Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

There's aren't many options at the '3'

.......we can play Glenn at the '3' against tea ms that go small....but when the Cavs play (for qqqqe) Tristan Thompson in the middle with Love and LBJ, we need a bigger guy..

..when we play Toronto...we're going to need a big G/F defender for DeRozen..and then we need somebody else for a guy like D. Carroll.

Glenn's just not big enough to play the '3'..

..we may deal Thad before the season begins..to get a scoring '3'

Lang's going to be a four....

Lang is Leaf I assume. I think Sabonis will be the first PF off the bench. If Thad is here to start the season. I think moving him at the deadline might be what we do.  

Here's who numerous sites have us starting as we are currently constructed:  Collison Dipo Lance Thad Turner. That is a small line up. All 5 can hit the long ball. Our bigs might be our best 3pt shooters.

We are buying Monta out. Sumner isn't going to be ready to start the season. That leaves the bench:

PG Young (Summer)

SG GR3

SF Niang 

PF Sabonis Leaf

C  Serphan Christmas Anigboga Jefferson 

The roster is weighted heavily with 4/5 type guys. None have much value. We definitely need another big wing who can score. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has b

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

Love how all the mainstream sports media outlets are talking about what went wrong with the Cavs and LeBron instead of praising the Pacers. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

lmao I don't know what to say. lmao 

I read through this thread too since I missed around 40 pages and you guys are HILARIOUS btw. lmao All the arguments and back and forths.:lol:

Just for you guys, remember when we used to go off talking about Wade and his beautiful wife. OMG.........Al Horford has everyone beat and I never knew he was married to a major beauty queen.:eek:

t9xlbp.jpg

Amelia-Vega-Al-Horford-pic.jpg

Al Horford makes $27 million a year and this is his 'hobby'???

..who says he's not an all-star!

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Al Horford makes $27 million a year and this is his 'hobby'???

..who says he's not an all-star!

lmao 

BTW I thought these threads were "the Pacers and the rest of the NBA" in the titles usually. lmao 

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

Lang is Leaf I assume. I think Sabonis will be the first PF off the bench. If Thad is here to start the season. I think moving him at the deadline might be what we do.  

Here's who numerous sites have us starting as we are currently constructed:  Collison Dipo Lance Thad Turner. That is a small line up. All 5 can hit the long ball. Our bigs might be our best 3pt shooters.

We are buying Monta out. Sumner isn't going to be ready to start the season. That leaves the bench:

PG Young (Summer)

SG GR3

SF Niang 

PF Sabonis Leaf

C  Serphan Christmas Anigboga Jefferson 

The roster is weighted heavily with 4/5 type guys. None have much value. We definitely need another big wing who can score. 

Thank you, ak.....I dont know why I keep saying Lang..

We cant start .Oladipo, Collison and Lance...theyre all guards.

And we want Lance to play against other team's second string

We have to start another 'big' with Myles....Either Leaf or Sabonis..and Leaf doenst look ready to start

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

lmao 

BTW I thought these threads were "the Pacers and the rest of the NBA" in the titles usually. lmao 

Just 'Pacers' on this one but we'll make an exception for Al Horford's 'baby mama'

Although If my wife had a body like Al's I'd rent a baby......you don't want to mess that up!

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Just 'Pacers' on this one but we'll make an exception for Al Horford's 'baby mama'

Although If my wife had a body like Al's I'd rent a baby......you don't want to mess that up!

It's my fault guys, I started it.

lmao 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Thank you, ak.....I dont know why I keep saying Lang..

We cant start .Oladipo, Collison and Lance...theyre all guards.

And we want Lance to play against other team's second string

We have to start another 'big' with Myles....Either Leaf or Sabonis..and Leaf doenst look ready to start

We are reportedly interested in a sign and trade w/Minn Miles for Aldrich and 1st. We are also interested in Olynyk and Green. That's 3 more C's. What are we going to do with all these bigs? 

