Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Now Understand Why Colt Fans Cringe..

JimJaime

When a Baltimore Ravens fans comments, I am on their board defending robert Kraft and I get comments like this:

1. She died because she couldn't stand being associated with such a team.

2. She was a ***** lets say rhymes with Ore.

3. Bob Kraft is classless since he took that Cundiff Ball I am glad his wife died.

My Fav:

4. Ray Lewis showed class when he turned his friends in, but Kraft shows he has none when he took that ball.

Really, I feel for you guys talk about people who are just nasty, and I understand why colt fans cheer for anyone against that group they are now my #2 most hated team..

When a Baltimore Ravens fans comments, I am on their board defending robert Kraft and I get comments like this:

1. She died because she couldn't stand being associated with such a team.

2. She was a ***** lets say rhymes with Ore.

3. Bob Kraft is classless since he took that Cundiff Ball I am glad his wife died.

My Fav:

4. Ray Lewis showed class when he turned his friends in, but Kraft shows he has none when he took that ball.

Really, I feel for you guys talk about people who are just nasty, and I understand why colt fans cheer for anyone against that group they are now my #2 most hated team..

I like the Ravens and the City of Baltimore, and I have no problems with their fans. There are nimcompoops on every board.

Why exactly were you a) on a Ravens board, b) defending Robert Kraft, c) coming here to complain about it.

So now you want to commisserate with Colts fans to stir up MORE utterly pointless hatred against Baltimore? Your actions are just as ridiculous and inappropriate as the comments you are quoting.

I like the Ravens and the City of Baltimore, and I have no problems with their fans. There are nimcompoops on every board.

Why exactly were you a) on a Ravens board, b) defending Robert Kraft, c) coming here to complain about it.

So now you want to commisserate with Colts fans to stir up MORE utterly pointless hatred against Baltimore? Your actions are just as ridiculous and inappropriate as the comments you are quoting.

Nah more I wanted to vent than anything else, But:

1. I was on there before the AFCCG game and stayed and talked to them till this hole "cundiff" ball to the Pats HOF.

2, Because wasn't for Kraft the Pats would have moved YEARS ago. So feel a need protect the man kept football here.

3. Because I heard a few people here say how the ravens going to the SB been so much worse than NE and didnt understand why till this.

1. I was on there before the AFCCG game and stayed and talked to them till this hole "cundiff" ball to the Pats HOF.

2, Because wasn't for Kraft the Pats would have moved YEARS ago. So feel a need protect the man kept football here.

3. Because I heard a few people here say how the ravens going to the SB been so much worse than NE and didnt understand why till this.

Some B-More fans are harsh, but there is always in every fan base. The thing about B-more is they do not understand they are a host to a team nit the sole owners. They believe since it is there it is theirs, and forever theirs. You can hear it when they talk about Johnny. "He was our QB", "He belongs to us", or "He was made by Baltimore." Some have issues, but everyone does.

1) So you are a Pats fan? Maybe you should vent about this on a Pats board. Not only would it be more appreciated, but the other members might actually know or care about the "Cundif" ball incident. I have no idea what you are talking about. Not a big issue in Coltsville apparently.

2) From everything that I've heard, Kraft seems to be a good owner, and I have no problems with him (never give him a thought actually). I had no idea that there was ever any risk of the Patriots moving. Don't recall even hearing rumors. Once again, it's probably better to ignore these things rather than beat your head against the wall on another teams forum trying to "defend" him to a few irational loudmouths that you will never meet. They lost the game. ANY interference on your part is just going to be construed as rubbing salt in the wound. Probably not appreciated. Would you appreciate Giants fans going up to a Pats board right now to try and assign blame for the loss, or critique the post-game reactions?

3) As stated previously, there are nincompoops on every board. The vast majority of people stated over and over that the Patriots were the team that they'd least like to see win the SB in Indy. Many people (in particular fans from before the move to Indy) were hoping the Ravens would make it.

I've never lived in Maryland or Indiana, but I've loved the Colts since I was a child - well before the move. I can see both sides easier than someone who lives in one place or the other. I would be willing to bet that the default position of 100% of Indiana residents who love the Colts is that they neither think or care about Maryland residents at all. What happens is that occasionally you get stories about people in Maryland hating people in Indiana for taking their team, and a small percentage of those Indiana people respond by going "well if you are going to hate us, than we're going to hate you right back, even if we have no logical basis for feeling anything except sympathy and a little guilt". Some people would rather feel hate than guilt, it's easier. It has NOTHING WHAT SO EVER to do with your experience on the Ravens, board, nor does the totality of the contact between any Colts fan or Pats fan with any Ravens fan say ANYTHING about the character of people living in Maryland. Such gross generalizations might as well be trolling.

