Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

40 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Some of the Alums have voiced displeasure.   Kelly did play in a championship game a few  years ago.   Hard to fire him without a great replacement in mind

Okay, thank you. His record is much better than that of the last few head coaches. I wonder how much longer he will be allowed to coach there.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Some of the Alums have voiced displeasure.   Kelly did play in a championship game a few  years ago.   Hard to fire him without a great replacement in mind

Wonder if Urban Meyer would go there. I remember there being a bunch of rumors a few years ago that Urban would probably take that job. Of course that was before he went to OSU

But he still could be interested

1 hour ago, BoomerSooner_Colt said:

No problem. Born and raised in Oklahoma so been a Sooner fan my whole life. And thank you as well! been reading for awhile just figured it was Time to finally join lol

Great! We look forward to your contributions.

Do you follow Bradford? You might come to hate me. haha I am a Vikings fan who is not a big fan of Bradford. He is okay. Sooner fans love Bradford. Most Vikings fans like him a lot too. If there is one year that he should do well is this year. The Vikings have done everything to help him succeed.

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Wonder if Urban Meyer would go there. I remember there being a bunch of rumors a few years ago that Urban would probably take that job. Of course that was before he went to OSU

I had read that Meyer had asked Notre Dame to lower their admissions standards so that he could have a larger pool of players that he could recruit. When they refused, he backed out. I don't have a source but I remember that from years ago.

13 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Urban turned  the job down before weiss was hired

49 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think he could pretty much go anywhere and win, although ND isn't what it used to be and I think the job would present some recruiting challenges that might be hard to overcome.

On a side note, and I know it isn't Urban, but I thought the offensive play calling for OSU last night was not very good.  I live in Ohio and root for them mostly because my wife is a fan... plus they are usually pretty good making them easy to root for, lol.  But they were subpar at best last night.

It was obvious early on that OSU was out coached, and out played.  OSU, for the first time in a long time, looked like they were playing scared or not to lose.  It was weird and out of character from the start.  I lay that at Urbans feet.

Give Riley and his team credit as they came in and put a whipping on OSU.  They were ready to play, had a good game plan and was fired up... assume they still had a bad taste in their mouth from last year.  

Do not care for the cocky Mayfield I must say.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Great! We look forward to your contributions.

Do you follow Bradford? You might come to hate me. haha I am a Vikings fan who is not a big fan of Bradford. He is okay. Sooner fans love Bradford. Most Vikings fans like him a lot too. If there is one year that he should do well is this year. The Vikings have done everything to help him succeed.

I dont actually, Ive never been one to follow a player(tho Baker may make change that next year lol). But yes a lot Love him..He was a great QB for us, just injuries derailed his career and his last senior with OU as well. He should do well for yall if he stays healthy, just a big If knowing him. 

On 9/10/2017 at 1:06 PM, BR-549 said:

I think he could pretty much go anywhere and win, although ND isn't what it used to be and I think the job would present some recruiting challenges that might be hard to overcome.

On a side note, and I know it isn't Urban, but I thought the offensive play calling for OSU last night was not very good.  I live in Ohio and root for them mostly because my wife is a fan... plus they are usually pretty good making them easy to root for, lol.  But they were subpar at best last night.

It was obvious early on that OSU was out coached, and out played.  OSU, for the first time in a long time, looked like they were playing scared or not to lose.  It was weird and out of character from the start.  I lay that at Urbans feet.

Give Riley and his team credit as they came in and put a whipping on OSU.  They were ready to play, had a good game plan and was fired up... assume they still had a bad taste in their mouth from last year.  

Do not care for the cocky Mayfield I must say.

As a Buckeye fan, I agree, but I kind of figured they were going to struggle against another good passing team. That secondary is so inexperienced, and is taking their licks. I have yet to see one downfield pass play where the DB turns and looks for the ball. It's beyond frustrating, but watching a secondary last year of Lattimore, Conley, and Hooker, I was beyond spoiled. Also, there hasn't been anyone, so far, to step up and lead the defense like Raekwon did the past 3 years.

The team is so reminiscent of watching the Colts when it comes to starting out slow. With the defense they have now, with the exception of the DL, they can't afford to start slow and get behind. JT just isn't the QB to lean on and hope he can throw you back into the game. He just can't do it. I like the kid, but I'm glad to be moving on from him after this year. 

They should finish at worst 9-3.

8 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

As a Buckeye fan, I agree, but I kind of figured they were going to struggle against another good passing team. That secondary is so inexperienced, and is taking their licks. I have yet to see one downfield pass play where the DB turns and looks for the ball. It's beyond frustrating, but watching a secondary last year of Lattimore, Conley, and Hooker, I was beyond spoiled. Also, there hasn't been anyone, so far, to step up and lead the defense like Raekwon did the past 3 years.

The team is so reminiscent of watching the Colts when it comes to starting out slow. With the defense they have now, with the exception of the DL, they can't afford to start slow and get behind. JT just isn't the QB to lean on and hope he can throw you back into the game. He just can't do it. I like the kid, but I'm glad to be moving on from him after this year. 

All true.

Kept yelling at the TV telling the DB's to look for the ball.  They seem to be around it just not on it.  It will come to them at some point.  They are talented just young.

No kidding on the Colts comparison.  The slow starts are frustrating for sure.

I went to Purdue so technically I am a Purdue fan, but I really like watching OSU and their staff.  I think they were a bit over rated this year, but who knows they could pull it out and get much better as the season progresses.  Not uncommon in college football.

I brought up Purdue because they are actually looking pretty good for a change.  Not a championship team by any stretch, but far from what they have been.  Strange that OSU is a little down and the Colts are a lot down and my only hope seems to be Purdue at the moment, lol.  Not what I was expecting at all this season.

On 9/12/2017 at 12:48 AM, BleedBlu8792 said:

Will they end up benching JT if they lose again? 

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Will they end up benching JT if they lose again? 

Nah.. I, nor do I believe the majority of Buckeye fans, believe he's a/the problem. JT is a limited passer, and I thought Kevin Wilson would help JT and the offense out, but so far he's not helping JT at all, especially early in games.The great thing with JT is that he doesn't turn over the ball, so I don't know why they don't shorten up the passing game and get some crossing patterns for JT to take advantage of then take some shots downfield once the run game has opened up. This offense has gotten worse since Todd Herman left after their title run in 15'. Had he not left, I truly believe they would have won the following year because that team was even better.

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Maybe but I am rooting for Clemson. I don't like Petrino. I like the Clemson coach very much.

How I could forget that you do hate Petrino lmao. Yeah it's 7-0 so far. I was just thinking of last years game when Louisville almost beat them at Clemson. Jackson is tough and no Watson for Clemson now.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How I could forget that you do hate Petrino lmao. Yeah it's 7-0 so far. I was just thinking of last years game when Louisville almost beat them at Clemson. Jackson is tough and no Watson for Clemson now.

I like this Clemson QB. 

That was a big helmet to helmet hit against Jackson -- the defender was flagged for targeting.

Jackson throws a TD, 7-6 Clemson, pending the extra point.