Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zoo Day

TKnight24

32 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

It just made me lose respect for Mayock

I get his frustration. He thinks it should be all about the kids and instead of talking about the player drafted at that spot, they're talking about the monkey instead.

I think a lot of folks on this board just took it too personally because it's a notable place in Indy.

13 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I was laughing so hard when Mayock was SO ticked off!!! lmao

Image result for monkey colts draft

Mayock can be a lil "odd" at times.

i'm sure there were those that thought it was disrespectful or inhumane toward an animal.

but hey, i'd stand there all day and press a screen if someone handed me a Reese peanutbutter cup every time i did.

thats not inhumane to me, just good business.

I liked the orangutan picking. haha

However in the future, I hope the NFL only does this for a round or two at most. The draft took 2 extra hours becuause every pick after round 3 was from live stream somewhere and it dragged on.

17 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I was laughing so hard when Mayock was SO ticked off!!! lmao

Image result for monkey colts draft

17 hours ago, bananabucket said:

It just made me lose respect for Mayock

16 hours ago, Shive said:

I get his frustration. He thinks it should be all about the kids and instead of talking about the player drafted at that spot, they're talking about the monkey instead.

I think a lot of folks on this board just took it too personally because it's a notable place in Indy.

Ha, yeah I get both sides to what Mayock was reacting to here as Shive pointed out I can see where Mayocks point about more focus should be put towards the players being drafted especially the later round picks who didn't receive as much coverage as the top prospects. However, as Mayock has played a role in the media machine, with his mocks, etc. he has played his own role in contributing to an almost circus like atmosphere of the draft. I guess if multiple channels are going to have 24 hour footage of the event, then they have to fill the time with something. As if there aren't already enough commercials...

With all that said, how can you be mad at an orangutan, plus the Indy Zoos newer orangutan exhibit is pretty 'neat' as far as zoo exhibits go, & with an 18 month old and a 4 year old I feel obliged to comment as I'm no stranger to zoos, ha...