Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football 2017

11 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

The voting is not happening yet, but last year the Joe's players did not vote on the rules. I'm not sure if that is going to change since I don't know how to reach all of the Joe's players anyway.

As far as draft order, we already have two different proposed methods along with the method we used last year, adding a 4th option is just crazy, and I can almost assure you that the votes will be all over the place and we will end up being stuck with random 15min before the draft due to no majority.

Also the change from NFL.com to yahoo or ESPN, if you definitely don't want to go back to NFL.com people should vote YES to both options, once again, here I can see no one getting a majority and us being stuck back at NFL.com due to too many options.

I'm not really into holding more rounds of voting, so if anyone else has any suggestions on how to cut down on options it would be great.

Vote on the voting options.....   :)

Could take longer than the season.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

The voting is not happening yet, but last year the Joe's players did not vote on the rules. I'm not sure if that is going to change since I don't know how to reach all of the Joe's players anyway.

As far as draft order, we already have two different proposed methods along with the method we used last year, adding a 4th option is just crazy, and I can almost assure you that the votes will be all over the place and we will end up being stuck with random 15min before the draft due to no majority.

Also the change from NFL.com to yahoo or ESPN, if you definitely don't want to go back to NFL.com people should vote YES to both options, once again, here I can see no one getting a majority and us being stuck back at NFL.com due to too many options.

I'm not really into holding more rounds of voting, so if anyone else has any suggestions on how to cut down on options it would be great.

IMO Joe's league should be taken care of by the commish of that league. I think you have enough to deal with in this league.

Once our vote is done all we should have to do is watch the pre season games and get ready for the draft.

On a side note:  If we are going to have two new players every year then the draft should be random and that would eliminate any personal issues with the draft. I could understand if we had the same players every year but we don't as it stands. I don't agree with giving new players the first choice over our 10th place finisher. The new players are not new to fantasy football so they should be treated just like the rest of us. 

If we do have a two player keeper having two new players would warrant them having two picks apiece before any of us draft. If that does happen then the new players would end up with two picks and then their choice of draft position. Random pick would simplify the process.  

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO Joe's league should be taken care of by the commish of that league. I think you have enough to deal with in this league.

Once our vote is done all we should have to do is watch the pre season games and get ready for the draft.

On a side note:  If we are going to have two new players every year then the draft should be random and that would eliminate any personal issues with the draft. I could understand if we had the same players every year but we don't as it stands. I don't agree with giving new players the first choice over our 10th place finisher. The new players are not new to fantasy football so they should be treated just like the rest of us. 

If we do have a two player keeper having two new players would warrant them having two picks apiece before any of us draft. If that does happen then the new players would end up with two picks and then their choice of draft position. Random pick would simplify the process.  

Well the thing is we wanted the leagues to have the same rules so that when players move up / down they are not having to learn the rules over again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Well the thing is we wanted the leagues to have the same rules so that when players move up / down they are not having to learn the rules over again.

That's cool. So will Joe's league and our league all vote?  Or will Joe's league just use the rules we vote on? Interesting dilemma if you have to contact all the owners in both leagues. Good luck! :panic:

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's cool. So will Joe's league and our league all vote?  Or will Joe's league just use the rules we vote on? Interesting dilemma if you have to contact all the owners in both leagues. Good luck! :panic:

Last season we voted in the elite league and Joe's just adopted the rules, so I think it should be the same.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2017 at 10:18 AM, SilentHill said:

Last season we voted in the elite league and Joe's just adopted the rules, so I think it should be the same.

Thanks for keeping on it!!!

It can be a thankless job at times. :)

• Like 4

Today is the last day to get any proposals on the table! Here are the current proposals.

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N)

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) (Y/N)

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options:

a. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1.

b. The draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners.

c. The draft order will be randomized 15min before the draft begins.

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO)

5. Change the WR/RB flex position to WR/RB/TE. (Y/N)

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N)

7. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head) (Y/N)

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N)

• Like 1

Alright Voters!

1. Broosters @buccolts

2. God Hates Jags @HOFClipboardHolder

3. Out of Bounds @crazycolt1

4. Kanye East @Rich Cannon

5. SilentHill @SilentHill

6. AxeIF @chad72

7. VU Cru @Valpo2004

8. Bluefire4 @Bluefire4

9. IndyD4U @IndyD4U

10. Spoonfish @spoonfish

11. @Jeff Tolle

12. @SteelCityColt

Let's get those votes in ASAP so we can move forward! Here is the ballot (My votes are in bold) If you like to see how everyone is voting in one centralized location, I have a google DOC you can view which I've linked below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yHqilNVUaZyek5M6rB5Iuv9K2W47pMZ7j7H_aCcanwc/

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N) Y

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) (Y/N) Y

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options: B

a. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1.

b. The draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners.

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) YAHOO

5. Change the WR/RB flex position to WR/RB/TE. (Y/N) Y

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N) N

7. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head) (Y/N) Y

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N) N

14 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Alright Voters!

