Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@RockThatBlue  I wish I had seen the UCLA - Texas A&M game. Sounds like it was a great comeback. People on the Board of Regents at A&M calling for Sumlin to be fired. How the mighty have fallen!

Did you watch the game?

Btw, did Stanley Williams and Toth make an NFL team or PS?

Sumlin should've been fired a few years ago. He can't live off those Manziel years forever.

And I don't believe so. Williams was on the Broncos and Bengals but never kept him. Toth actually had an injury that prevented teams from drafting him, and I don't think hes on anyones team right now.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Sumlin should've been fired a few years ago. He can't live off those Manziel years forever.

And I don't believe so. Williams was on the Broncos and Bengals but never kept him. Toth actually had an injury that prevented teams from drafting him, and I don't think hes on anyones team right now.

He is a good recruiter but he is not a great coach. 

Sorry about Williams and Toth. That's too bad.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I don't care one way or the other. You must hate Louisville more. haha Their fans post on the Vikings site because of Teddy. They are pretty nice. 

Yup, definitely not a fan of UL haha but Teddy was one of the few players from there that I liked. Seemed like a good kid.

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yup, definitely not a fan of UL haha but Teddy was one of the few players from there that I liked. Seemed like a good kid.

I love Teddy. The person I root against is Bobby Petrino. I want him to lose all his games so he could get fired. He is a good coach tough. After he quit on the Falcons about 10 years ago, Mike Zimmer (Vikes head coach) had some choice words for him. If I post them here you'll give me a warning. haha

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynorseman.com/platform/amp/2015/2/5/7986281/mike-zimmer-is-still-right-about-bobby-petrino

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I love Teddy. The person I root against is Bobby Petrino. I want him to lose all his games so he cpukd get fired. He is a good coach tough. After he quit on the Falcons about 10 years ago, Mike Zimmer (Vikes head coach) had some choice words for him. If I post them here you'll give me a warning. haha

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynorseman.com/platform/amp/2015/2/5/7986281/mike-zimmer-is-still-right-about-bobby-petrino

Petrino is a good coach, but does not seem like a decent person at all. 

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Butch Jones is on the hot seat and him losing tonight would be bad for his future IMO. 

Why? I don't follow Tennessee.

How does Brian Kelly keep his job?

Update:

Tennessee punted. GT ball on their own 1 or 2 5 yard line.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Why? I don't follow Tennessee.

How does Brian Kelly keep his job?

UT fans have very high expectations and UT has not been all that great with him. They've been good, but they lose some big games.

And I don't know. I thought he was going to be fired last year.

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

GT QB fumbled the ball in their own territory, recovered by Tennessee. TN drove down 46 yds and scored. 

Score tied 7-7. GT seems to be playing slightly better than TN.

GT is not a bad team. That's who beat Kentucky in the bowl last year. That option is a pain to play against.

42 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

UT fans have very high expectations and UT has not been all that great with him. They've been good, but they lose some big games.

And I don't know. I thought he was going to be fired last year.

I am watching it on TV but listening on the radio. There is some delay. Anyway, the radio announcers believe it is ridiculous that Jones is on the "Hot Seat". They say he is one of the few coaches that have won 9 games per year and bowl games the last 3 years. 

11 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

GT is not a bad team. That's who beat Kentucky in the bowl last year. That option is a pain to play against.

I like Paul Johnson. Wasn't he the coach at Navy or Air Force? When he was there, his teams over-achieved, IIRC.

GT 14-7, 1:11 left in the half. GT chewed up about 7 minutes off the clock. I like that. I don't like quick scoring. He does not leave much time for TN to score.

Update: 11 seconds, 4th and 2. Around mid-field. ... TN went for it and turned it over on downs. 

GT up 14-7 at the half.

45 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

21-7 GT, 9:19 left in the 3rd. I will probably watch another 20-30 minutes. I have to work tomorrow. GT is playing better overall. They are running all over TN. 

I watched the UK and GT Bowl game last year, one of the few that I watched.

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah I have to admit Johnny was awesome in college. I seen where they blew a big lead tonight.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I love Teddy. The person I root against is Bobby Petrino. I want him to lose all his games so he could get fired. He is a good coach tough. After he quit on the Falcons about 10 years ago, Mike Zimmer (Vikes head coach) had some choice words for him. If I post them here you'll give me a warning. haha

Who do you hate worse Petrino or Matt Harvey lmao.

Still watching that game. Fumbles are killing GT. I can't believe that TN is about to tie the game, pending the extra point. 1:29 left in the game. May go into OT.

Update: 2 missed FG for GT in the 2nd half, including one to end regulation. Game going to OT. 

I am out. 

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Still watching that game. Fumbles are killing GT. I can't believe that TN is about to tie the game, pending the extra point. 1:29 left in the game. May go into OT.

Update: 2 missed FG for GT in the 2nd half, including one to end regulation. Game going to OT. 

I am out. 

TN just barely won.

17 hours ago, Colton Stenger said:

I'm hoping that Miami starts having a comeback and be relevant this year. I have faith in Richt

I think they will. Hes a very good coach IMO. His only problem is that his teams tend to have random stinkers. But Miami should win 9-10 games most years hes with Miami.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

TN just barely won.

I know. I saw the score this morning as I was going to work. TN should not have won. The GT kicker missed an easy FG late. I wonder if he missed an extra point too or did TN go for 2 in 2nd OT???