Peyton And Irsay Meeting Tonight

esidery

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, don't read anything into the visit to Duke. The PFT article made it sound like he was there b/c he did want to be at the Colts facility.

You can't stop me! This clearly means that the Panthers want to sign Peyton as soon as the Colts cut him (they are working out the contract details now), and then trade Cam Newton to the Giants for Eli. They will then lobby the competition committee this offseason to allow for play with two balls and invent the double-QB offense. The Panthers will score the first double TD in NFL history. Do I have a future as a sports journalist?

Oh that's right. For winter Indiana is EST isn't it? I wouldn't know since I don't live there.

Since Indiana started observing Daylight Saving Time back around 2005ish, they are always on the same time as the east coast.

Yes, I said I was mistaken. I have always thought Indiana was in the Central time zone, but I just looked it up. Color me surprised.

Parts of Indiana are in the Central time zone. The northwest corner is on Central time to synch up with Chicago. The southwest tail is also on Central time because.......well, I don't know why, but it is. Indy is on Eastern time, though.

The "as,e person"? What does that mean?

If you are getting your info from Twitter, you probably shouldn't act as if you have inside information. A tweeter who wouldn't know you from a hole in the ground is no more a "source" than Rich Eisen would be my "friend" just because I find him amusing.

first off don't criticize info just passing along info from colts insider @coltsinsider I meant to type same person, mac

You didn't recognize Daylight Savings? Lol What? I guess you learn something new everyday.

Yeah, I thought you knew that based on your comment. That's why Indiana used to only be on the same time as the east cost during the winter. Indiana used to be on EST year round. When the east coast shifted to EDT, Indiana would stay on EST which is the same as CDT. So we would be on the same time as New York during the winter and the same time as Chicago/Saint Louis during the summer. That changed around 2005ish because Daylight Saving Time was "vital to improving the Indiana economy." Thanks Mitch Daniels.

I remember an episode of the West Wing where the president's staff missed their plane because they forgot that at that time only "parts of Indiana" observed daylight savings time.

I missed the Greyhound bus back to Missouri one year because the time change happened while I was home from college for spring break. Because Indiana didn't change time, the bus schedule in Indiana had to shift by an hour to keep it synchronized with all the other states. I was completely unaware of that, showed up an hour late for my bus, and missed a day of class because they only ran one bus a day.

Yeah, I thought you knew that based on your comment. That's why Indiana used to only be on the same time as the east cost during the winter. Indiana used to be on EST year round. When the east coast shifted to EDT, Indiana would stay on EST which is the same as CDT. So we would be on the same time as New York during the winter and the same time as Chicago/Saint Louis during the summer. That changed around 2005ish because Daylight Saving Time was "vital to improving the Indiana economy." Thanks Mitch Daniels.

I knew it shifted. Just never put two and two together. Silly me.

From @jimirsay:

With hearing aids,sound is louder,but sum still don't listen"All lies n jest,cause a man hears what he wants to hear,n disregard's the rest"

Sounds to me like he's poking fun at the commentators all guessing and pretending they know what's going on. They are the loudest, of course, those who want Peyton gone. It makes for a great story. They are picking and choosing what they want to hear, and disregarding the simple truth that Irsay has said Manning stays if he wants to, money is no object, and Peyton himself has made clear where he wants to be.

From @jimirsay:

Sounds to me like he's poking fun at the commentators all guessing and pretending they know what's going on. They are the loudest, of course, those who want Peyton gone. It makes for a great story. They are picking and choosing what they want to hear, and disregarding the simple truth that Irsay has said Manning stays if he wants to, money is no object, and Peyton himself has made clear where he wants to be.

the latter half of the tweet are lyrics from Paul Simon's The Boxer.

This clearly means that the Panthers want to sign Peyton as soon as the Colts cut him (they are working out the contract details now), and then trade Cam Newton to the Giants for Eli. They will then lobby the competition committee this offseason to allow for play with two balls and invent the double-QB offense. The Panthers will score the first double TD in NFL history. Do I have a future as a sports journalist?

you must be that credible sourse close to the team that is always mentioned by talking heads.

first off don't criticize info just passing along info from colts insider @coltsinsider I meant to type same person, mac

Sorry. I had a couple of your updates regarding unnamed sources in the back of my mind in saying that, but maybe they were just irreverent. You DID obviously state where you got this tidbit at the top of the thread.

You can't stop me! This clearly means that the Panthers want to sign Peyton as soon as the Colts cut him (they are working out the contract details now), and then trade Cam Newton to the Giants for Eli. They will then lobby the competition committee this offseason to allow for play with two balls and invent the double-QB offense. The Panthers will score the first double TD in NFL history. Do I have a future as a sports journalist?

Absolutely not! This does not even approach or hint of being at the standards to be considered journalism or something written by a legitimate journalist.

You would, however, make an excellent blogger.

It is easy to be at Duke and make the meeting back in Indy. a flight from NC to Indy probably takes an hour. Subtract the hour in time zones. Peyton just time traveled. boom

My vote for best post of the night....."boom"...I likey lol

But with that said I'm from Illinois and when we travel to Indiana we lose an hour

Still love the post tho

Dude, I could listen to that song endlessly as an adult!

Zappa was a rock genius. His style was and still is completely separate from any genre in music. I remember back in the 70's, my parents would be jammin his albums on their quadraphonic stereo system, a haze a pleasant smelling smoke rolling around. Once I got my Luke Skywalker action figure stuck in my dads 2 footer. My dads reaction was a mixture of being upset that I was playing with his "things" and embarrassment. I'll never forget how my Luke reeked for weeks and me wondering why he stunk like that. Ahhhh....the 70's, things were different then.

Absolutely not! This does not even approach or hint of being at the standards to be considered journalism or something written by a legitimate journalist.

You would, however, make an excellent blogger.

Sorry, but as currently practiced journalism has no standards and if you look up oxy^fool^ in the dictionary the phrase 'legitimate journalist" is listed as the primary and best example.

Zappa was a rock genius. His style was and still is completely separate from any genre in music. I remember back in the 70's, my parents would be jammin his albums on their quadraphonic stereo system, a haze a pleasant smelling smoke rolling around. Once I got my Luke Skywalker action figure stuck in my dads 2 footer. My dads reaction was a mixture of being upset that I was playing with his "things" and embarrassment. I'll never forget how my Luke reeked for weeks and me wondering why he stunk like that. Ahhhh....the 70's, things were different then.

That's one way to feel the force...