Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The money involved in this is insane. 

No way Mayweather loses. He is one of the greatest boxers to ever live. McGregor is bigger and pretty nifty with his hands as far as MMA fighters go, but there is no amount of training between now and then that puts him near Mayweather's level with boxing gloves on. I doubt McGregor lands many, if any, clean shots.

It would be the exact opposite in the octagon, where Mayweather would be easy pickins for even a lower tier mixed martial artist. McGregor would submit him or kick him into unconsciousness in the first round with little difficulty. 

Watch the Diaz/Mcgregor fights, Mcregor doesn't have the strongest chin, got rocked then submitted the first fight, and got beat again IMO the second fight that went to decision. He struggles against good boxers, and will miss being able to use his kicks/elbows. If Floyd peppers him up a little then rocks him, it will be lights out for the flamboyant Irishman, and it could be a short fight. I really don't like either of them,  but can't see how Mayweather loses.

This is a suckers card. Why would anyone pay to watch this. Mayweather will hold him up for 5 or 6 rds and then put him down. Mayweather will have no problems with him. This is just dumb. At least make this the spectacle that it is...make it a 10rd fight...7rds boxing and if Mcgregor can last 7 then Floyd has to do mma for the last 3. At least then Floyd would have to knock him out and open himself up because it isn't a fair fight. At least with the prospect three rounds of mma at the end I could see the thrill of watching to see if Connor can survive....but this is just dumb as is.

For McGregor to win, He will have to knock him out with that huge left hand.

Boxing is a sport where you get together and hold each other.  If he makes that happen, Mayweather will blast him.  

I would like to see it.  Mayweather in 4.  TKO.

On 6/16/2017 at 5:01 AM, GOZER said:

Watch the Diaz/Mcgregor fights, Mcregor doesn't have the strongest chin, got rocked then submitted the first fight, and got beat again IMO the second fight that went to decision. He struggles against good boxers, and will miss being able to use his kicks/elbows. If Floyd peppers him up a little then rocks him, it will be lights out for the flamboyant Irishman, and it could be a short fight. I really don't like either of them,  but can't see how Mayweather loses.

This^^^^^^^^^:thmup:

On 6/17/2017 at 7:44 AM, BrentMc11 said:

For McGregor to win, He will have to knock him out with that huge left hand.

Boxing is a sport where you get together and hold each other.  If he makes that happen, Mayweather will blast him.  

I would like to see it.  Mayweather in 4.  TKO.

I like Connor and don't think much of Mayersther as a person. Floyd is a great fighter. You don't just jump in the ring with the best boxer of his era with zero boxing experience.. He has zero chance of winning and will be lucky to land a clean shot. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think this fight is a joke. It is only being fought because of money.

Not for the good of the sport that's for sure.

Personally I wouldn't give one red cent to watch this so called fight.

I wish it was a cage match and not boxing. A cage match might've been exciting at least.

32 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I wish it was a cage match and not boxing. A cage match might've been exciting at least.

Mayweather would have not gone for that. We know he don't take any fight if he is not favored. His whole career has gone that way and he is not going to change.

I don't necessarily think Floyd will knock him out.  Conner is one tough dude and it could go all rounds.  Floyd will probably just utilize his typical defensive boxing, not leave himself exposed and just out jab Conner significantly to win unanimously.  I don't think Conner will be as nearly outmatched for example as if Floyd went into the Octagon which would end in the first round by submission, stoppage or KO. 

I really want to watch it but I sure as heck don't want to pay for it.  The whole thing is just a money rig designed to get both men rich. 

21 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

I don't necessarily think Floyd will knock him out.  Conner is one tough dude and it could go all rounds.  Floyd will probably just utilize his typical defensive boxing, not leave himself exposed and just out jab Conner significantly to win unanimously.  I don't think Conner will be as nearly outmatched for example as if Floyd went into the Octagon which would end in the first round by submission, stoppage or KO. 

I really want to watch it but I sure as heck don't want to pay for it.  The whole thing is just a money rig designed to get both men rich. 

Connor is not a professional boxer and being tough isn't going to help him. This isn't going to be competitive. Floyd will carve him up and never get hit. Boxing is skilled sport. I wouldn't spend money on it will be a one sided snoozer.

