Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather

12 hours ago, GOZER said:

After watching a few of the pressers for the fight on YouTube, the "Mcgregor/Mayweather world tour," I must say, these two are an embarrassment to Boxing and MMA. Seriously, it's been like a comedy tour, or a clown show. Each one gets a turn "roasting" each other and running around stage acting a fool screaming and trying to act tough, what a joke. Then their entourages getting into it with each other, so dumb. Yes I've watched boxing/mma pressers before, these are different, absolute joke. Dana white has become Don King, selling the integrity of the sport out for the almighty dollar. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole things rigged.

They both shared a private jet a few days ago. Its all for money.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Except for the fact that Mayweather would never agree to any fight where he didn't have the clear cut advantage. He never has and is not going to start now.

Never underestimate the power of $$$.  If Mayweather would get another $10-20 mil from an MMA fight against McGregor, I don't think he'd have an issue taking a fight where even a loss would have an asterisk by it.

18 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I actually like Conor as a trash talker. He's very entertaining. While I agree that Mayweather will win the fight in the end Bogie, there's no way a 40 something yr old boxer is knocking McGregor out. I'll never believe that in a million years. 

Man, I would love to see Mayweather get his caboose kicked. I have zero respect for that guy. 

It's not impossible a lot of people assume Floyd has no power in which he does enough to snap your head back after a counter punch lol..& Also the reason why he stopped knocking people out is because he has brittle hands and they kept breaking so he became more defensive..that being said Conor will be in a 12 round fight  he's gassed after two rounds  in the UFC just ask Nate Diaz... so he's either gonna have to knock mayweather out  in first two rounds or get gassed and possibly knocked out after because he never keeps his hands up and his elusiveness is garbage ( apologize I'm on my phone thats why I bunched this up)

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Never underestimate the power of $$$.  If Mayweather would get another $10-20 mil from an MMA fight against McGregor, I don't think he'd have an issue taking a fight where even a loss would have an asterisk by it.

He wouldn't take that lol it's not in his budget range. Mayweather fights on his terms only being that he went out as the  champ and is undefeated..for a challenger you can't come in making demands over a guy who's superior in the sport 

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

IMO Mayweather would never agree to a MMA fight. He knows in the back of his mind he would get his tail kicked and more than likely it would be in the first round.

• 1 month later...

When this was first announced, almost everyone, including myself, believed that Mayweather was a lock to win this match. I am not so sure anymore. Given everything going on in the country lately, if I was a betting person, I would bet McGregor. I don't base this on any knowledge of boxing, of which I am not a fan. It is just a feeling I have. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

When this was first announced, almost everyone, including myself, believed that Mayweather was a lock to win this match. I am not so sure anymore. Given everything going on in the country lately, if I was a betting person, I would bet McGregor. I don't base this on any knowledge of boxing, of which I am not a fan. It is just a feeling I have. 

Please don't bet because Mayweather will win this easily. :violin:

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm not a gambler at all but if I was, I'm putting money down on Mayweather to win by a TKO. I don't see this going the full length...Mayweather will get the TKO. 

God I hate both these guys...Mayweather has always been a woman beating piece of crap and McGregor is an arrogant jerk. 

1 minute ago, Synthetic said:

I'm not a gambler at all but if I was, I'm putting money down on Mayweather to win by a TKO. I don't see this going the full length...Mayweather will get the TKO. 

God I hate both these guys...Mayweather has always been a woman beating piece of crap and McGregor is an arrogant jerk. 

I don't like either one of them either but Mayweather is arguably the best ever, he isn't losing to McGregor. I have Mayweather in 7

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't like either one of them either but Mayweather is arguably the best ever, he isn't losing to McGregor. I have Mayweather in 7

That's debatable according to a lot of boxing experts...Mayweather picks and chooses his fights very carefully. He avoided Cotto and Pacquaco for a long time. 

