Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patty Mac takes more shots at grigson


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat *really* doesn't like Grigson. I was at the celebrity softball game @ Victory Field last week and Pat had plenty to say about Grigson, it was fun entertainment for sure. He also mentioned that "Paul George is *still* in Indy." 

 

He doesn't hold back on anything, that's for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'll be in the minority here since Pat has become some sort of mythological figure. 

 

Playing devil's advocate here. I've been in business for over 30 years and find it hard to believe something would be said like that. Especially with no context.

What could Grigson expect to gain saying something like that, especially his first year?

 

I think Pat should start to let it whatever it is, go. He's starting to come off looking small.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, imacoltfan said:

I know I'll be in the minority here since Pat has become some sort of mythological figure. 

 

Playing devil's advocate here. I've been in business for over 30 years and find it hard to believe something would be said like that. Especially with no context.

What could Grigson expect to gain saying something like that, especially his first year?

 

I think Pat should start to let it whatever it is, go. He's starting to come off looking small.

 

I've had managers in the past even the CFO come down at me hard for no particular reason even though I was working just as hard as other sought after employees. Sometimes you just don't get along with upper management

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my 2 cents, but I think Pat McAfee has become nothing but an obnoxious frat boy since leaving the Colts to join Barstool. Even though we're all probably in agreement with his thoughts on Ryan Grigson, airing this type of stuff in public is beyond unprofessional, and there's really zero good that can actually come from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Just my 2 cents, but I think Pat McAfee has become nothing but an obnoxious frat boy since leaving the Colts to join Barstool. Even though we're all probably in agreement with his thoughts on Ryan Grigson, airing this type of stuff in public is beyond unprofessional, and there's really zero good that can actually come from it.

 

Well he kept his mouth closed as a Colt though. Now that he's not in the NFL, he wants everyone to know. Which I think, is okay. Not like other people didn't already know that about him anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

 

Well he kept his mouth closed as a Colt though. Now that he's not in the NFL, he wants everyone to know. Which I think, is okay. Not like other people didn't already know that about him anyway.

 

While all that's true, I'm just finished talking about Ryan Grigson at this point. There's no axe to grind, for former players like McAfee or Colts fans. He's gone, it's over. We're no longer saddled with his free agent signings and we don't have to endure anymore of his questionable draft picks. He's with a new team now and we're ushering in a new era with Chris Ballard, so in my mind, there's no need to sully all the positives going on with the Colts with talk of the old regime. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

While all that's true, I'm just finished talking about Ryan Grigson at this point. There's no axe to grind, for former players like McAfee or Colts fans. He's gone, it's over. We're no longer saddled with his free agent signings and we don't have to endure anymore of his questionable draft picks. He's with a new team now and we're ushering in a new era with Chris Ballard, so in my mind, there's no need to sully all the positives going on with the Colts with talk of the old regime. 

 

I'm all for that as well. Sometimes people like to share the gossip or insider info that us fans can't see or hear about. Nothing said was too shocking anyway. I think all of us as fans have totally moved on and are excited to see Ballards guys perform on the field. I know I am.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

If that was legit the first conversation Grigson and Pat had, then I see no problem with Pat telling the story. 

 

He's told the story multiple times now. It's being egged on over and over again, because it's popular to hate on Ryan Grigson, so he's playing to the crowd and they're eating it up. I'm definitely over it already.

 

If what Pat is saying is true, I don't blame him one bit for disliking Grigson and wanting everyone to know why. To hear him tell it, Grigson treated other people poorly as well, but he hasn't gone into detail about any of that. But it's definitely played out, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

He's told the story multiple times now. It's being egged on over and over again, because it's popular to hate on Ryan Grigson, so he's playing to the crowd and they're eating it up. I'm definitely over it already.

 

If what Pat is saying is true, I don't blame him one bit for disliking Grigson and wanting everyone to know why. To hear him tell it, Grigson treated other people poorly as well, but he hasn't gone into detail about any of that. But it's definitely played out, IMO.

 

This... and the fact that he's actually proud of working for that junk show called Barstool Sports, makes it pretty hard for me to care about anything Pat McAfee has to say moving forward. Seriously Pat, I get it bro, you don't like Ryan Grigson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

This... and the fact that he's actually proud of working for that junk show called Barstool Sports, makes it pretty hard for me to care about anything Pat McAfee has to say moving forward. Seriously Pat, I get it bro, you don't like Ryan Grigson.

 

I don't care about his new show. It's not for me, but that's fine. It seems right up his alley. I never watched his standup, either; in general, I don't find him funny. At least not his jokes. He seems like a fun guy in general. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, imacoltfan said:

I know I'll be in the minority here since Pat has become some sort of mythological figure. 

 

Playing devil's advocate here. I've been in business for over 30 years and find it hard to believe something would be said like that. Especially with no context.

What could Grigson expect to gain saying something like that, especially his first year?

 

I think Pat should start to let it whatever it is, go. He's starting to come off looking small.

