Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Darnold needs to stay another year IMO.

He played very poorly last night. If he does decide to leave for the NFL, I wonder how much this game affects his stock. This was on national TV for all to see. It was a bad showing. 

I did not see Josh Rosen or Rosh Allen in the Bowl games. I also missed Mason Rudolph (Okla St) -- I heard he is NFL material. I am looking forward to seeing Mayfield and Jackson. 

22 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah and the ref tried to say that Snell shoved him, and you can clearly see there was no shove. He just wanted to get up by himself and gets tossed for it. Unreal.

Did you see what Mark Richt did? He grabs the official's arm after getting upset about something. The rules call for a 15-yard penalty and an ejection. But Richt did not get tossed. I wonder if he will be on the sidelines after halftime. The commentators are pretty upset that Snell got ejected and Richt did not.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you see what Mark Richt did? He grabs the official's arm after getting upset about something. The rules call for a 15-yard penalty and an ejection. But Richt did not get tossed. I wonder if he will be on the sidelines after halftime. The commentators are pretty upset that Snell got ejected and Richt did not.

I seen that...smh. That ref last night would've brought the firing squad out on Richt.

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

This Rose Bowl game is great.

Really really good game (Kudos to the committee) .... rooting for Georgia myself.  Not sure why, I guess because I don't like BM's attitude and the Ohio State game outcome along with the planting of the OSU flag in OSU territory (ha ha).... but I am okay if they win too.   

In other words, al long as Alabama doesn't win the trophy I am okay with any of the other three winning it.  

I do like the RB (Chub) on Georgia... what draft range do you reckon he is in?  Would you grade him a higher quality back than Mack?  Just curious..

If any of Oklahoma’s defense is on our draft board just remove them now....worst tackling and defense I’ve ever seen. Trent Richardson could have run through those holes....wait...he did at Alabama. This is also why it’s hard to project what some of these running backs will do in the nfl...no way they will have holes like this.

9 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Really really good game (Kudos to the committee) .... rooting for Georgia myself.  Not sure why, I guess because I don't like BM's attitude and the Ohio State game outcome along with the planting of the OSU flag in OSU territory (ha ha).... but I am okay if they win too.   

In other words, al long as Alabama doesn't win the trophy I am okay with any of the other three winning it.  

I do like the RB (Chub) on Georgia... what draft range do you reckon he is in?  Would you grade him a higher quality back than Mack?  Just curious..

I also will take anyone but bama lol I'm so sick of that school it's not even funny! Chubb at one time was talked about as a 1st rounder I'm not sure what people think about him now.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I also will take anyone but bama lol I'm so sick of that school it's not even funny! Chubb at one time was talked about as a 1st rounder I'm not sure what people think about him now.

He started the game out pretty well tonight, but I am not sure where he is now.  I had to do some work and haven't been able to watch.  

Just looking at the kid he looks like a solid athlete.... on the other hand so did Trent Richardson, lol.

3 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

He started the game out pretty well tonight, but I am not sure where he is now.  I had to do some work and haven't been able to watch.  

Just looking at the kid he looks like a solid athlete.... on the other hand so did Trent Richardson, lol.

He had a bad injury a year or so ago and idk how that affected him 

11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He had a bad injury a year or so ago and idk how that affected him 

Oh.... I didn't know that.  I remember him being good a while back, and it did seem like he disappeared for a bit... that explains it.

27 minutes ago, dgambill said:

There are a lot of nice defenders on that Clemson front. Maybe with our second rd pick..

I like this writer. Here are some players he says to watch out for. Smith was one on the list. Scroll down to the bottom for players in the Clemson-Alabama game.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/1/1/16837830/new-years-day-bowl-preview-26-nfl-draft-prospects-watch-philadelphia-eagles

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. It has been entertaining. 

I hope Clemson beats Alabama in the next game. 

I don’t think that will happen. Without Watson they just don’t have the fire power on offense to put up points on Alabama’s defense. Dynamic qbs give Alabama fits but this kid looks like a statue back there.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think that will happen. Without Watson they just don’t have the fire power on offense to put up points on Alabama’s defense. Dynamic qbs give Savanna fits but this kid looks like a statue back there.

You may be right. I am okay with Georgia beating Bama. I just don't want Alabama to win another championship. I won't be able to watch too much more -- no later than halftime. This game started too late. 

I don't like this style of play by Clemson.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You may be right. I am okay with Georgia beating Bama. I just don't want Alabama to win another championship. I won't be able to watch too much more -- no later than halftime. This game started too late. 

I don't like this style of play by Clemson.

I agree...way too late. I’m ready for bed... lol...dang youngsters and their foosball! :lecture:

Yeah that was a great game earlier between Oklahoma and Georgia. Oklahoma had their chance in the 1st OT to win after holding Georgia to a FG but couldn't get it done. In the 2nd OT when they failed to score it was pretty much over for Oklahoma. Best Offense all season and couldn't score a TD on either OT trips from the 25. I hope Georgia wins it all now. I see Bama is up 10-3 in the late game. I don't see Bama losing this game, Saban losing to the same team 2 years in a row rarely happens.

On 1/1/2018 at 11:44 PM, chad72 said:

Georgia matches up better with Bama than the Sooners, IMO. 

Oklahoma's offense is better suited to beat Bama than an all out running game like Georgia's. You have to be able to spread Bama out. I hope Fromm can keep them honest with their passing game, but I'm not so sure he's going to fair much better than Bryant did. As much as I don't care for Mayfield and Oklahoma, I think they would have given Bama problems with their passing game.