Welter-weight too, it's a different category from the heavy weights that are usually in the GOAT debates. I've wondered for years that we probably won't see another heavy weight champion big time again probably due to all the health risks. People look at Ali and his health problems from Parkinson's and see all the risks, and I think it may scare them away. 

That's debatable according to a lot of boxing experts...Mayweather picks and chooses his fights very carefully. He avoided Cotto and Pacquaco for a long time. 

Welter-weight too, it's a different category from the heavy weights that are usually in the GOAT debates. I've wondered for years that we probably won't see another heavy weight champion big time again probably due to all the health risks. People look at Ali and his health problems from Parkinson's and see all the risks, and I think it may scare them away. 

Yeah I personally loved Sugar Ray Leonard and even Roy Jones regarding their WT classes. Ali of course for Heavy's, Tyson in his prime too.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I personally loved Sugar Ray Leonard and even Roy Jones regarding their WT classes. Ali of course for Heavy's, Tyson in his prime too.

My grandfather LOVED, and I mean love, love, loved boxing. He could talk about this with you for hours on end. Like how we discuss football and basketball, that's how he was with boxing. He was never really into football or a major team sport, boxing was his thing so I grew up hearing all this stuff when I was much younger. 

It's the one sport I seriously wish I had not missed out on in my lifetime. I was just a kid when Tyson was in his prime and I remember when he had the comeback in the 90's but Tyson was pretty much all I lived to see of the old heavy weights. My grandfather loved Marciano and especially Joe Frazier, George Foreman and Ali.

I feel like I've been lucky to witness many things in sports, and I wouldn't trade any of those memories but I would've loved to witness the prime of boxing as a sport with my own eyes. 

My grandfather LOVED, and I mean love, love, loved boxing. He could talk about this with you for hours on end. Like how we discuss football and basketball, that's how he was with boxing. He was never really into football or a major team sport, boxing was his thing so I grew up hearing all this stuff when I was much younger. 

It's the one sport I seriously wish I had not missed out on in my lifetime. I was just a kid when Tyson was in his prime and I remember when he had the comeback in the 90's but Tyson was pretty much all I lived to see of the old heavy weights. My grandfather loved Marciano and especially Joe Frazier, George Foreman and Ali.

I feel like I've been lucky to witness many things in sports, and I wouldn't trade any of those memories but I would've loved to witness the prime of boxing as a sport with my own eyes. 

IMO, I don't think anyone could beat Mike Tyson1988ish but he just didn't have the longevity as some others. Ali was awesome so was Smokin Joe. Big George was Tyson before Tyson and he was 6'4 230 pound. Larry Holmes is very underrated as a heavy too, his jab was lethal. Holyfeld beat Tyson but that wasn't 80's Tyson. IMO Tyson would've took him out had they boxed in the 80's.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My name is not Jared, you know. Even when I have played the lottery which is maybe once or twice a year, I never check to see if I won anything. Gambling is a bad habit that I would never want to get involved in.

Btw, who did you think was going to win that Pacquiao (spelling?) vs. the Australian guy  (I think he was Australian)? Almost everyone said Pacquiao. You see what happened.

Unless Mayweather knocks McGregor out, there is no telling what the outcome will be. Boxing is corrupt.

My name is not Jared, you know. Even when I have played the lottery which is maybe once or twice a year, I never check to see if I won anything. Gambling is a bad habit that I would never want to get involved in.

Btw, who did you think was going to win that Pacquiao (spelling?) vs. the Australian guy  (I think he was Australian)? Almost everyone said Pacquiao. You see what happened.

Unless Mayweather knocks McGregor out, there is no telling what the outcome will be. Boxing is corrupt.

