Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Thank You!

Lucky Colts Fan

Dear Colts Forums Administrators and Moderators,

Holy cow, thank you all so much for providing this forum for all of us.  I thought it would be fun to visit some other fan forums to see how they are handling the off-season, so I went to the official sites of the other teams, and do you know how many other official team sites I found with a fan forum?  Two, the Falcons and Jags, and the Jags forum didn't even work when I clicked on it!  I don't know why that is, but I am very grateful that the Colts have a fan forum on the official website.  I feel bad for all the fans of other teams besides the Colts and Falcons.  If they want to participate in a fan forum for their team, they don't have an "adult" forum sponsored by their team, they basically have to go to the "children's" forum and deal with a bunch of nasty kids.  It's like Lord of the Flies out there.

So I ventured even farther and visited some independent forums and message boards.  I don't want to attack specific forums, but as an example, there were some Pats forums where I couldn't believe what I was reading.  It was crazy.  The handful of moderators basically ruled the forum like dictators, banning users that disagree with them, relegating users to what amounts to message board jail and not letting them post anywhere but the "shame" message board.  This leads to a forum being ruled by a handful of like-minded people, and a flock of sheep that agree with everything they say.  What made is so surreal was that the moderators were some of the most childish, immature and offensive posters, and they're in charge!?!  It was perverse.  It is basically the opposite of what a fan forum should be.

You guys/ladies do an amazing job of maintaining this forum, while participating and keeping the rest of us in line, without dominating the conversation or shaming people with different views.  This forum, while it gets a little testy once in a while, remains civil and respectful of ALL members.  Everyone is allowed to participate and share their opinion without fear of being ridiculed, jailed, shamed, and eventually banned by obnoxious immature moderators.  I never realized how Lucky we all are until today.

So, Big Thank You,

:thanks:  :hug:  :hat:  :heart:  :cheer:  :applause:  :td:  :cheer2:  :scoregood:  :colts:

Sincerely and gratefully,

Lucky Colts Fan

:clover:

9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Holy cow, thank you all so much for providing this forum for all of us.  I thought it would be fun to visit some other fan forums to see how they are handling the off-season, so I went to the official sites of the other teams, and do you know how many other official team sites I found with a fan forum?  Two, the Falcons and Jags, and the Jags forum didn't even work when I clicked on it!  I don't know why that is, but I am very grateful that the Colts have a fan forum on the official website.  I feel bad for all the fans of other teams besides the Colts and Falcons.  If they want to participate in a fan forum for their team, they don't have an "adult" forum sponsored by their team, they basically have to go to the "children's" forum and deal with a bunch of nasty kids.  It's like Lord of the Flies out there.

So I ventured even farther and visited some independent forums and message boards.  I don't want to attack specific forums, but as an example, there were some Pats forums where I couldn't believe what I was reading.  It was crazy.  The handful of moderators basically ruled the forum like dictators, banning users that disagree with them, relegating users to what amounts to message board jail and not letting them post anywhere but the "shame" message board.  This leads to a forum being ruled by a handful of like-minded people, and a flock of sheep that agree with everything they say.  What made is so surreal was that the moderators were some of the most childish, immature and offensive posters, and they're in charge!?!  It was perverse.  It is basically the opposite of what a fan forum should be.

You guys/ladies do an amazing job of maintaining this forum, while participating and keeping the rest of us in line, without dominating the conversation or shaming people with different views.  This forum, while it gets a little testy once in a while, remains civil and respectful of ALL members.  Everyone is allowed to participate and share their opinion without fear of being ridiculed, jailed, shamed, and eventually banned by obnoxious immature moderators.  I never realized how Lucky we all are until today.

So, Big Thank You,

:thanks:  :hug:  :hat:  :heart:  :cheer:  :applause:  :td:  :cheer2:  :scoregood:  :colts:

Lucky Colts Fan

Jags discontinued their old forum.   Have gone with a new social media format.  Not sure where the new link is but they have a new space.

Thank you

It really takes all of us posters and moderators to keep things as they are.  We have our ups and downs but overall things go pretty well.

Thanks to all who have helped to pass the time during the off season!

1 hour ago, life long said:

Indeed most online forums are run by the completely biased trolls, who simply mock and name call those who disagree. Lol never venture to a pats forum for your own mental stability. 

35 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I bet the Pats  fans trashed their team after that Superbowl win. They were probably saying, "Why didn't we win by more than 40 points?"

They treat each other worse than I've ever seen any of us treat a Pats fan in our forum.  When I entered their forum, I was like:

Image result for shocked when entering room gif

39 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I bet the Pats  fans trashed their team after that Superbowl win. They were probably saying, "Why didn't we win by more than 40 points?"

