Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

.jim Irsay Has Reportedly Seen Peyton Manning Throw And Is 'pleased'

Restored

We keep getting 'pleasure' and 'noodles'..

but its all second hand...I wish we could hear directly from someone who has seen Manning throw.

/////and then Irsay has to know that Peyton isnt Bob Sanders..a great player who he paid not to play for 4 years.

I think that any hopes we had for a quick announcement are gone...

..everybody's waiting on Manning's arm...

What, Schefter and Kravitz weren't invited to this trowing display? Why wasn't I? Is it on Youtube? Just more he said he said.

I think Kravitz will be lucky got get anything from the Colts anymore. He's a jerk always has been. Just need to wait and see what happens is all we can do.

Well I for one don't listen to anything Kravitz says anymore. So I am hoping for a good review by Irsay.

..and its probably not how Manning is throwing now...

Its 'is he improving'....?

Irsay has to be convinced that Manning will be close to 100% in 6 months...not next month

One thing: If Irsay is taking time watching Manning throw..that suggests he doesnt want to cut him.......right?

I think Kravitz will be lucky got get anything from the Colts anymore. He's a jerk always has been. Just need to wait and see what happens is all we can do.

Pretty much. I didn't mean to really add fuel to the fire of whats been going on here as of recent but honestly, I do trust Dave as a reliable source. I have had the chance to meet him and have some good discussions about sports reporting and we see eye to eye on a lot of things such as media accountablity and its lack in todays world. We'll see.

http://www.stampedeb...-and-is-pleased

Hmm, interesting news that seems to conflict with reports from Kravitz and others.

Dave Furst is pretty reliable from what I've seen as well. Good local reporter.

Actually, the report made specific mention that the quoted word from Irsay "pleased" has not been connected with Peyton throwing.

Talk about random quote mining.

Also of interest is that they are actively discussing moving the March 8th date. It's looking like a lot of media may have egg on their faces. I've been thinking for a while that Irsay and Manning have been playing games with Kravitz and national media just to make them look stupid when he is wearing speed blue and white next season and Luck is holding a clipboard (or Manning is retired and Luck is playing). Point is, if Manning plays, I really believe he will be a Colt next year.

Actually, the report made specific mention that the quoted word from Irsay "pleased" has not been connected with Peyton throwing.

Ehhh, it is all ambiguous and will continue to be until something concrete is announced. If Irsay didn't see something he liked he wouldn't have said pleased. There is no negative way to spin pleased and openly discussing moving the date unless you are BBS.

Another case of....If the news is good, then the reporter is a good guy that we can believe and his reporting must be true and accurate.....

I suppose it helps offset those reporters that only report bad news and have a negative agenda they are following and can't be trusted.

Ehhh, it is all ambiguous and will continue to be until something concrete is announced. If Irsay didn't see something he liked he wouldn't have said pleased. There is no negative way to spin pleased and openly discussing moving the date unless you are BBS.

Irsay may have been "pleased" to see Peyton.

Irsay may have been "pleased" to see Peyton lift some weights.

Irsay may have been "pleased" to see Peyton do jumping jacks.

Irsay may have been "pleased" to see Peyton jog up the field.

Irsay may have been "pleased" to see Peyton stretch.

etc.

No. It says he saw him workout and then BBS asked to clarify what the workout entailed and that was throwing.

Keep in mind that the original tweet from Furst was 2/1/12. That's eight days ago, obviously. What is odd to me is, isn't Furst a local TV guy? A local sports reporter? So how did this not get any mention before eight days later? Does Furst run the local Indy ABC sports? And didn't spend all 6 minutes of his air time on this on 2/1?

https://twitter.com/DaveFurst?tw_i=164792111286325250&tw_e=screenname&tw_p=tweetembed

Another case of....If the news is good, then the reporter is a good guy that we can believe and his reporting must be true and accurate.....

I suppose it helps offset those reporters that only report bad news and have a negative agenda they are following and can't be trusted.

No. Furst has actually reported "Bad" news before but it also has been fairly accurate in its timing. just saying folks.

No. It says he saw him workout and then BBS asked to clarify what the workout entailed and that was throwing.

You are mistaken. Here is a direct quote from the article.

Now, my initial skepticism of Furst's tweet was in regards to the word 'workout.' A 'workout' is very different than 'throwing.' Peyton can run, do jump jacks, and all that sort of stuff now that his neck is stable. The issue is his arm.

Again, I still see no direction connection between Irsay seeing Peyton 'throw' and him being 'pleased' with the throws, and even in that there could be some subjective speculation. Peyton might be throwing ducks out there, and that might 'please' Irsay because it makes the seemingly inevitable decision of cutting Peyton that much more obvious.