@MAC I wasn't trying cause problems, I been on this board for years, and find most posters here better than other boards, including Pats boards. Believe it or not we have a lot of fans who are just annoyingly obnoxious lol.

But you are right I should have ignored them, I just got the email about the post so I went and read it, prbl not a smart idea RIGHT AFTER the SB lost lol

I'm not old enough to hate on Baltimore (I was -3 when the Colts moved in 1984).

I do agree that those were low blows towards the Kraft family, though. I assume what you mean about the "Cundiff ball" is Kraft keeping the ball from the missed feild goal. Is that right? That is kinda a low blow (I doubt Pittsburgh enshrined a Vanderjagt ball), but Kraft has more class than most owners today.

@MAC I wasn't trying cause problems, I been on this board for years, and find most posters here better than other boards, including Pats boards. Believe it or not we have a lot of fans who are just annoyingly obnoxious lol.

But you are right I should have ignored them, I just got the email about the post so I went and read it, prbl not a smart idea RIGHT AFTER the SB lost lol

Sorry if I over-reacted. I just get a little tired of the anti-Baltimore sentiment. I will say one other thing though - it sounds like that Ravens board doesn't have very strong moderation. People here occasionally try to say similarly inapropriate stuff, but it doesn't get far thank goodness. I wouldn't be here myself if it was totally wild and wooly. Not good for your blood pressure. :)

I'm not old enough to hate on Baltimore (I was -3 when the Colts moved in 1984).

I do agree that those were low blows towards the Kraft family, though. I assume what you mean about the "Cundiff ball" is Kraft keeping the ball from the missed feild goal. Is that right? That is kinda a low blow (I doubt Pittsburgh enshrined a Vanderjagt ball), but Kraft has more class than most owners today.

We should find that ball, and blow it up. Like the '03 Cubs did when the "fan" interfered with Moises Alou that could have sent them to the World Series. I was heated, as were every other Cub fans, they scored 8 runs that inning because of that.

JimJaime, I know you have been around the Colts board for years and have been a great contributor. I hope you read Rick Reilly's column on ESPN because the Boston media and some fans are reacting in a totally inappropriate manner towards the Patriot players and Belicheck. It is amazing that people go this far over a form of entertainment.

Sorry if I over-reacted. I just get a little tired of the anti-Baltimore sentiment. I will say one other thing though - it sounds like that Ravens board doesn't have very strong moderation. People here occasionally try to say similarly inapropriate stuff, but it doesn't get far thank goodness. I wouldn't be here myself if it was totally wild and wooly. Not good for your blood pressure. :)

I think you're being a little hard on the guy. When someone -- anyone -- says that Myra Kraft died because she didn't want to be associated with the Patriots anymore, they deserve a lot more than a little complaint on a message board.

Hmm I appear to be banned from the ravens forum now lol.. But be honest I prbl was using bad word. Like I said need breath when reading football now a raw wound. And to answer another post we have a. Lot of spoiled fans and shock for rating radio guys. I am a felger thinker on the game hate the bad plays love the players.

I think you're being a little hard on the guy. When someone -- anyone -- says that Myra Kraft died because she didn't want to be associated with the Patriots anymore, they deserve a lot more than a little complaint on a message board.

It's ironic that you say this in response to my apology - the point of which was to acknowledge that I was being a little hard on the guy. For one thing I didn't realize that he was a long term and well regarded member. I just saw :stir:

Let me be clear. I'm not defending the posters comments on the Ravens board. I called them a simple name because the more appropriate expressions of disgust are, well, inappropriate. Frankly anyone who would say ANY of those horrible "Myra" comments about ANYONE is likely either an incredibly mean spirited troll, or devoid of compassion and empathy (whether because they are too young for it to have evolved, too stupid to think that it matters, or simply mentally ill - we can't tell from where we are sitting). If I saw anything like that here I would turn blue in the face and then report the post. Getting into an argument with someone capable of that level of dysfunction simply isn't worth it.

However, that really has nothing to do with why I responded. What I took issue with, and still take issue with is the:

"Really, I feel for you guys talk about people who are just nasty, and I understand why colt fans cheer for anyone against that group they are now my #2 most hated team.."

So because of four comments on a board he thinks he knows the character of (and dislikes) everyone associated with the Ravens - team, fans, residents of the entire state perhaps. After all, "talk about people who are just nasty"? It's not like there aren't four Pats fans or four Colts fans who aren't equally mentally challenged. Just go to the Indy Star board for five minutes. Such generalizations are just patently absurd, and starting a thread based on it is just an invitation for similar drek. I can certainly understand why he felt offended while on the Ravens board, but I suspect that he was banned there for a reason. Ignoring his comment is tantamount to agreeing with it. I don't - good member or otherwise.