Nah, they aren't that dumb. They only trash their long time kicker after he misses an extra point in the AFC championship game. They also love trashing black athletes like Joel Ward, Adam Jones, CC Sabathia, and love throwing trash on the ice when they get eliminated.

I'm glad our efforts make this place enjoyable for everyone.  Speaking for myself, I'm part of a great team of mods who put in a lot of effort into making things run very smoothly.  At the end of the day, we all want a civil and mature place to discuss football, which I think we have here.  If my understanding is correct, and @Nadine can correct me if it's not, we consistently have one of the most active/busy forums in the NFL.  It's a great place to be thanks to the mod team and the members.  I'm glad to hear people are enjoying their time on here!

7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I should have mentioned the Administrators and Moderators in my OP:

@Nadine

@Jj

@21isSuperman

@B-B

@Blackhawk4

@Buck Showalter

@ColtsBlueFL

@MTC

@mycolts

@RockThatBlue

@Steamboat_Shaun

@SteelCityColt

@Superman

Ya'll are the best!

It's a great place to be. We don't all agree all the time, but we're all rooting and hoping for the same ultimate goal, another Lombardi trophy in Indy. I'm not really sure what I'd do to pass the time & get my fix in the offseason if it weren't for the forum.

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The Broncos forum is pretty solid, very similar to ours from a traffic and overall content standpoint. Living in CO and personally knowing so many of their fans, I like to keep tabs on the Donkeys, especially since we seem to play them every year.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/

3 hours ago, life long said:

Indeed most online forums are run by the completely biased trolls, who simply mock and name call those who disagree. Lol never venture to a pats forum for your own mental stability. 

We run into that problem with new members who expect it to be like that here and are sometimes outraged that they need to dial it back.

Like it's not manly or something

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The Broncos forum is pretty solid, very similar to ours from a traffic and overall content standpoint. Living in CO and personally knowing so many of their fans, I like to keep tabs on the Donkeys, especially since we seem to play them every year.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/

one of my husbands best friends lives there.  They have been taunting each other for years, well before manning went there.  That upped his friends game for sure.

6 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So, Big Thank You,

Lucky Colts Fan

Great post and I agree 100%! Definitely the top sports forum on the internet! Basically everyone here is a solid poster and adds something of value we can all learn from (same opinions or not). Usually a lot of fun and intelligent conversation, and it gets really fun when the games start. Lets hope for the best this year and keep the forum going at a high level! Great thread!

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Great post and I agree 100%! Definitely the top sports forum on the internet! Basically everyone here is a solid poster and adds something of value we can all learn from (same opinions or not). Usually a lot of fun and intelligent conversation, and it gets really fun when the games start. Lets hope for the best this year and keep the forum going at a high level! Great thread!

There a lot of guests on a regular basis too.  Once I saw over 700 guests on this forum at once.  I thought I misread the number, but there were like 722 guests on here at one time.  Incredible.

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

There a lot of guests on a regular basis too.  Once I saw over 700 guests on this forum at once.  I thought I misread the number, but there were like 722 guests on here at one time.  Incredible.

I joined in early 2014 I believe. I started chiming in around draft time after the SB and was giving predictions like Clowney would be a bust, and Khalil Mack would be the top player in the draft. Everyone thought I was crazy at the time. Just have to stand your ground and back up your claims with some good debate and you'll be fine here! :) 

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

None of us on here are related, but we are definitely a family.

That probably best encapsulates the allure of the forum & why so many people keep coming back. 

I just like the wide range of topics the regulars come up with from the Colts SB prospects, to baseball, to celebrity crushes, to the make me smile thread. 

Honestly, I keep returning because so many members are knowledgable, kind, funnier then hades, & they make you feel welcome & not foolish regardless of your football expertise or lack thereof. 

As corny as it sounds, we care about each other & some of my best friends on here have other teams as their favorite #1 squad. The forum fits any mood--A serious X's & O's discussion of our OL, DL, or secondary; A real life thread where you can talk about personal struggles; An Indiana history thread; or just create your own topic & let us know what's on your mind kind of thing. 

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Usually a lot of fun and intelligent conversation, and it gets really fun when the games start.

Well said Jared. One of the reasons I respect Jared a lot is that he isn't afraid to say controversial things. He's not trying to antagonize anybody. He just believes what he believes, sticks to his guns, & he will gladly tell you politely how & why he came to the conclusion he did. 

The other cool thing generally is this: Once the regulars get to know you & if you say something shortsighted say the day before & ruffle a few feathers; they let stuff go & just chalk it up to having a bad day & nothing more. Translation: People tend to say their peace & they don't hold onto to lingering grudges with other members longterm & I like that.