I like the idea Lance with Young on the 2nd unit too. We need to bring in a starting 3.  Shabazz Muhammad? We will see. We may have to move Thad. We could start Sabonis. I'm with you Leaf doesn't have the strength yet.. I like TJ but thought Anunoby was the pick there. 

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

We are reportedly interested in a sign and trade w/Minn Miles for Aldrich and 1st. We are also interested in Olynyk and Green. That's 3 more C's. What are we going to do with all these bigs? 

I like the idea Lance with Young on the 2nd unit too. We need to bring in a starting 3.  Shabazz Muhammad? We will see. We may have to move Thad. We could start Sabonis. I'm with you Leaf doesn't have the strength yet.. I like TJ but thought Anunoby was the pick there. 

Folks are making up stories about trades. Possibilities are not really probabilities .

I mean. Kelly Oleynik?

I think Lance affects us more as a 6th man. ...and the way he's driving the lane would open up Joe Young for 3-point shots.

But we do need a starting '3'.  Thad Young isn't going to be a big scorer.

He's a defender and rebounder....We cold start him at '4' but only if we get a scorer to start...We sure lost a ton of scoring off last years team

Glenn is a guard. The only '3 we have is George Niang and he's never played real minutes

Edited by oldunclemark
9 hours ago, Synthetic said:

From Twitter, Jazz fans are burning Hayward jerseys. 

This is pathetic and probably the thing I hate the most about the NBA. This stuff is ridiculous and uncalled for. 

There is no such thing as "loyalty" in a business. That's why it's called FREE agency. Seriously, why should a player stick with the same team forever just cause they drafted him? Think about it from their perspective. The goal for any player every year is to win a championship. They're not slaves, but my god they're treated like this by the fans who talk about "loyalty".

I agree with what you said.   But it goes both ways.   Why should the fans be loyal?   Why is it wrong for them to get mad and burn a guys jersey when he leaves the team?    The fans spend money so that the players can make money.  

What is the worst thing a player can do to the fans who supported him?   I'd say leave the team.   

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Yeah..but we got 2 starters and Boston wasnt giving us 2 starters...

You will eat your words.

2 starters is nice, but only secures our mediocrity for the next few years.  

I would much rather had a high draft pick with the chance of getting  a stud.  

The only way the Pacers will get a top 5 player in the league is by drafting in the top 10.   To get that pick, they either need to tank (which I don't want to see) or to trade.   They just traded their biggest trade bait they have had in years.   There is no denying that they flubbed this trade horribly.   They played the waiting game and lost.   Could have had 4 first round picks from Atlanta a few months ago. 

Given the fact that they screwed their chance, the OKC trade wasn't too bad, but had they been smart, they could have had a much better deal earlier.  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Okay, those of you who wanted PG traded at the deadline....

1.) How much more did we get for Paul George than Utah did for Gordon Hayward....

..and 2.) Why shouldn't Utah have traded Hayward at the trade deadline.....

..like many of you wanted us to trade PG. ?

Why were we stupid for trying to make the playoffs and they were smart.

What's the difference?

i was ready to trade paul a year ago, and especially at the deadline

anyone that thought he was leaving turned out to be exactly right

and lol at saboins being a starter.  thats only true becasue we have no one better.  its like how the colts started a bunch of nobodies at CB last year, but they were not nfl starting caliber players

• Like 1

the tanking thing is awkward

i generally root for my teams to win.  i was rooting for the colts to win week 17 last year in that meaningless game against the jags

at the same time i dont think we should construct a roster where the ceiling is the 8th seed and an early playoff exit. 

• Like 1

Didn't PG tell the FO that he was interested in staying prior to the trade deadline?

Why are RUMORS taken as gospel in this thread?

When someone says 'tanking', could we just understand that they don't mean throwing games, but instead look at it as 'building a team for the future'?

I don't want them to build a losing team, just for draft position. I don't think anyone should do that.

I'm glad PG is gone.

I hate the fact that the NBA is basically run by the agents, and players. Playground basketball is boring, and only for the bragging rights of the players.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

2 starters is nice, but only secures our mediocrity for the next few years.  

I would much rather had a high draft pick with the chance of getting  a stud.  

The only way the Pacers will get a top 5 player in the league is by drafting in the top 10.   To get that pick, they either need to tank (which I don't want to see) or to trade.   They just traded their biggest trade bait they have had in years.   There is no denying that they flubbed this trade horribly.   They played the waiting game and lost.   Could have had 4 first round picks from Atlanta a few months ago. 

Given the fact that they screwed their chance, the OKC trade wasn't too bad, but had they been smart, they could have had a much better deal earlier.  

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Didn't PG tell the FO that he was interested in staying prior to the trade deadline?

Why are RUMORS taken as gospel in this thread?

When someone says 'tanking', could we just understand that they don't mean throwing games, but instead look at it as 'building a team for the future'?

I don't want them to build a losing team, just for draft position. I don't think anyone should do that.

I'm glad PG is gone.

I hate the fact that the NBA is basically run by the agents, and players. Playground basketball is boring, and only for the bragging rights of the players.

I'm not in favor of "building a losing team".    However, building a team in a smart way is not bad. 

Having a top 10 first round draft pick is crucial for a team like the Pacers in building a contending team.  A top 10 talent is not coming to the Pacers via free agency.   I think the current Pacer team will be good, but will fit the old saying of "they are 1 player away from being contenders".   I hate this about the NBA, but most teams need a top 5 pick in order to be competitive for a championship.  

Wasn't Irving taken with the 1st pick by Cleveland?   So they have 2 players who were taken #1.  

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Folks are making up stories about trades. Possibilities are not really probabilities .

I mean. Kelly Oleynik?

I think Lance affects us more as a 6th man. ...and the way he's driving the lane would open up Joe Young for 3-point shots.

But we do need a starting '3'.  Thad Young isn't going to be a big scorer.

He's a defender and rebounder....We cold start him at '4' but only if we get a scorer to start...We sure lost a ton of scoring off last years team

Glenn is a guard. The only '3 we have is George Niang and he's never played real minutes

Why couldn't we get Oleynik? We took 2 average players for our top 15 player and a superstar we coukd easily get another turd like Kelly but that's how you want it lol surprised you don't love Kelly O you seem to love everyone else that is just average 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why couldn't we get Oleynik? We took 2 average players for our top 15 player and a superstar we coukd easily get another turd like Kelly but that's how you want it lol surprised you don't love Kelly O you seem to love everyone else that is just average 

The reports may have not been true that Boston offered us what was reported but I would've took Bradley and Olynyk over what we got. Both those guys are Good and I would've been happy with that. Bradley is better than Dipo. Surely, Ainge would've done that for a player that is Top 15 like PG and can help them get to the Finals.

12 hours ago, Jules said:

I don't know why it never came together for the Celtics/Pacers with a real trade? My guess is some of it was rumors and nothing more. Or Boston was worried PG would leave after one year to the hated Lakers. And maybe Indy also wanted to send him to the other conference.......and this was their best chance to do so.

I thought the real trade was more likely with Cleveland.......who is more desperate. You all could have gotten Kevin Love who everyone didn't want weeks ago in Indy but me and oldunclemark, but now he looks pretty good compared to the Dairy Queen workers sent over from OKC.

But at least Cleveland got to sign Jose Calderon!!!!!!! Here he is in action once against Lebron.

[IMG]

We were never gonna get love he was being thrown to a 3rd team in the deals and those deals were still better then the one we took lol

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The reports may have not been true that Boston offered us what was reported but I would've took Bradley and Olynyk over what we got. Both those guys are Good and I would've been happy with that. Bradley is better than Dipo. Surely, Ainge would've done that for a player that is Top 15 like PG and can help them get to the Finals.

I guarantee you had we waited we would have been able to get 1 of the high picks prolly the Lakers for PG we were trying to be greedy with the eastern conference teams instead of just trying to do what was best for the team and in spite of the East we sent him to the west for a terrible deal that is being talked about as the worst off-season move in years 

• Like 2
Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

I guarantee you had we waited we would have been able to get 1 of the high picks prolly the Lakers for PG we were trying to be greedy with the eastern conference teams instead of just trying to do what was best for the team and in spite of the East we sent him to the west for a terrible deal that is being talked about as the worst off-season move in years 

I was hoping Ainge would've gave us that 3 = Tatum and Bradley, that would've been worth getting happy for but it didn't happen.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I agree.   We could have received a top 5 pick for George had we put a little more effort into pursuing it.  

• Like 2

So far big winners in Free Agency/Trades/the summer in general are:

1. OKC - Getting PG and only losing Dipo and Sabonis

2. Wolves - They got Butler for a bag of chips

3. Celtics - Got Hayward and didn't lose anything + they add Tatum in the Draft

-that is my Top 3, I am not sure CP3 will mesh well in Houston. I am not sold on that. He is an aging Point Guard and that was Harden's position last season. That may be a chemistry nightmare? I am surprised the Cavs haven't done anything big yet, they re-signed Kyle Korver but that has been it. Jose Calderon lmao 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think people may be over looking what the Celtics did.   They lost nothing. 

They added Tatum who won't need to be forced to play high minutes.

Adding Hayward is huge.  

They won 53 games last season and added the #3 pick in the draft and a top 10 talent.  

We'll have to wait and see the matchup with Cleveland, but they'll be in the running, that is certain.  

They are also set up for the future with multiple 1st round picks.   Also an average age of under 25.  

I'm not a Celtics fan, but I like Brad and I envy their situation.  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think people may be over looking what the Celtics did.   They lost nothing. 

They added Tatum who won't need to be forced to play high minutes.

Adding Hayward is huge.  

They won 53 games last season and added the #3 pick in the draft and a top 10 talent.  

We'll have to wait and see the matchup with Cleveland, but they'll be in the running, that is certain.  

They are also set up for the future with multiple 1st round picks.   Also an average age of under 25.  

I'm not a Celtics fan, but I like Brad and I envy their situation.  

They could arguably be #1 so I agree. I just put OKC #1 because getting PG for very little is a huge win for Sam Presti. Presti is a guy I have ripped in the past for letting Harden go, Ibaka go, etc. but this move was one of his best.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They could arguably be #1 so I agree. I just put OKC #1 because getting PG for very little is a huge win for Sam Presti. Presti is a guy I have ripped in the past for letting Harden go, Ibaka go, etc. but this move was one of his best.

Yeah, I'm rotting for them to compete in the West even though I now despise PG. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far big winners in Free Agency/Trades/the summer in general are:

1. OKC - Getting PG and only losing Dipo and Sabonis

2. Wolves - They got Butler for a bag of chips

-that is my Top 3, I am not sure CP3 will mesh well in Houston. I am not sold on that. He is an aging Point Guard and that was Harden's position last season. That may be a chemistry nightmare? I am surprised the Cavs haven't done anything big yet, they re-signed Kyle Korver but that has been it. Jose Calderon lmao 

Another team I would add are the Kings. They arguably had the best draft and made other solid moves (at least on paper)

On 7/3/2017 at 11:01 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

Sure didn't seem like it this past year.. He just wanted to shoot half of his 15-20 shots a game behind the 3 point line. He would have been a perfect fit for Cleveland. Paul put on his best "poor-man's Kobe" impression, and went all diva right along with it. I think it's great that KP sent his butt to OKC. He can go fight with Westbrook and try to get the ball from him. They'll be lucky to win 50 games next year with the way those 2 play. It wouldn't surprise me if OKC unloads PG at the trade deadline.

