Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football 2017

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Darn it!!! Hopefully they have made upgrades to their mobile interface, that was my biggest peeve that it kept crashing.

Am I the only one whose nfl.com mobile app kept crashing? I use an IPhone 6 Plus.

Same issue here...  I'll just have to use my laptop.

57 minutes ago, spoonfish said:

Same issue here...  I'll just have to use my laptop.

Thats why it surprised me that folks wanted to go back to NFL.com, both yahoo and ESPN UIs are better for week to week management, IMO.

21 hours ago, SilentHill said:

His votes will be No across the board if he doesn't vote (basically a vote for no change) which would mean NFL.com is going to be our site this season.

Are you expecting @Rich Cannon to show up for the draft (or be active in the league)?

• Like 2

@Jeff Tolle / @Hamboning Will Save URLife & @SteelCityColt

I have added you to the league, same e-mail you used for Joe's. Let me know if you cannot get in.

The league will be NFL.com

Here are the proposals results

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N) Y

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) (Y/N) Y

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options: B

a. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1.

b. The draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners.

c. The draft order will be randomized 15min before the draft begins.

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) NFL.COM

5. Change the WR/RB flex position to WR/RB/TE. (Y/N) Y

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N) Y

7. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head) (Y/N) Y

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N) N

Heads up to @Colt92

All changes have been implemented! You can see the activity log on the league home page that shows all of the changes.

The draft is currently set for Friday September 1st @ 7:00pm EST I'm not sure what everyone's schedule is like, but we normally draft after the 3rd preseason game, throw out some alternate times if you cant make this one!

The draft order was randomized and here is the result:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3088157/draftinfo

1. Out Of Bounds  
2. HOFClipboardHolder  
3. Broosters  
4. SPOONFISH  
5. AxelF  
6. SilentHill  
7. VU Cru  
8. Kayne East  
9. JEFFTOLLE  
10. IndyD4U  
11. STEELCITYCOLT  

Bluefire Squad

• Like 2

Below is a list of all the non-standard rules for this league, I'm essentially making this post as a reference point for me to go back to next season so I can keep track if we do ever change platforms:

1. IR spot on the roster

2. Passing TD are 6 points

3. #1 plays #6 in the playoffs (Manual Intervention Needed)

4. TE position is now WR/TE

5. WR/RB position is now WR/RB/TE

5. Playoffs Week 14/15 Champ 16

6. Trade Review -  League Votes

7. D/ST gets 1 point for every 50 return yards

8. Waiting period for waivers is 1 day

9. The draft order is randomized upon league creation and draft order is visible to all owner

10. Waivers reset weekly based on ranking

11. The standings tiebreaker is points scored

I actually didn't see a trade waiting period in the system, maybe they fixed it themselves, we will have to keep an eye on it, and let's see some more trades this season!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SilentHill said:

@Jeff Tolle / @Hamboning Will Save URLife & @SteelCityColt

I have added you to the league, same e-mail you used for Joe's. Let me know if you cannot get in.

The league will be NFL.com

Here are the proposals results

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N) Y

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) (Y/N) Y

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options: B

a. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1.

b. The draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners.

c. The draft order will be randomized 15min before the draft begins.

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) NFL.COM

5. Change the WR/RB flex position to WR/RB/TE. (Y/N) Y

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N) Y

7. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head) (Y/N) Y

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N) N

Heads up to @Colt92

All changes have been implemented! You can see the activity log on the league home page that shows all of the changes.

The draft is currently set for Friday September 1st @ 7:00pm EST I'm not sure what everyone's schedule is like, but we normally draft after the 3rd preseason game, throw out some alternate times if you cant make this one!

The draft order was randomized and here is the result:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3088157/draftinfo

1. Out Of Bounds  
2. HOFClipboardHolder  
3. Broosters  
4. SPOONFISH  
5. AxelF  
6. SilentHill  
7. VU Cru  
8. Kayne East  
9. JEFFTOLLE  
10. IndyD4U  
11. STEELCITYCOLT  

Bluefire Squad

I am fine with that draft time.

Thanks.

On 7/29/2017 at 8:53 PM, SilentHill said:

Below is a list of all the non-standard rules for this league, I'm essentially making this post as a reference point for me to go back to next season so I can keep track if we do ever change platforms:

1. IR spot on the roster

2. Passing TD are 6 points

3. #1 plays #6 in the playoffs (Manual Intervention Needed)

4. TE position is now WR/TE

5. WR/RB position is now WR/RB/TE

5. Playoffs Week 14/15 Champ 16

6. Trade Review -  League Votes

7. D/ST gets 1 point for every 50 return yards

8. Waiting period for waivers is 1 day

9. The draft order is randomized upon league creation and draft order is visible to all owner

10. Waivers reset weekly based on ranking

11. The standings tiebreaker is points scored

I actually didn't see a trade waiting period in the system, maybe they fixed it themselves, we will have to keep an eye on it, and let's see some more trades this season!

