Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NBA Draft thread (no spoilers)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

It's really hard to judge someone before they are even in the NBA.  Tons of fans think he'll be a bust, tons think he'll be a stud.  I think he'll be a stud.  Only Jason Kidd put up numbers similar to his in 1 year at UCLA.  I think a lot of people want him to fail strictly because of his ignorant dad but I think the kid is pretty laid back and is nothing like his dad.  I guess only time will tell.  You could be right about him being a bust.

I just don't think he's as good as advertised

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

You're loving Lonzo for whatever reason. The guy is alright but you're making him out to be some savior riding in on a white horse. Lakers have absolutely no chance to be .500. And hell no on the playoffs.

they probably make the playoffs if they get paul this year

personally i dont care where he lands anymore, just get the most for him imo

36 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I just don't think he's as good as advertised

D'Angelo Russell shot 3-19 in his final college game and they got smoked by Arizona in the Tournament, same round Ball lost in last season - bringing this up because you dis Ball for getting outplayed by Fox in the Tourney. Russell divided a locker room by his silliness to what he did to Nick Young, had he done that to me I would never be able trust him again. Russell shot 40% from the field in his 2nd season (last season) and was a poor Defender and was just immature with little Leadership. How on earth could you or anyone think he could lead the Lakers to anything? Ball will be so much better than him. All Magic has done so far is get rid of a horrendous contract in Mozgov's which is almost impossible to do so, so he can sign Paul George and another Great Free Agent in 2018 and he replaced Ball with Russell. He also added a Center that is a great teammate that can give him 17-20 Points in Lopez. That is all that has happened. I see that is a huge+.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

D'Angelo Russell shot 3-19 in his final college game and they got smoked by Arizona in the Tournament, same round Ball lost in last season - bringing this up because you dis Ball for getting outplayed by Fox in the Tourney. Russell divided a locker room by his silliness to what he did to Nick Young, had he done that to me I would never be able trust him again. Russell shot 40% from the field in his 2nd season (last season) and was a poor Defender and was just immature with little Leadership. How on earth could you or anyone think he could lead the Lakers to anything? Ball will be so much better than him. All Magic has done so far is get rid of a horrendous contract in Mozgov's which is almost impossible to do so, so he can sign Paul George and another Great Free Agent in 2018 and he replaced Ball with Russell. He also added a Center that is a great teammate that can give him 17-20 Points in Lopez. That is all that has happened. I see that is a huge+.

Actually, it was the 2nd round that Ohio State lost to Arizona that season. That doesn't prove your point but just stating a fact. D'Angelo was so bad that game and hasn't been anything since that time. The very same thing could happen to Lonzo

44 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they probably make the playoffs if they get paul this year

personally i dont care where he lands anymore, just get the most for him imo

I still wouldn't be convinced even with PG. But about getting the most for him, that's pretty much a reality now. There's no way he shouldn't have been traded at the deadline. It really sucks

16 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Actually, it was the 2nd round that Ohio State lost to Arizona that season. That doesn't prove your point but just stating a fact. D'Angelo was so bad that game and hasn't been anything since that time. The very same thing could happen to Lonzo

Thanks for the correction, I was giving Russ more credit even haha. We will have to wait and see what happens. I am just Pee'd the Pacers are about to be screwed. If anything we need to try and pry away future picks from the Lakers to build in the future but I definitely want Randle and Clarky too. If we cant get Ingram, Magic better be giving me Randle and Clarkson + some picks.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for the correction, I was giving Russ more credit even haha. We will have to wait and see what happens. I am just Pee'd the Pacers are about to be screwed. If anything we need to try and pry away future picks from the Lakers to build in the future but I definitely want Randle and Clarky too. If we cant get Ingram, Magic better be giving me Randle and Clarkson + some picks.

Like I've said, include Brandon Ingram and we have a deal

15 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Good god, D'Angelo Russell was their highest scoring player last year. They traded him away for nothing to get out of a bad contract. Lopez will average 20 points a game? You better pray for that, cause I'm going to hold you to it if he don't. The Lakers literally just traded away their future with D'Angelo. A future that they had to intentionally tank to get. 

Traded him for nothing? Do you know how good Brook Lopez is? If he stays healthy, Lopez alone is enough for the Lakers to win that trade.