It's ironic that you say this in response to my apology - the point of which was to acknowledge that I was being a little hard on the guy. For one thing I didn't realize that he was a long term and well regarded member. I just saw :stir:

Let me be clear. I'm not defending the posters comments on the Ravens board. I called them a simple name because the more appropriate expressions of disgust are, well, inappropriate. Frankly anyone who would say ANY of those horrible "Myra" comments about ANYONE is likely either an incredibly mean spirited troll, or devoid of compassion and empathy (whether because they are too young for it to have evolved, too stupid to think that it matters, or simply mentally ill - we can't tell from where we are sitting). If I saw anything like that here I would turn blue in the face and then report the post. Getting into an argument with someone capable of that level of dysfunction simply isn't worth it.

However, that really has nothing to do with why I responded. What I took issue with, and still take issue with is the:

"Really, I feel for you guys talk about people who are just nasty, and I understand why colt fans cheer for anyone against that group they are now my #2 most hated team.."

So because of four comments on a board he thinks he knows the character of (and dislikes) everyone associated with the Ravens - team, fans, residents of the entire state perhaps. After all, "talk about people who are just nasty"? It's not like there aren't four Pats fans or four Colts fans who aren't equally mentally challenged. Just go to the Indy Star board for five minutes. Such generalizations are just patently absurd, and starting a thread based on it is just an invitation for similar drek. I can certainly understand why he felt offended while on the Ravens board, but I suspect that he was banned there for a reason. Ignoring his comment is tantamount to agreeing with it. I don't - good member or otherwise.

I was just saying that I get why he wanted to blow off some steam, because just reading his post makes me upset. I'd probably have been banned also, even not being a Pats fan.

Then you kinda jumped down his throat, and complained about anti-Baltimore sentiment on a Colts board. Not all Ravens fans are devoid of common sense like the ones he's complaining about, but the fact that the Ravens fan base continues to spew hatred toward the Colts (and not just the organization, or Bob Irsay, but toward everyone associated with the Colts over the past 30 years, including Mayflower moving company, and current Colts fans who had nothing to do with what happened back then) is incredibly annoying in and of itself, considering the fact that Baltimore took the Browns from Cleveland. It's the height of hypocrisy. And Cleveland wasn't trying to wrestle control of the franchise away from Art Modell, he just wanted to move the team.

I don't think he was talking about everyone associated with the Ravens. He said they're his 2nd most hated team. He didn't say anything about "everyone associated with the Ravens." You're running with it, and a little too far.

All of that is neither here nor there. I was just saying that I thought you were being hard on him. And part of the reason I felt that way is because he is a long time member, not just someone who popped up after being banned on a Ravens board to :stir:. Not a big deal, I was just chiming in.

Robert Kraft was the lone Patriot that I felt bad for Sunday night. That image of him standing there after the ball hit the turf you could see he was in pain. He would still be in pain if Gronkowski would have somehow came up with it. He would have let a little smile come through and people would have been forcing more out of him, but he is still in pain.

Robert Kraft was the lone Patriot that I felt bad for Sunday night. That image of him standing there after the ball hit the turf you could see he was in pain. He would still be in pain if Gronkowski would have somehow came up with it. He would have let a little smile come through and people would have been forcing more out of him, but he is still in pain.

He will be in Pain for a long time, You hear him talk about his wife you can see it in his eyes. (They did an Interview on FOX 25 up here and when he talked about her it can easily bring a tear to your own eye. You can tell they were soul mates.)

To clarify they were already one of my most disliked teams because of the mouth of Suggs etc on D, this just put the team in the clear #2 spot. I did NOT mean the entire city or anyone associated with the organization. (I dont even hate the Jets that much we did get BB from them hahaha) BUT I will n ow cheer for my Pats and anyone facing the Jets or Ravens and when they face eachother I will be glad when either team loses. (I hope the steelers stomp a mudhole in them.)

Hey Jim - I just hope that experience on the Ravens board helps you to appreciate the Colts fans a little more. In general midwest folks are a little more laid back. But there are jerks everywhere.

I really have NO problem with Indy fans, and heck I was actually cheering for the Colts in both your SB appearances. We have a great rivalry but IMO the fan bases treat eachother right and realize its just a game.. (and bragging rights for whoevers team wins.)

Sports fan can be real *s especially when they can hide behind the aninimity of the internet. Also there are just trash in our population and you can never fix it.

I do not know what it is about sports, but it brings out the worst charactersics in humans.

I have said it numerous times and I am going to say it again sports fans care way to much about sports.

He will be in Pain for a long time, You hear him talk about his wife you can see it in his eyes. (They did an Interview on FOX 25 up here and when he talked about her it can easily bring a tear to your own eye. You can tell they were soul mates.)

Exactly I don't care how I feel about someone's sports team if they lose someone they love I feel bad for them.