Add a rule in there that SilentHill will not play AxelF till week 3 or later in the league :), haha!!! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hamboning Will Save URLife said:

Hello,

What happened to the league? I went in to check on the league in NFL.com and it isn't showing for me.

Did I get kicked ? Could someone look into this please? I would like to play in this league.

Jeff 

You should have gotten an e-mail with the link to join the league, if not PM me your e-mail address

Same goes for @SteelCityColt

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Got it thank you and joined.

The draft date/time might be an issue as I'm best man at a wedding that weekend... I guess I might have to set a board and let it auto draft. 

It's a Friday, but let me know, I mean I think most of us are pretty flexible. If you have an alternate date / time that you think would work (after the 3rd pre-season game, but before the reg season) let me know

1 minute ago, SilentHill said:

It's a Friday, but let me know, I mean I think most of us are pretty flexible. If you have an alternate date / time that you think would work (after the 3rd pre-season game, but before the reg season) let me know

It's Midnight UK time so technically the Saturday :P 

I think I'm good for pretty much any time/date other than then. 

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:45 PM, SilentHill said:

I have no problem having the draft at whatever date or time that works for all. I am disabled and don't work so anytime is fine with me. Hopefully we can get a date and time that works for all.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:52 PM, Bluefire4 said:

Thursday or Sunday would be better for me than Friday night. Friday afternoon would work better as well.

I would be fine with Thursday and Sunday nights with a 7-8 pm ET start like I said before if that helps you out.

so my draft is about a month away and this is the best team I get. Thoughts?

QB-Newton, Carr

RB-Freeman, Fournette, Lynch, Cook

WR-Hopkins,Crowder, moncrief, maclin, Taylor Gabriel, Curtis Samuel

TE-Bennett

D-Broncos, Vikings

K-Tucker

I like having two defenses so im not stuck playing a bad matchup

Still unable to do nfl.com mock on laptop or mobile phone, get errors every single time. Get this error every time:

"There was an error: Please check your local internet connection and try again. Note that the NFL.com Fantasy draft client requires a continuous internet connection." Tried on wireless, wired, Chrome, IE, everything, the only place where it works is at home (thankfully). 

I am connected every single second with a stable internet connection.  However, my home Windows 10 PC works for the nfl.com mock. That is what I can reliably use.

You guys see why I hate doing it on nfl.com??? :(  I just can't see how you guys don't face such issues on nfl.com and keep insisting on it, for whatever reason. I will keep voting for a change every year till I get it eventually. #frustrated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Still unable to do nfl.com mock on laptop or mobile phone, get errors every single time. Get this error every time:

"There was an error: Please check your local internet connection and try again. Note that the NFL.com Fantasy draft client requires a continuous internet connection." Tried on wireless, wired, Chrome, IE, everything, the only place where it works is at home (thankfully). 

I am connected every single second with a stable internet connection.  However, my home Windows 10 PC works for the nfl.com mock. That is what I can reliably use.

You guys see why I hate doing it on nfl.com??? :(  I just can't see how you guys don't face such issues on nfl.com and keep insisting on it, for whatever reason. I will keep voting for a change every year till I get it eventually. #frustrated

I never use my phone for FF.

My tablet is a bit clunky for NFL.com, but I almost always use my laptop for it anyway.

I just don't like how NFL.com FF operates, but I'm fine.

11 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

MY main gripe with NFL.com is that the projected points are always WAY WAY off. Like not even close. Also the draft rankings are ridiculous. Not even close to real ADP

I have done drafts on NFL, ESPN and Yahoo. Their ranking are all different. I never really draft by ranking anyway so it don't effect my drafts much. It's all just one big fantasy! haha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have done drafts on NFL, ESPN and Yahoo. Their ranking are all different. I never really draft by ranking anyway so it don't effect my drafts much. It's all just one big fantasy! haha

True dat!!! 

Of all the 3, I would have to say ESPN is the happy medium of draft client, draft day experience, and week to week management. Yahoo, to me, is better on the week-to-week management, and always playing in my work league that is Yahoo helps me with some decisions week-to-week as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...