I agree.  I have 0 doubt that Grigson was arrogant and annoying and hard to get along with.  But I think this is missing some context.  Regardless of how much of a jerk he may be, I have difficulty seeing a GM walk up to his All-Pro punter and the first thing out of his mouth is "you're the lowest part of the organization".  At the very least, I think they'd exchange pleasantries, however superficial they may be.

 

Also, didn't Pat say Grigson pretty much ignored him for several weeks?  I remember McAfee saying he didn't like how Grigson would walk past him in the halls and not even acknowledge him, say hi or make eye contact or anything.

 

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Please don't send him to Canada. We don't want him here. 

 

Not even the CFL. Just like the country doesn't want him haha.

lmao I was just about to post this exact same thing.  Speaking on behalf of every Canadian, we do not want him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

I don't care about his new show. It's not for me, but that's fine. It seems right up his alley. I never watched his standup, either; in general, I don't find him funny. At least not his jokes. He seems like a fun guy in general. 

 

His standup is just bad, like throwing tomatoes bad. And I say this as someone who always liked Pat McAfee the football player, but all of this other extraneous stuff has definitely soured my image of him a bit. He's supposed to be this happy-go-lucky fun-loving guy, but all he does nowadays is badmouth his former boss. It's just kind of lame IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

While all that's true, I'm just finished talking about Ryan Grigson at this point. There's no axe to grind, for former players like McAfee or Colts fans. He's gone, it's over. We're no longer saddled with his free agent signings and we don't have to endure anymore of his questionable draft picks. He's with a new team now and we're ushering in a new era with Chris Ballard, so in my mind, there's no need to sully all the positives going on with the Colts with talk of the old regime. 

 

I totally agree I like the Boom Stick but he needs to move on he & the former GM are the past we need to concentrate on the future .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree.  I have 0 doubt that Grigson was arrogant and annoying and hard to get along with.  But I think this is missing some context.  Regardless of how much of a jerk he may be, I have difficulty seeing a GM walk up to his All-Pro punter and the first thing out of his mouth is "you're the lowest part of the organization".  At the very least, I think they'd exchange pleasantries, however superficial they may be.

 

Totally. Just reading between the lines, it sounds to me like Grigson wanted to cut McAfee after his DUI, but Irsay intervened, and McAfee's making it out to be something else entirely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

His standup is just bad, like throwing tomatoes bad. And I say this as someone who always liked Pat McAfee the football player, but all of this other extraneous stuff has definitely soured my image of him a bit. He's supposed to be this happy-go-lucky fun-loving guy, but all he does nowadays is badmouth his former boss. It's just kind of lame IMO.

Throwing Tomatoes Bad.  LOL!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

Totally. Just reading between the lines, it sounds to me like Grigson wanted to cut McAfee after his DUI, but Irsay intervened, and McAfee's making it out to be something else entirely.

 

His DUI was two seasons before Grigson got hired. 

 

McAfee was in a contract year in 2012. I'm thinking maybe he wanted to talk about the potential of being extended, and Grigson countered with 'I don't even want you here, so no thanks,' which is jerkish, especially if he literally said Pat was the lowest part of the organization. Pat has repeated those words several times now, so either he's committed to this specific lie/exaggeration, or it really did happen that way. I'm taking him at his word.

 

They tagged Pat in 2013 and let him play out the tag, which was always weird to me (and the first time the Colts let a player play out the tag since Edgerrin James in 2005, if memory serves). Then they gave him a five year deal the following year, after he had become one of the best punters in the league. If Grigson were to say today 'I didn't think highly of him in 2012, but he proved himself over the next two years,' that would seem like a legitimate point to me. Still doesn't excuse being a jerk from the beginning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

all he does nowadays is badmouth his former boss

 

It's not literally all he does, but it's definitely what grabs headlines, especially since Grigson is probably less popular than anyone in the NFL other than Roger Goodell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It turns out Grigson wasn't just a really bad GM, he was a jerk of a person too. That's insider info I like having. Pat will tire of it at some point and move on. Until then, reap what you sew rules apply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

His DUI was two seasons before Grigson got hired. 

 

McAfee was in a contract year in 2012. I'm thinking maybe he wanted to talk about the potential of being extended, and Grigson countered with 'I don't even want you here, so no thanks,' which is jerkish, especially if he literally said Pat was the lowest part of the organization. Pat has repeated those words several times now, so either he's committed to this specific lie/exaggeration, or it really did happen that way. I'm taking him at his word.

 

They tagged Pat in 2013 and let him play out the tag, which was always weird to me (and the first time the Colts let a player play out the tag since Edgerrin James in 2005, if memory serves). Then they gave him a five year deal the following year, after he had become one of the best punters in the league. If Grigson were to say today 'I didn't think highly of him in 2012, but he proved himself over the next two years,' that would seem like a legitimate point to me. Still doesn't excuse being a jerk from the beginning.