Pacc is over the hill so I wasn't sure. 5 years ago Pacc wouldn't of lost, he would've knocked him out IMO.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

"My name is not Jared" :billiejean:too funny. Yeah betting on Boxing can be tricky.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO, I don't think anyone could beat Mike Tyson1988ish but he just didn't have the longevity as some others. Ali was awesome so was Smokin Joe. Big George was Tyson before Tyson and he was 6'4 230 pound. Larry Holmes is very underrated as a heavy too, his jab was lethal. Holyfeld beat Tyson but that wasn't 80's Tyson. IMO Tyson would've took him out had they boxed in the 80's.

My grandfather could give you a good answer on that....

Tyson has a lot of fans. He's become a sympathetic athlete in recent years, mostly since it is universally agreed that Don King really ruined him, but most of his fans blame his downfall on Cus D'Amato's untimely death and also cause King pushed him to get rid of his original manager tied with D'Amato who I can't think of the name of right now. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"My name is not Jared" :billiejean:too funny. Yeah betting on Boxing can be tricky.

Betting on anything is not good. In the end, you will lose more than you win.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wasn't sure, the guy he boxed he is good. I thought it was pretty even going in.

Oh well. I just recall people on the radio and TV thought there was no way Pacquiao loses. 

4 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

My grandfather could give you a good answer on that....

Tyson has a lot of fans. He's become a sympathetic athlete in recent years, mostly since it is universally agreed that Don King really ruined him, but most of his fans blame his downfall on Cus D'Amato's untimely death and also cause King pushed him to get rid of his original manager tied with D'Amato who I can't think of the name of right now. 

Had Cus not pass away, Tyson would've went 50-0 before he lost if he ever lost. He had so many distractions and the wrong people around him. Mike Tyson's Punch Out is the best game ever too, he was 37-0 with 33 KO's. If you fought him you could beat him if you didn't get hit, you get once it was over.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had Cus not pass away, Tyson would've went 50-0 before he lost if he ever lost. He had so many distractions and the wrong people around him. Mike Tyson's Punch Out is the best game ever too, he was 37-0 with 33 KO's. If you fought him you could beat him if you didn't get hit, you get once it was over.

After Tyson, boxing has been boring. There was Roy Jones and there is Mayweather in lower ranks, but the heavyweight division had been the best. Tyson was exciting. I don't think I have watched a boxing match after 1988 or so. I never watched too much but when Tyson had a fight, people wanted to see it.

There is a NY sports talk show host called Tony Page. He is a boxing journalist. He often has people associated with boxing on his show. One of his guests said that Tyson's downfall was partly due to firing Kevin Rooney, his trainer.

After Tyson, boxing has been boring. There was Roy Jones and there is Mayweather in lowet ranjs, but the heavyweight division had been the best. Tyson was exciting. I don't think I have watched a boxing match after 1988 or so. I never watched too much but when Tyson had a fight, people wanted to see it.

There is a NY sports talk show host called Tony Page. He is a boxing journalist. He often has people associated with boxing on his show. One of his guests said that Tyson's downfall was partly due to firing Kevin Rooney, his trainer.

Kevin Rooney IMO is one of the very best trainers of all-times. Tyson should've stuck with his original trainers and management. Don King was all wrong.

BOOM BABY!!!!! Mayweather stops Mcgregor with a 10th round TKO!!!!!   As I stated before not a big fan of Mayweather,  but I really despise McGregor even more!!!! So happy he got stopped by a 40 year old who came out of a two year retirement, that's gotta suck after all that trash talk circus leading up to the fight!!!!! If Mcgregor would have fought a good boxer in his prime, he would have been demolished! 

37 minutes ago, GOZER said:

BOOM BABY!!!!! Mayweather stops Mcgregor with a 10th round TKO!!!!!   As I stated before not a big fan of Mayweather,  but I really despise McGregor even more!!!! So happy he got stopped by a 40 year old who came out of a two year retirement, that's gotta suck after all that trash talk circus leading up to the fight!!!!! If Mcgregor would have fought a good boxer in his prime, he would have been demolished! 

