Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I always liked Ohio States Jim Tressel. He was a great coach, sad his career at Ohio ended the way it did. For a while I kind of hoped he would become the Colts next coach when he was working for them. If he was still coaching I would have also loved if Purdue would have hired him. He is a university president now at Youngstown State, so I'm sure he's doing fine.

I liked him too.  I coached HS football for a while and OSU was one of the clinics we went to.  He was always very nice and helpful to coaches.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

In Kentucky news they will be without a veteran DE for 2017 as Alvontee Bell was released from his scholarship

Broke team rules, which could mean 1000 things. Hurts depth a little bit but I think they'll be mostly ok without him.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Purdue didn't look to bad in the loss to Louiville, would have loved to win, but to only lose by a touchdown to a ranked opponent your first game of the season isn't to shabby IMO.  I think Sindelar won the starting QB position, he made better throws and seemed more in sync with the offense, although both him and Blough threw interceptions. The Purdue D looked HUGE up front, they were really giving the Cardinals fits!!! Anthrop looked great, we'll see if he outshines his big brother, they were both local high school sports stars! Might be an interesting season!

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

Purdue didn't look to bad in the loss to Louiville, would have loved to win, but to only lose by a touchdown to a ranked opponent your first game of the season isn't to shabby IMO.  I think Sindelar won the starting QB position, he made better throws and seemed more in sync with the offense, although both him and Blough threw interceptions. The Purdue D looked HUGE up front, they were really giving the Cardinals fits!!! Anthrop looked great, we'll see if he outshines his big brother, they were both local high school sports stars! Might be an interesting season!

I was rooting hard for Purdue. Looks like Brohm has already changed the culture. Just last year Louisville would've beaten Purdue probably by 3-4 touchdowns, if not more.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Stanford plays at Southern Cal next Saturday. That won't be an easy game to win. Hopefully the Cardinal can surprise. Watch out for Bryce Love, who ran for about 180 yards in the blowout win against Rice.

I dislike Southern Cal so I hope Stanford wins.

Kentucky won yesterday. Wasn't an impressive win but a win is a win, and our defense looked improved which is good.

Anyone else see Michigan beatdown Florida? Looks like Harbaugh has himself a good team.

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I dislike Southern Cal so I hope Stanford wins.

Kentucky won yesterday. Wasn't an impressive win but a win is a win, and our defense looked improved which is good.

Anyone else see Michigan beatdown Florida? Looks like Harbaugh has himself a good team.

I saw highlights. They look really good.

I watched a little bit of Alabama and Florida State. I was rooting for Alabama to lose. :( Hope the Florida State QB is okay. I hate seeing these college kids get hurt. I remember when Gore got hurt in college. I felt so bad for him. Glad that he had a good career. May go to HoF.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I watched a little bit of Alabama and Florida State. I was rooting for Alabama to lose. :( Hope the Florida State QB is okay. I hate seeing these college kids get hurt. I remember when Gore got hurt in college. I felt so bad for him. Glad that he had a good career. May go to HoF.

FSU played very well for about 3 quarters of the game, but Alabama as usual busted through. 7 points ain't gonna beat anybody, especially a Saban coached team.

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I was rooting hard for Purdue. Looks like Brohm has already changed the culture. Just last year Louisville would've beaten Purdue probably by 3-4 touchdowns, if not more.

Wish I would have gotten tickets now.  Bunch of my buddies went and had a good time.  The last I heard on Friday the Vegas line was like Louisville -25 and I believed it (although I have to admit I almost took that bet, but I don't gamble so I didn't, lol).  I kept watching back and forth between Alabama and Purdue.  Every time I switched to the Purdue game Louisville scored or got a turnover etc.  So I kept it on the Bama game and watched the bottom line for updates.... shame on me. :(

But, Purdue hung in against a really good team and I am happy about that.  Give them a year or two and they may just be competitive (bowl team) again.  Doubt they push for Big Ten championship as long as Harbaugh and Meyer are coaching.

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Season ending injury 

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-fsu-qb-deondre-francois-suffers-season-ending-injury-alabama/

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

It seems that Alabama lost a couple of linebackers to season-ending injuries too.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20577528/terrell-lewis-christian-miller-alabama-crimson-tide-season

Could prove to be costly in the long run, though they probably have a few 5 stars as replacements. Saban really is a ridiculous recruiter.