that the people voting feel that he is without doubt the most valuable player of all time. Favre is second with 3 MVP's, but who cares about that when he and Trent Dilfer have the same amount of rings. They're on the same level. Am I right? 

Peyton is the only starting QB in history to win a SB with two different teams

Peyton is the only QB in history to lead 4 different head coaches to a Superbowl(I know many will try and argue he was carried on the last SB win by the Denver defense. Once you do that, though, you really only help my argument that Brady just isn't on Peyton's level. Imagine what would have been possible with a defense like that in Indi...think about it)

Peyton is the only QB in history with a combined win history during season-post season of 102 when his defense was ranked 16th or worse.(Tom Brady has only 20-25ish)

I also can't get behind the Brady bunch with all of the cheating. People don't say the same thing about you for 10-15yrs if there isn't some truth to it. Don't give me any of that hatorade nonsense. People may have been salty about the Pats winning in the early 2000's because their teams just couldn't get it done(myself included), but once the nonstop cheating stuff came out, any respect I could give the Pats went out the window. They'll always have one of these next next to those SB wins * 

That being said, SB wins never really meant that much to me when deciding who the best is. Marino and Favre were my favorite before Manning came along. One of them has one, and the other no rings. If you were to ask me who I'd take in their prime trying to build a super team...I'd take Peyton 1A and Marino 1B

Tom Brady can win 5 more rings. It won't change my mind. *shrugs*

See my Post above on the last page, you have to factor in everything like Stats and League MVP's as well. 21Superman even went into Great detail in breaking down a lot statistically. I just listed TD's and Yardage. I am not even here to argue Peyton is #1. I am totally fine if someone puts Brady #1 because I get winning SB's is huge and he has the most. I am just making a strong case for Peyton being in the Top 3 because some people don't believe he is. I think he is without debate, see my Post above on the other page and read some of 21Superman's statistical breakdowns.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic