Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tiger Woods arrested and charged with DUI

10 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Golf is but a pipe dream now. PGA tournament playing at a competitive level for him is officially over now. 

Just concentrate on your mental & psychological recovery right now Tiger. 

actually his surgery went well......He says he's pain free and will return next season...

I hope so.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/19496396/tiger-woods-found-asleep-car-arrest-dui-charge

I'm not sure what to make of this.  It's not drinking and driving.

I mean, maybe he is abusing prescription medication?  But if he isn't, and it was an honest-to-God adverse reaction to prescribed meds, where he followed the dosages correctly, then he did exactly what he was supposed to do when it hit him... 

He pulled over and fell asleep instead of "operating heavy machinery".  I guess we'll see how it plays out in the legal system.  :dunno:

On May 29, 2017 at 4:25 PM, oldunclemark said:

actually his surgery went well......He says he's pain free and will return next season...

I hope so.

I've got nothing against Tiger personally. I just think that given his inability to finish tournaments spells the end of his career as a professional golfer OUM. Woods isn't even seen as a legitimate contender anymore by his professional peers. Tiger used to be feared because he could deliver in high pressurized situations, but now his rivals almost take pity on him, poke fun at him, & view him like a sports mascot. He's got name recognition, but people see him for who he used to be not what he is now: A has been star that lost his his mojo & killer instinct. 

That's what I meant by it's over. 

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I've got nothing against Tiger personally. I just think that given his inability to finish tournaments spells the end of his career as a professional golfer OUM. Woods isn't even seen as a legitimate contender anymore by his professional peers. Tiger used to be feared because he could deliver in high pressurized situations, but now his rivals almost take pity on him, poke fun at him, & view him like a sports mascot. He's got name recognition, but people see him for who he used to be not what he is now: A has been star that lost his his mojo & killer instinct. 

That's what I meant by it's over. 

Public opinion comes and goes..SW...and so does health

........what people and opponents say.....that wont be the and of an athlete....

Look he shot a 65 in a tournament early this season didn't he?  He was PGA player of the year 3 years ago...

I dont think hes done but we'll see.

As you say....(and you're right)  he couldn't play well 4 days in a row...he was obviously still hurt this year

Back surgery problems can linger you but golfers play into their 40s...

If his surgery was successful, I think he'll be back..

As for this incident, he was lucky  the cops found him. The local police knew who he was and (I'm sure) would have given him a pass except that he couldnt tell them where he had been or where he was going.

They didn't know what was wrong with him....and he was clearly lost.....

They had to take him to the slammer

I know you can take the same combination of pills 15 times and it can affect you badly the 15th time..I'm sure he's driven under medication before. He's been under medication fairly constantly for a couple of years now.. I don't blame him for driving after taking his meds. Just glad he didn't hit anybody (he did bump into a few things apparently).

I do worry about his state of mind.

Think about it: He wasn't out drinking. Tested 0.0 by the cops.

He obviously wasn't out rolling with the honeys. He can hardly turn his body after the surgery. Its only been a couple of weeks

He has to be careful even walking right now..

If he was out to dinner....why was he still out near dawn?

Was he just driving around aimlessly in the middle of the night by himself?  Unable to sleep.

Thinking abut his situation. Does he do that a lot.?

See what I'm saying?

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Public opinion comes and goes..SW...and so does health

........what people and opponents say.....that wont be the and of an athlete....

Look he shot a 65 in a tournament early this season didn't he?  He was PGA player of the year 3 years ago...

I dont think hes done but we'll see.

As you say....(and you're right)  he couldn't play well 4 days in a row...he was obviously still hurt this year

Back surgery problems can linger you but golfers play into their 40s...

If his surgery was successful, I think he'll be back..

As for this incident, he was lucky  the cops found him. The local police knew who he was and (I'm sure) would have given him a pass except that he couldnt tell them where he had been or where he was going.

They didn't know what was wrong with him....and he was clearly lost.....

They had to take him to the slammer

I know you can take the same combination of pills 15 times and it can affect you badly the 15th time..I'm sure he's driven under medication before. He's been under medication fairly constantly for a couple of years now.. I don't blame him for driving after taking his meds. Just glad he didn't hit anybody (he did bump into a few things apparently).

I do worry about his state of mind.

Think about it: He wasn't out drinking. Tested 0.0 by the cops.

He obviously wasn't out rolling with the honeys. He can hardly turn his body after the surgery. Its only been a couple of weeks

He has to be careful even walking right now..

If he was out to dinner....why was he still out near dawn?

Was he just driving around aimlessly in the middle of the night by himself?  Unable to sleep.

Thinking abut his situation. Does he do that a lot.?

See what I'm saying?

I think you have a lot more faith in Tiger Woods than anyone else including those who know him.

He will probably get out of it because it wasn't a drinking driving charge. He tested 0.0. He probably took 1 too many meds for his back which are prescribed to him. He still shouldn't of been behind the wheel because he was under the influence of pain meds it looks like. Having said that it looks a lot better on his part that he wasn't drinking and he told the truth regarding that.