Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

.jim Irsay Has Reportedly Seen Peyton Manning Throw And Is 'pleased'

Restored

Jim Irsay "pleased" Peyton is throwing ducks?

Com'on man.

Exactly. While any conclusions are rather foolish to draw at this point, someone is just reaching for any reason to see Peyton gone if they think that is what Irsay was pleased about. The full conversation connects the dots pretty simply. Jim and Peyton are good friends as well. I doubt he's itching to cut Manning, or SO excited to start Luck immediately that he NEEDS an excuse to cut PM.

Or at least you hope so, right? I mean...anyone tries to read into a positive report, and they need to be set straight.

It's only the negative reports that are shooting it to us on the level.

:flaming: !

There is no full quote coming from Irsay in that article. All that was quoted was "pleased". Anyone can quote mine.

I will continue to agree that if reports do not have full quotes from the players involved in this drama, they could indeed be false reports, positive or negative.

:flaming:

this whole post is not accurate. It's been recently reported by Michael lombardi that peyton has no velocity at all on his passes and CANNOT throw to his left.

He can't as he can't feel it, like a foot being asleep constantly.

Time to move on from Peyton Manning.

this whole post is not accurate. It's been recently reported by Michael lombardi that peyton has no velocity at all on his passes and CANNOT throw to his left.

He can't as he can't feel it, like a foot being asleep constantly.

Time to move on from Peyton Manning.

The Lombardi report is another report that does not contain confirmatory quotes from either Irsay or PM.

Hence, it could be false as well.

I can resolve this:

1. Irsay already said Peyton will stay if he is healthy and wants to.

2. Peyton already said he is rehabbing fine and making satisfactory progress.

3. Most importantly, neither man is a liar; they do what they say.

Know them by their deeds.

Well I can save you the time I have never been a Kravitz fan and never will be. He's a klutz in my book that has always talked out of both sides of his mouth. When I saw that Peyton had talked to him I knew there was trouble brewing and maybe it was done on purpose by Peyton to catch that snake once and for all. JMO of course.

Oh no don't get me wrong that's why I was trying to be careful to not take a run at you. I just remember being dragged over the cools for hating on Kravitz a few weeks ago when people were in bash Polian mode and now a few weeks later people (more than just you your post just struck a cord with me in a good way) are saying exactly what I was saying about Kravitz three weeks ago. I find it funny.

Exactly. While any conclusions are rather foolish to draw at this point, someone is just reaching for any reason to see Peyton gone if they think that is what Irsay was pleased about. The full conversation connects the dots pretty simply. Jim and Peyton are good friends as well. I doubt he's itching to cut Manning, or SO excited to start Luck immediately that he NEEDS an excuse to cut PM.

I don't read to much into the positive speculation either but yeah if people are going to read into it use some logic and history. These guys are friends, Irsay is not going to be practically heart broken if Peyton can't play ( for anyone even ) and has to retire.

Pleased, is that kinda like when Mr.Burns says "excellent"? Or maybe it's when Darth Vader gives the Emporer the report on the progress of the Death Star to which he replies he's pleased.

I had a similar image in my head too , lol.

On NFL Live today, Mortensen reported that Manning's arm stength and throwing had improved a lot over the last month. He added that if it continues to improve as much over the next month, Manning should be very pleased with his progress. He disputed the "noodle" comments.

Former Colts president Bill Polian disputes this week's reports that Peyton Manning doesn't current possess NFL-caliber arm strength.

Polian labeled the reports "untrue," adding that Manning showed "quick release, good zip, but it was capped at about 25 yards" in a New Year's Even throwing session. Polian insists Manning has been showing progress and that "his range of motion between his right arm and his left arm are almost the same at this point."

On NFL Live today, Mortensen reported that Manning's arm stength and throwing had improved a lot over the last month. He added that if it continues to improve as much over the next month, Manning should be very pleased with his progress. He disputed the "noodle" comments.

Mortensen was also the one to break the Peyton being cleared to play story too. Added to what another poster stated from Bill Polian and Im leaning towards Peyton being better than "noodle" arm.

Also, I'm noticing that the media is slowly kinda turning on towards the idea that Peyton could remain a Colt.