Mcgregor lasted 10 rounds with a champ and he has never had a boxing match in his life. So you may blow your horn all you care to but it took 10 rounds to beat a fighter who has never boxed is nothing to write home about.

How long do think Mayweather would have lasted had it been MMA?

56 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Mcgregor lasted 10 rounds with a champ and he has never had a boxing match in his life. So you may blow your horn all you care to but it took 10 rounds to beat a fighter who has never boxed is nothing to write home about.

LOL...Mayweather fights are usually slow like this...He is a very defensive boxer who likes to pick his opponents apart in the later rounds. Just cause McGregor is an MMA fight didn't mean he was going to make a good boxer. His ego has been through the roof all year, and hopefully Mayweather just gave him a good humbling. 

This fight went just the way we all predicted it to go....McGregor got paid...There used to be a joke about getting paid millions to fight Tyson and that's what this fight literally was. So glad I did not waste 100 dollars on it. 

32 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

LOL...Mayweather fights are usually slow like this...He is a very defensive boxer who likes to pick his opponents apart in the later rounds. Just cause McGregor is an MMA fight didn't mean he was going to make a good boxer. His ego has been through the roof all year, and hopefully Mayweather just gave him a good humbling. 

This fight went just the way we all predicted it to go....McGregor got paid...There used to be a joke about getting paid millions to fight Tyson and that's what this fight literally was. So glad I did not waste 100 dollars on it. 

Well his ego and so called antics sold more tickets to the fight than Mayweather could have without them.

Mcgregor held his own considering he had never boxed a round in his life. He was a huge underdog so going 10 rounds he can hold his head up. He was out of his element. Just how long would have Mayweather lasted out of his element if he had to fight in the octagon with MMA rules?  My guess he wouldn't last 1 round.

46 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well his ego and so called antics sold more tickets to the fight than Mayweather could have without them.

Mcgregor held his own considering he had never boxed a round in his life. He was a huge underdog so going 10 rounds he can hold his head up. He was out of his element. Just how long would have Mayweather lasted out of his element if he had to fight in the octagon with MMA rules?  My guess he wouldn't last 1 round.

Pacquacio sold more tickets than McGregor could've....

You must not watch many of Mayweather's fights...They're all like this. He goes slow, pretty much gives viewers their money's worth with his defensive strategy and lets the other fighter wear themselves out trying to hit him, and then he unleashes on them in the later rounds. If Mayweather wasn't so despicable and vile, he would be fun to watch cause his fighting strategy and mind tactics are interesting. 

McGregor got his butt kicked tonight. That last round was a true beating. Had that fight not been stopped, Mayweather would've killed him tonight. All this "He wouldn't last a round in MMA!" it don't matter...McGregor is the one who spent the last two months with his racist comments, calling Floyd a monkey, and saying "dance for me boy!"...if Mayweather himself wasn't so despicable, everyone would've loved seeing this racist clown get beat to a blood pulp.

McGregor needs to stay in MMA, cause he was just begging to get beat down and it happened...He was a complete fool thinking he could go up against a master at strategy...Thanks to him, Floyd looked like a KING in his 40's tonight. 

16 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Pacquacio sold more tickets than McGregor could've....

You must not watch many of Mayweather's fights...They're all like this. He goes slow, pretty much gives viewers their money's worth with his defensive strategy and lets the other fighter wear themselves out trying to hit him, and then he unleashes on them in the later rounds. If Mayweather wasn't so despicable and vile, he would be fun to watch cause his fighting strategy and mind tactics are interesting. 

McGregor got his butt kicked tonight. That last round was a true beating. Had that fight not been stopped, Mayweather would've killed him tonight. All this "He wouldn't last a round in MMA!" it don't matter...McGregor is the one who spent the last two months with his racist comments, calling Floyd a monkey, and saying "dance for me boy!"...if Mayweather himself wasn't so despicable, everyone would've loved seeing this racist clown get beat to a blood pulp.