I've reached out to Dave and asked for further confirmation.

All of us want to see Peyton back and playing at a high level in 2012. However, seemingly conflicting stories like the Kravitz and Furst reports are going to be common until we see Peyton throw in a real game.

Irsay may have been "pleased" to see Peyton.

Irsay may have been "pleased" to see Peyton lift some weights.

Irsay may have been "pleased" to see Peyton do jumping jacks.

Irsay may have been "pleased" to see Peyton jog up the field.

Irsay may have been "pleased" to see Peyton stretch.

etc.

Sure, but none of those are negative...may not necessarily be positive, but not negative. If I read between the lines, it sounds to me like Irsay likes the progress and wants to move the date. That's only negative if you have an agenda to get PM out of Indy.

I laugh at this not because of what you say is untrue it's very true. I just find it very interesting that when it was the in vogue thing to do to hate on Polian people were all over me for going after Kravitz when others (not saying you because I honeslty don't remember everyone's view point at the time in terms of specific people) were standing up for Kravitz because Polian wasn't being nice by not talking to Kravitz one on one like Kravitz wanted. Now everyone hates Kravtiz again.

Sure, but none of those are negative...may not necessarily be positive, but not negative. If I read between the lines, it sounds to me like Irsay likes the progress and wants to move the date. That's only negative if you have an agenda to get PM out of Indy.

Larry, you can interpret it any way you want.

I don't give any credibility to the report.

Irsay may even be pleased that Peyton is trying hard, which, while heartening, does not necessarily affect his progress.

Come on, it is BBS...please don't quote his spin as the truth of the situation (I'm not saying whether there is or isn't a connection, btw).

I am quoting the article to show what it clearly states, contrary to what others are trying to interpret in the opposite way.

I do not vouch for the truth of anything the article claims.

However, I quote it to align everyone on what the article claims.

Larry, you can interpret it any way you want.

I don't give any credibility to the report.

Irsay may even be pleased that Peyton is trying hard, which, while heartening, does not necessarily affect his progress.

So why would Irsay and Condon both bring up moving the date as a possibility if Irsay wasn't feeling positive about the situation and/or doesn't want PM in Indy (and PM doesn't want to be in Indy)?

This could be a false report too...I guess I should just stop commenting on anything said by any media person at this point.

LOL did you not see the part where he posted Furst's clairification tweet that said Irsay saw Peyton throw? You completly moved over that. Talk about random quote mining.

I saw that Furst claimed that Irsay saw PM throw, but again, did not connect the Irsay comment of "pleased" to that seeing PM throw.

So why would Irsay and Condon both bring up moving the date as a possibility if Irsay wasn't feeling positive about the situation and/or doesn't want PM in Indy (and PM doesn't want to be in Indy)?

This could be a false report too...I guess I should just stop commenting on anything said by any media person at this point.

Yes, it could indeed be a false report.

I am quoting the article to show what it clearly states, contrary to what others are trying to interpret in the opposite way.

I do not vouch for the truth of anything the article claims.

However, I quote it to align everyone on what the article claims.

I read Stampede Blue for news, not objective analysis. Anything BBS writes, I always look for the spin...that is just how he is. I understand what you are doing, I'm just saying that BBS's interpretations are no better than mine, yours, or anyone else, and in most cases are usually worse because they have a huge agenda behind them. He's currently buying into the Kravitz/ESPN narrative that PM is done in Indy, so he is going to spin all this stuff in that vein.

I saw that Furst claimed that Irsay saw PM throw, but again, did not connect the Irsay comment of "pleased" to that seeing PM throw.

If you actually have access to twitter you could see the conversation he was having with the guy was about the workout he reported about.

If you actually have access to twitter you could see the conversation he was having with the guy was about the workout he reported about.

Exactly right.

Furst is promoting "fresh" Colts and Irsay news for his 2/1 broadcast/segment on ABC in Indy. 2/1 was the day Irsay sat down with Eisen. This is not new, unless Irsay talked with Furst - or if someone watched the 2/1 Indy ABC broadcast Furst is talking about and explain what was new or interesting about that.....

I laugh at this not because of what you say is untrue it's very true. I just find it very interesting that when it was the in vogue thing to do to hate on Polian people were all over me for going after Kravitz when others (not saying you because I honeslty don't remember everyone's view point at the time in terms of specific people) were standing up for Kravitz because Polian wasn't being nice by not talking to Kravitz one on one like Kravitz wanted. Now everyone hates Kravtiz again.

Well I can save you the time I have never been a Kravitz fan and never will be. He's a klutz in my book that has always talked out of both sides of his mouth. When I saw that Peyton had talked to him I knew there was trouble brewing and maybe it was done on purpose by Peyton to catch that snake once and for all. JMO of course.