Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NBA Draft thread (no spoilers)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Westbrook is a ball hog that is President of Planet Ball Hog. In a way I didn't really blame Durant deep down for leaving OKC for that alone even though I wished he had chosen a different team lol.

Yeah, although the Thunder got messed up once they traded Harden away.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Westbrook is a ball dominant guy......He's a force..You don't want him standing in the corner like Kevin Love with the Cavs

That wouldn't be the case, once Ball gives Westbrook the ball he can then create and do whatever he wants. Just make Westbrook the first option in your Offense and I don't see the problem.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That wouldn't be the case, once Ball gives Westbrook the ball he can then create and do whatever he wants. Just make Westbrook the first option in your Offense and I don't see the problem.

If Westbrook has the ball then ball doesn't. Ball is a facilitator. If he just dribbled it up and hands it to Westbrook which is what Westbrook would demand then Ball is worthlesss.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Harden was always a SG before last season and was just as great, Westbrook can play SG with no problem.

I don't think Westbrook could be SG at all. One, he wouldn't have the ball in his hands. And two, he's not a good shooter

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:thinking: Did the Knicks draft another Frédéric Weis? Phil loves these foreign-born players. I never heard of this guy. He may be good but was he the best player available? 

He passed on a lot of guys..

I'm reading this guy is ready to play, though...Mathias Lessort?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Turner is going to have to guard some 4s..

..but they wouldn't play together all the time.....Big Al is not greased lightning up and down the floor

Anything is possible but Turner has proven he can't guard 4s. You need a stud defender rebounder protector for Myles at the 4. Collins is that if we go big imo.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I don't think Westbrook could be SG at all. One, he wouldn't have the ball in his hands. And two, he's not a good shooter

He's a great scorer though, Kobe didn't shoot a high % but played SG and was a Top 5 player of all-time. With Ball at Point he could facilitate to Westbrook or PG or whoever.

Just now, dgambill said:

Anything is possible but Turner has proven he can't guard 4s. You need a stud defender rebounder protector for Myles at the 4. Collins is that if we go big imo.

Turner hasn't proven anything permanently in 2 years...He's just 21...

He's not big enough to be a pure '5'

but you're missing the point.....Allen is a solid prospect and we need 2 centers

Plus Allen and Turner know each other and might work well together

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:thinking: Did the Knicks draft another Frédéric Weis? Phil loves these foreign-born players. I never heard of this guy. He may be good but was he the best player available? 

If he's good, he'll probably get traded away, just like Porzingis.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would hate to be a Bulls fan about now. I thought being a Pacers fan is bad but I have no idea what that organization is doing.

Just wait til you see the Pacers pick. You'll change your mind

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's a great scorer though, Kobe didn't shoot a high % but played SG and was a Top 5 player of all-time. With Ball at Point he could facilitate to Westbrook or PG or whoever.

You really just used Kobe Bryant as an example for Russell Westbrook?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would hate to be a Bulls fan about now. I thought being a Pacers fan is bad but I have no idea what that organization is doing.

teams are getting less subtle about tanking