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

Connor is not a professional boxer and being tough isn't going to help him. This isn't going to be competitive. Floyd will carve him up and never get hit. Boxing is skilled sport. I wouldn't spend money on it will be a one sided snoozer.

Yeah I don't think it will be competitive as well but that doesn't mean Conner will get knocked out also.  It's not like Floyd has knocked anyone out since 2011.  He's just going dance, fight defensively and land 15-1 in jabs and win unanimously.  It will most likely be a snoozer indeed.  I still wouldn't mind watching it but not wanting to pay for it.  Maybe Conner will get ejected with a leg kick or a take down haha . 

On 6/19/2017 at 4:55 PM, GOZER said:

A cage match would be as much of a joke as this "boxing" match.

Yeah a cage match would be the complete opposite.  Conner would just break his leg with his kicks, submit him, or KO him in the first round.  There's really no way for this to work out fairly for either side.  It's just a $$$ racket in the end. 

On 6/18/2017 at 9:34 PM, RockThatBlue said:

It would be exciting if you can't stand Floyd like myself or are a huge Conner fan lol.  It would be too brutal and quick for Floyd though.  We know Floyd would never do something that little in his favor. 

I don't think any sane person would say Mayweather will lose, but I bet Conor will do better than expected. Sure hes not technically a boxer, but its not like there is no boxing involved in the UFC. He will get some hits in I think, just not enough

I'm no boxing expert, but like many have already said, Mayweather wins this bout. No knockout though. Floyd rarely puts opponents to sleep at his age. 

I'd like Conner to pull off an upset, but you don't just become Ali overnight in a new sport. 

2 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I don't think it will be competitive as well but that doesn't mean Conner will get knocked out also.  It's not like Floyd has knocked anyone out since 2011.  He's just going dance, fight defensively and land 15-1 in jabs and win unanimously.  It will most likely be a snoozer indeed.  I still wouldn't mind watching it but not wanting to pay for it.  Maybe Conner will get ejected with a leg kick or a take down haha . 

That's the thing that could happen is McGregor gets frustrated and pulls some MMA moves. I heard there are some very harsh penalties in the contract if that happens. McGregor knows the deal. This is going to be more like a WWF match than anything else. Connor will get his biggest pay day I'm sure.

Those who think he has a punchers chance don't know much about boxing. Floyd can fight a real boxer in a phone both and roll every punch never getting hit cleanly. He's not catching one from McGregor. This has been done before Too Tall Jones comes to mind. 

This fight is going to be a joke. McGregor is not trained whatsoever in boxing and is going up against one of the masters just cause his ego is through the roof. Neither of these guys are likable whatsoever, but that's beyond the point. I won't be shocked if Mayweather knocks him out. This could get ugly fast. Mayweather in a K.O., it won't go the full 15 rounds. 

Huge waste of money for anyone who is paying for this. I hope Mayweather K.O.s this clown so he can complain in the media about it and talk about how he would win in a cage fight. I can't stand either of these guys, but McGregor has such an ego, I cannot stand listening to him whatsoever in interviews. 

17 hours ago, akcolt said:

Those who think he has a punchers chance don't know much about boxing. Floyd can fight a real boxer in a phone both and roll every punch never getting hit cleanly. He's not catching one from McGregor. This has been done before Too Tall Jones comes to mind. 

Been around boxing, both in and out of the ring, for most of my life, so I know a good amount about the sport. The term "puncher's chance" is reserved for fighters who are severely outmatched by their opponent, but still have enough power to KO them at any given moment. 

Mcgregor has the power and speed to land a devastating knock out blow if Mayweather makes a mistake or just doesn't respect his power(ala Aldo). Yes Aldo is nowhere near on Mayweathers level, but is a professional fighter and had a gameplan that was ended in the opening seconds of their fight. Mayweathers been rocked more then once, so it's not impossible. As I said before, I dislike them both and wish they'd both lose somehow, but to say Mcgregor doesn't have a punchers chance is silly, IMO.

All I see are :cash:... the rich get richer.. 

That's like us getting hyped for Aaron Rodgers vs Lebron James one on one game.