McGregor needs to stay in MMA, cause he was just begging to get beat down and it happened...He was a complete fool thinking he could go up against a master at strategy...Thanks to him, Floyd looked like a KING in his 40's tonight. 

Sorry but this fight sold more pay per view that the Pacquacio fight did as well as the cost of the seats at the fight. Floyd did his share of the spectacle as well.

Your dislike of Mcgregor has you arguing a one sided issue.

I personally don't like either one of the fighters but I am smart enough to know exactly what was going on by both fighters as far as promoting this fight. Without all the antics by Mcgregor half the pay per view sales wouldn't have been there. MMA is entertainment that needs all the 'drama' and Mcgregor just brought that to this fight. That was the plan from day one. I am also quite sure that Mayweather was involved in it from day one. They are both smiling on their way to the bank.

As far as the fight was concerned Mcgregor did fight a good fight no matter what you think. The odds were stacked against him and no one gave him a chance. Oh, it will be over in 5 or 6 rounds. Mcgregor wont get a punch in. Mcgregor wont win a round. He has no chance. Well he did win more than a round. He lasted into the 10th round. And he did connect on a few really good punches. He walked into an arena he had never walked into. He had never carried the weight of the boxing glove. He had never fought a fight that required him to go as long as a boxing fight. He was out of his element while Mayweather was in his.

Looking like a KING??  Over a fighter that was ill prepared ?  Nonsense.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry but this fight sold more pay per view that the Pacquacio fight did as well as the cost of the seats at the fight. Floyd did his share of the spectacle as well.

Your dislike of Mcgregor has you arguing a one sided issue.

I personally don't like either one of the fighters but I am smart enough to know exactly what was going on by both fighters as far as promoting this fight. Without all the antics by Mcgregor half the pay per view sales wouldn't have been there. MMA is entertainment that needs all the 'drama' and Mcgregor just brought that to this fight. That was the plan from day one. I am also quite sure that Mayweather was involved in it from day one. They are both smiling on their way to the bank.

As far as the fight was concerned Mcgregor did fight a good fight no matter what you think. The odds were stacked against him and no one gave him a chance. Oh, it will be over in 5 or 6 rounds. Mcgregor wont get a punch in. Mcgregor wont win a round. He has no chance. Well he did win more than a round. He lasted into the 10th round. And he did connect on a few really good punches. He walked into an arena he had never walked into. He had never carried the weight of the boxing glove. He had never fought a fight that required him to go as long as a boxing fight. He was out of his element while Mayweather was in his.

Looking like a KING??  Over a fighter that was ill prepared ?  Nonsense.

You forgot the part where McGregor is the one who thought he could box...Mayweather didn't go to MMA declaring he's some great fighter and could beat a champion.

This is on McGregor...Next time, he shouldn't rush to a sport he has no training in just cause he fights MMA...He didn't want to be a boxer and work his way up. His ego is so big, he went straight for a champion and got made into a joke.

I'm not biased against him...He's an *, and got made into one tonight. Anyone that studies boxing knew very well he was going to get beat, and this was so predictable. I called a TKO...Most Mayweather fights are slow like this. I take it that you've never watched any of his fights. He toys with his opponents early on, and then unleashes around the later rounds...Mayweather fights his way, and mostly is giving people their money's worth. There is never fast knock outs in his fights.  

I love how everyone keeps bringing up MMA. Totally different sport and irrelevant since McGregor is the one who went into boxing thinking he was something just cause of his MMA record...Mayweather was going to murder him tonight until that fight was called. Yes, he made Mayweather look like a king tonight...He hasn't been able to work someone over that bloody in years, and thanks to this clown, he was able to. 

Maybe now that he got the beating he deserved, his ego can go down and he can be a normal person again...I'm so glad this guy lost, cause he definitely deserved it after calling him a monkey.