LA won't sniff a title playing in the west with GS and San Antonio

Which is why it would be nice to get that 18 OKC pick from Minnesota in a sign and trade deal with Minnesota to send CJ miles to them and take back salary in form of aldrich. I don't think the OKC thing is going to work and with that tough West finishing 9th might mean a lottery pick even if OKC is better than 90% of the East.

worst case it's a pick in the 20s that could be maybe packaged with our own top 10 pick to move up a few spots. That's the kinda deals I want to be doing. Using our cap space to help other teams sign guys and accruing draft picks that we can maybe do a Portland move next year where we have 3 picks even if later or we can move into top 10. We are going to put a competitive team on the floor....but not competitive enough to win 35 games...so let's have so foresight.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Those guys are basically available now as free agents. Boston has to move salaries to finish signing Hayward. We could get them without having to give up a thing. Nobody wants to believe it but the crap floated out on the internet is all fakes. These 3 draft picks and player stuff....it wasn't 3 good draft picks and Crowder or Bradley. Celtics were offering their own late picks and not coming off the la, Brooklyn, memphis picks. They also wanted to move bad contracts like olynik and zeller who they just ended up cutting anyways. Crowder was discussed. They weren't giving us Brown or Tatum or high picks....OKC deal was better. Plus we don't make a power team in the East to beat our butts for the next decade....just like we weren't giving PG to Lebron and Cleveland. That would be like the Colts saying AL is demanding a trade so let's send him to the Patriots for some deflated footballs so our rivals can blast us for another decade.

12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The is a rumor that the Pacers are one of several teams interested in Kelly Olynyk

I hope not...he can't rebound or play defense....plus we just landed big in dipo trade. He has been mentioned in trades for weeks in PG deals so I think reporters just naturally think we want him.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I hope not...he can't rebound or play defense....plus we just landed big in dipo trade. He has been mentioned in trades for weeks in PG deals so I think reporters just naturally think we want him.

I totally agree

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Those guys are basically available now as free agents. Boston has to move salaries to finish signing Hayward. We could get them without having to give up a thing. Nobody wants to believe it but the crap floated out on the internet is all fakes. These 3 draft picks and player stuff....it wasn't 3 good draft picks and Crowder or Bradley. Celtics were offering their own late picks and not coming off the la, Brooklyn, memphis picks. They also wanted to move bad contracts like olynik and zeller who they just ended up cutting anyways. Crowder was discussed. They weren't giving us Brown or Tatum or high picks....OKC deal was better. Plus we don't make a power team in the East to beat our butts for the next decade....just like we weren't giving PG to Lebron and Cleveland. That would be like the Colts saying AL is demanding a trade so let's send him to the Patriots for some deflated footballs so our rivals can blast us for another decade.

What is this fear of PG being on the Celtics or Cavs who cares by the time we would be ready to win again PG will be old and LeBron will be retired the whole NBA is literally waiting the warriors era out you take the best deal you can period who cares if it's the same conference 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am surprised the Cavs haven't done anything big yet, they re-signed Kyle Korver but that has been it. Jose Calderon lmao 

Cavs fans still want Carmelo and they scream "And Lebron will turn him into Olympic Melo!!!." Sigh.

Jose Calderon, don't laugh. Dude is the missing piece, a total Warriors killer.

Calderon_Jose_nyk_150113.jpg

Although sadly yes the Cavs bench is starting to look like the nursing home of the NBA.

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

But Kelly did turn into Larry Bird in game 7 vs. the Wizards in the 4th quarter. lmao And he can rip off Kevin Love's limbs at a moment's notice.

A lot of Boston fans can't stand him, I think he gets tons of cheers for being the big white dude who looks like he was the 4th missing member of Nirvana who clunked around. When he falls on the court some have claimed you can even hear the thud out loud. Don't Pacers fans want this?

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I do, like Sabonis too but Inthink I am in a big minority

I like dipo ....paired with a pg like hill or even at times with Lance I think it can be interesting. I think Sabonis will fit well with Turner. He is a banger and has some nice post moves...he fakes and has nice pivot moves. If he can keep improving to hit consistently on 15-17 footers that will be good. Myles is our stretch big anyways. I wish we could have gotten better players but these are young guys that could improve and play well next to Myles. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But Bradley is still a middling talent and on a one year rental. Oh yes, lets trade for a restricted free agent.
 Silliness.