 

Thanks for clearing up the timeline on that, for some reason I thought his DUI was the same year that Grigson was hired. While I have no doubt in my mind that Grigson was an arrogant jerk, and wanted to make it clear he was the new sheriff in town when he was first hired, McAfee continually harping on it has worn out it's welcome for me. Maybe I'm just too wired into everything Colts, but I feel like I've heard McAfee's side of the story about 1,000 times now. It's well beyond "dead horse" territory.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think someone referring to you as a 'thing' is pretty terrible. I'd have a hard time getting passed that. But, he already said his piece on Grigson, Continuing to attack him just reflects poorly on Pat.  

 

Now I feel like their first meeting was the meeting of two massive egos. Possibly neither of them has recovered from it.

 

Let it go, move on, stop hating and being petty

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it amusing that people say they're tired of hearing him bash Grigson, but click on a thread titled, "Patty Mac takes more shots at grigson." :dunno:

 

I don't see anything wrong with him exposing someone for who they truly are, especially someone who IMO and many others hurt this team badly.

 

I think he's hilarious, been to his show before, and have tickets already for his next show. Different strokes for different folks I guess.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I find it amusing that people say they're tired of hearing him bash Grigson, but click on a thread titled, "Patty Mac takes more shots at grigson." :dunno:

 

I don't see anything wrong with him exposing someone for who they truly are, especially someone who IMO and many others hurt this team badly.

 

I think he's hilarious, been to his show before, and have tickets already for his next show. Different strokes for different folks I guess.....

I hear you.

But, he was asked what NFL trade he would advocate for and he goes into a rant which is not about a trade.  

 

How do I know he's telling the truth? Seems like his ego is still bruised.

 

I had no problem with his tweets when Grigson was fired.  But, to me, this is petty

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I find it amusing that people say they're tired of hearing him bash Grigson, but click on a thread titled, "Patty Mac takes more shots at grigson." :dunno:

 

This isn't the first place I heard of this latest "report." When I saw the headline elsewhere, I thought 'goodness, Pat, let it go.' I come here to voice my opinion. That includes my opinion on things I've grown tired of hearing about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I hear you.

But, he was asked what NFL trade he would advocate for and he goes into a rant which is not about a trade.  

 

How do I know he's telling the truth? Seems like his ego is still bruised.

 

I had no problem with his tweets when Grigson was fired.  But, to me, this is petty

 

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

This isn't the first place I heard of this latest "report." When I saw the headline elsewhere, I thought 'goodness, Pat, let it go.' I come here to voice my opinion. That includes my opinion on things I've grown tired of hearing about.

He's not only a sports commentator, but a comedian as well(more then likely why he got the commentators gig), and any self respecting sports show/media show knows that he's going to be himself, a goofy fun loving guy known for doing and saying of the wall things, just like anyone knows that when they clicked the title of this thread it was going to be about him bashing grigson. If would he said is true, which I'm not sure why he would lie about that, then I would probably have a hard time letting it go myself. JMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I reckon I'm in the minority here but I love listening to his pod cast and find them hilarious. It may be old for us to hear because we have been hearing it for sometime but the national media not as much. IMO he's trying to continue to build his reputation as funny and witty and that's fine because he's basing his money and livelihood on it now so if it's got people talking and more people listening to his show then go him. I don't think that question was especially suited for pat though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

His standup is just bad, like throwing tomatoes bad. And I say this as someone who always liked Pat McAfee the football player, but all of this other extraneous stuff has definitely soured my image of him a bit. He's supposed to be this happy-go-lucky fun-loving guy, but all he does nowadays is badmouth his former boss. It's just kind of lame IMO.

He's better than Dane Cooklmao

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GOZER said:

 

He's not only a sports commentator, but a comedian as well(more then likely why he got the commentators gig), and any self respecting sports show/media show knows that he's going to be himself, a goofy fun loving guy known for doing and saying of the wall things, just like anyone knows that when they clicked the title of this thread it was going to be about him bashing grigson. If would he said is true, which I'm not sure why he would lie about that, then I would probably have a hard time letting it go myself. JMO.

 

It was a totally unprompted tirade, from what I understand. He was asked what kind of NFL trade he would like to see, and he says 'trade Grigson to the CFL, we don't want him in America, LOLOL, and now the Browns suck even more, HAHAHA!' 

 

IMO, it reflects more on Pat at this point than it does on Grigson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GOZER said:

 

He's not only a sports commentator, but a comedian as well(more then likely why he got the commentators gig), and any self respecting sports show/media show knows that he's going to be himself, a goofy fun loving guy known for doing and saying of the wall things, just like anyone knows that when they clicked the title of this thread it was going to be about him bashing grigson. If would he said is true, which I'm not sure why he would lie about that, then I would probably have a hard time letting it go myself. JMO.

Fair enough

He's in the entertainment business now.

I did know it would be about bashing grigson when I clicked the thread 

That doesn't mean I don't get go add my pennies to the mix of opinions.

I know he's a comedian.  This one flopped for me though

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he has, but I haven't seen it if he did.  But has Grigs spoken out at all about any of this?  With all the hate directed at him by players and fans, I give him credit for taking the high road.  I wish Pat would do the same and move on, but that doesn't seem to be part of his makeup.  FWIW, I loved him as a player but didn't find him the least bit funny.  Still don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...