50 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

You forgot the part where McGregor is the one who thought he could box...Mayweather didn't go to MMA declaring he's some great fighter and could beat a champion.

This is on McGregor...Next time, he shouldn't rush to a sport he has no training in just cause he fights MMA...He didn't want to be a boxer and work his way up. His ego is so big, he went straight for a champion and got made into a joke.

I'm not biased against him...He's an *, and got made into one tonight. Anyone that studies boxing knew very well he was going to get beat, and this was so predictable. I called a TKO...Most Mayweather fights are slow like this. I take it that you've never watched any of his fights. He toys with his opponents early on, and then unleashes around the later rounds...Mayweather fights his way, and mostly is giving people their money's worth. There is never fast knock outs in his fights.  

I love how everyone keeps bringing up MMA. Totally different sport and irrelevant since McGregor is the one who went into boxing thinking he was something just cause of his MMA record...Mayweather was going to murder him tonight until that fight was called. Yes, he made Mayweather look like a king tonight...He hasn't been able to work someone over that bloody in years, and thanks to this clown, he was able to. 

Maybe now that he got the beating he deserved, his ego can go down and he can be a normal person again...I'm so glad this guy lost, cause he definitely deserved it after calling him a monkey.

Nonsense if you can comprehend my point.

57 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

The past 3-4 months have all been a set up. You actually think McGregor thought he would've won? Someone had to be the villain to make it more compelling. He was talking just to hear himself talk to hype people up it worked a little I guess. Then we watched what was supposed to happen. The beginning had us "hooked like a good book. "McGregor wins the first 3 rounds!" Gotta give the fans what they want right (Super Bowl) then we'll follow the script as follows. Good job both men. The Rich just got Richer this morning. 

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wow, bitter much?  Lasted 10 rounds with a 40 year old champ that came out of retirement, who hadn't "Legitimately"(not counting Ortiz fight) TKO'd anyone in ten years? Yeahhhh no. Two things are apparent here:

1.You don't watch boxing or have never boxed.

2.You didn't watch the fight.

Mayweather TOYED with him for 10 rounds, never even showed a sign of being hurt or gassed! Mcgregor was gassed after the third round, breathing through his mouth and not throwing anything significant. Mcgregor even said this post fight. His plan failed, he wasn't fighting Jose Aldo.

Like I said in original post, put Mcgregor against a young boxer in his prime, and he loses in devastating fashion. Common sense. Mayweather even said it was all part of the plan, he even mentioned this after the fight....basic boxing, let them come in and wear themselves out, then pick them apart. Same strategy that  has been used for years. I believe the only reason it went into the 10th was to give the people their monies worth. Of course this was a big spectacle, only an * would turn down the opportunity to make this much money win/lose!!!!!

It was entertaining, well worth my $20, but anyone who isn't a UFC/Mcgregor homer knew what the outcome would be.  Then you get this "oh he wouldn't last a second in MMA blah blah sour grapes" excuse......Really? A guy who's not trained in martial arts, wrestling, or jujitsu wouldn't stand a chance in the octagon? Gee who'd a thunk it? Maybe I missed it, but did Mayweather go into the UFC proclaiming he would destroy one of thier best fighters? Nope...This was all Mcgregor and that * Dana White at first then Mayweather jumped on the money train. I'm a huge fan of MMA and it has definitely killed boxing in popularity since it's mainstream success, but I'm starting to lose a lot of respect for it due to this recent clown show put on by Dana White.

Did I mention I really don't like Mayweather either? lol.

3 hours ago, Synthetic said:

I agree with everything posted here other then the last part.... when Nate Diaz made him tap out after he purposely gave up his back, in a fight he was supposed to win, he came back as cocky and arrogant as ever.  When he got the decision after their second fight(that he didn't win IMO) it just fed his ego even more. I get it, he likes to play the villain role, that's his schtick and he's good at it, it makes him millions. He is UFCs version of Mayweather.