I would watch. but don't have 150 bucks to drop on this. If Mayweather actually "fought" Mcgregor could have a chance. but since you don't have to "fight" in boxing.. Floyd will play defense on a guy who can't even play offense all night.. blahh

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:39 PM, akcolt said:

That's the thing that could happen is McGregor gets frustrated and pulls some MMA moves. I heard there are some very harsh penalties in the contract if that happens. McGregor knows the deal. This is going to be more like a WWF match than anything else. Connor will get his biggest pay day I'm sure.

Too Tall Jones was an ex football player. How does that relate to this fight? McGregor has a bunch of experience as a fighter (not a boxer) where Too Tall rally didn't have experience at all except a couple of scrubs.

I just don't see the comparison being alike.

16 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

All I see are :cash:... the rich get richer.. 

That's like us getting hyped for Aaron Rodgers vs Lebron James one on one game.

I would watch. but don't have 150 bucks to drop on this. If Mayweather actually "fought" Mcgregor could have a chance. but since you don't have to "fight" in boxing.. Floyd will play defense on a guy who can't even play offense all night.. blahh

I would consider paying to see this fight if all the even numbered rounds were cage and the add numbered rounds were boxing. Now that might be worth the price to see.

But we all know Mayweather would never take a fight he wasn't heavily favored. He never has and is not about to start.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-06-21 at 5:37 AM, Synthetic said:

This fight is going to be a joke. McGregor is not trained whatsoever in boxing and is going up against one of the masters just cause his ego is through the roof. Neither of these guys are likable whatsoever, but that's beyond the point. I won't be shocked if Mayweather knocks him out. This could get ugly fast. Mayweather in a K.O., it won't go the full 15 rounds. 

Huge waste of money for anyone who is paying for this. I hope Mayweather K.O.s this clown so he can complain in the media about it and talk about how he would win in a cage fight. I can't stand either of these guys, but McGregor has such an ego, I cannot stand listening to him whatsoever in interviews. 

Now that you mention it, I think that could actually be an interesting marketing plan.  McGregor takes the fall in the boxing ring, then yells and screams about how he would win in the cage, prompting another fight, and thus more money for both guys?

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, Dennis P. James said:

This is going to be an awesome event.

I know people would complain if they charged for a press conference, and now people are complaining that its free?
I am excited about the media coverage of this and the fight, I am a fan of all things combat.

I feel the media coverage and the talk will be the most interesting aspect of this whole ordeal. Fighting aside, McGregor and Floyd are masters at promoting their own fights. However, the fight itself isn't good for the sport of boxing. It won't be worth watching once the opening bell sounds imo.

On June 21, 2017 at 6:37 AM, Synthetic said:

I actually like Conor as a trash talker. He's very entertaining. While I agree that Mayweather will win the fight in the end Bogie, there's no way a 40 something yr old boxer is knocking McGregor out. I'll never believe that in a million years. 

Man, I would love to see Mayweather get his caboose kicked. I have zero respect for that guy. 

After watching a few of the pressers for the fight on YouTube, the "Mcgregor/Mayweather world tour," I must say, these two are an embarrassment to Boxing and MMA. Seriously, it's been like a comedy tour, or a clown show. Each one gets a turn "roasting" each other and running around stage acting a fool screaming and trying to act tough, what a joke. Then their entourages getting into it with each other, so dumb. Yes I've watched boxing/mma pressers before, these are different, absolute joke. Dana white has become Don King, selling the integrity of the sport out for the almighty dollar. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole things rigged.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:43 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Now that you mention it, I think that could actually be an interesting marketing plan.  McGregor takes the fall in the boxing ring, then yells and screams about how he would win in the cage, prompting another fight, and thus more money for both guys?

Except for the fact that Mayweather would never agree to any fight where he didn't have the clear cut advantage. He never has and is not going to start now.

45 minutes ago, GOZER said:

After watching a few of the pressers for the fight on YouTube, the "Mcgregor/Mayweather world tour," I must say, these two are an embarrassment to Boxing and MMA. Seriously, it's been like a comedy tour, or a clown show. Each one gets a turn "roasting" each other and running around stage acting a fool screaming and trying to act tough, what a joke. Then their entourages getting into it with each other, so dumb. Yes I've watched boxing/mma pressers before, these are different, absolute joke. Dana white has become Don King, selling the integrity of the sport out for the almighty dollar. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole things rigged.

It has become Boxing/MMA meeting WWE.  Vince McMahon would be very proud.