1. Broosters @buccolts

6. AxeIF @chad72

7. VU Cru @Valpo2004

8. Bluefire4 @Bluefire4

9. IndyD4U @IndyD4U

10. Spoonfish @spoonfish

11. @Jeff Tolle

12. @SteelCityColt

Let's get those votes in ASAP so we can move forward! Here is the ballot (My votes are in bold)

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N) Y

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) (Y/N) Y

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) YAHOO

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N) N

7. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head) (Y/N) Y

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N) N

1-Y

2-Y

3-B

4-ESPN

5-Y

6-N

7-Y

8-Y

• Like 1

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N)

Yes

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) (Y/N)

Yes

B

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO)

Yahoo

Yes

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N)

Yes

Yes

No

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N) Y

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) (Y/N) Y

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options: B

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) NFL.COM

5. Change the WR/RB flex position to WR/RB/TE. (Y/N) Y

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N) N

7. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head) (Y/N) Y

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N) N

9 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Alright Voters!

1. Broosters @buccolts

6. AxeIF @chad72

7. VU Cru @Valpo2004

8. Bluefire4 @Bluefire4

9. IndyD4U @IndyD4U

10. Spoonfish @spoonfish

11. @Jeff Tolle

12. @SteelCityColt

Let's get those votes in ASAP so we can move forward! Here is the ballot (My votes are in bold) If you like to see how everyone is voting in one centralized location, I have a google DOC you can view which I've linked below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yHqilNVUaZyek5M6rB5Iuv9K2W47pMZ7j7H_aCcanwc/

1.Yes

2.Yes

3.B

4.I genuinely dont care. I guess keep it as is. NFL.com

5.No

6.Yes

7.Yes

8.No

These are my votes.

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N) Y

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) (Y/N) Y

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options:  B

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) YAHOO

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N) N

7. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head) (Y/N) Y

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N) Y

Just waiting for the other 6 people to vote!

Here is what we know so far:

Proposals 1,2,3,7 are already approved. 1,2, & 7 are all Yes votes and Proposal 3 has all votes of B which means the draft will be randomized upon league creation.

• Like 5

On 7/15/2017 at 7:56 AM, SilentHill said:

Alright Voters!

1. Broosters @buccolts

6. AxeIF @chad72

7. VU Cru @Valpo2004

8. Bluefire4 @Bluefire4

9. IndyD4U @IndyD4U

10. Spoonfish @spoonfish

11. @Jeff Tolle

12. @SteelCityColt

1 = Y
2 = Y
3 = B
4 = ESPN
5 = Y
6 = Y
7 = Y
8 = N

• Like 1

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N) N

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options: A

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) NFL

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N) Y

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N) N

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 7:56 AM, SilentHill said:

Alright Voters!

1. Broosters @buccolts

6. AxeIF @chad72

7. VU Cru @Valpo2004

8. Bluefire4 @Bluefire4

9. IndyD4U @IndyD4U

10. Spoonfish @spoonfish

11. @Jeff Tolle

12. @SteelCityColt

1. Y

2. Y

3. B

4. Yahoo

5. Y

6. Y

7. Y

8. Y

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Kinda surprised that so many are in favor of the waiver changing to reset weekly based on ranking

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, but hey, that is democracy for ya, albeit at a small level!!! :) 

While I didn't vote for it I guess if I end up in last place I will like it! :D

On 2017-07-15 at 7:56 AM, SilentHill said:

Alright Voters!

1. Broosters @buccolts

6. AxeIF @chad72

7. VU Cru @Valpo2004

8. Bluefire4 @Bluefire4

9. IndyD4U @IndyD4U

10. Spoonfish @spoonfish

11. @Jeff Tolle

12. @SteelCityColt

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) NFL.com

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N) Y

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N) Y

Here is my vote.

@Jeff Tolle

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 10:19 AM, SilentHill said:

Today is the last day to get any proposals on the table! Here are the current proposals.

1. Y

2. Y

3. C

4. Yahoo

5. Y

6. Y

7. Y

8. N

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buccolts said:

And it's still an important vote.

Yep, but just for question 4, the site of the draft which is leaning towards Yahoo now and the best he can do is tie it. All other questions, I think, have a majority vote by now for the answers.

This weekend, if I remember, was his deadline. If he doesn't vote, I guess we just go with the majority votes from whoever has voted so far???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yep, but just for question 4, the site of the draft which is leaning towards Yahoo now and the best he can do is tie it. All other questions, I think, have a majority vote by now for the answers.

This weekend, if I remember, was his deadline. If he doesn't vote, I guess we just go with the majority votes from whoever has voted so far???

His votes will be No across the board if he doesn't vote (basically a vote for no change) which would mean NFL.com is going to be our site this season.

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

His votes will be No across the board if he doesn't vote (basically a vote for no change) which would mean NFL.com is going to be our site this season.

I'm fine with a tie resulting in no change, but I think we should allow for those who voted for ESPN to change their vote. My two cents...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

NFL.com gets my vote 

Darn it!!! Hopefully they have made upgrades to their mobile interface, that was my biggest peeve that it kept crashing.

Am I the only one whose nfl.com mobile app kept crashing? I use an IPhone 6 Plus.

2 hours ago, buccolts said:

I suppose voting is over then. 

Everything's decided. 

I'll finalize it with a post this evening. If anyone wants to change anything they have until i finalize it. The sheet has been updated with all of the votes.