Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I realize that you directed your reply to 2006CBE not me, but I do agree with you NFLfan that Lebron faces a lot of unwarranted backlash over picking Jordan's same jersey number & the chalk toss MJ his idol used to do back in the day that James used to replicate a lot before games. I'm not an avid NBA watcher so I can't say with certainty if he even does the chalk thing anymore. LeBron used to flop a lot on the court for calls in his favor early in his career. Some guy on You Tube did a NBA flopping skit with his high school buddies mocking this trend by him. It was pretty darn funny I gotta say. 

 

James's HOF legacy is secure just by winning a ring last season in Cleveland. He's a smart, well read man with a kind soul who helps out members of the Ohio community by sending them to college if they work hard, study, & earn good grades. I felt horrible for his family over the racial slur printed on his front gate. We've come so far as a society & yet sadly; not far enough apparently. There are good people out there of every race, religion, & gender though & LeBron knows that. Shortsighted fools ruin it for everybody else though unfortunately as you are well aware my friend. 

 

Don't get me started on the crybaby at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue either. Oy Vey! I know; I know. I'll stop before I get myself in trouble. LOL! 

 

I appreciate this explanation. Is that what it is? The chalk toss? I had not known that. I am not even familiar with what that is. Shows you how much NBA I watch.

 

As for flopping, I am pretty sure that other players do the same. And choosing Jordan's uniform number...I don't see what is to hate there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has b

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

Love how all the mainstream sports media outlets are talking about what went wrong with the Cavs and LeBron instead of praising the Pacers. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

The Warriors are not gonna do the same crap as last year. They'll play their game and win going away

I hope you are right, I want the Warriors to win you know that. I wouldn't think they would blow another lead either but the NBA is whacky at times. Last season shocked the crap out of me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was a fan of LeBron before he left Cleveland. That is the only reason why I dislike him, that and the constant GOAT talk by the media and his fan base - but that isn't LeBron's fault but it does get old when you follow Basketball like I do. Anyway the Warriors better not screw around tonight and treat this like a Game 7 or this will be a series scary one at that. Losing the other night was no big deal, Warriors were due for a loss and I don't think anyone picked the Warriors to sweep. They lose tonight though, we have a series.

 

I was not referring to you. The few comments I have seen you write, you don't seem angry and bitter. You only sound angry when fans criticize the Colts. haha

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I appreciate this explanation. Is that what it is? The chalk toss? I had not known that. I am not even familiar with what that is. Shows you how much NBA I watch.

 

As for flopping, I am pretty sure that other players do the same. And choosing Jordan's uniform number...I don't see what is to hate there.

I am one that didn't find the chalk toss or his jersey selection a problem at all. It didn't bother me at all. Most people I have came across that don't like him is because he went to Miami to form a Superteam, leaving the Cavs to get an easy Ring. Or it's just the hype he gets from the media because he talked about so much. I have never came across anyone that hated him for a chalk toss or jersey #.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

GS very sloppy again. They also would be better off forcing Kyrie and Lebron to shoot jump shots. Give them enough room to hang themselves. They are scoring at the basket and creating open jumpers for teammates. Just a foot off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am one that didn't find the chalk toss or his jersey selection a problem at all. It didn't bother me at all. Most people I have came across that don't like him is because he went to Miami to form a Superteam, leaving the Cavs to get an easy Ring. Or it's just the hype he gets from the media because he talked about so much. I have never came across anyone that hated him for a chalk toss or jersey #.

It was the Miami move and the not 1,2,3,4 etc thing. Also the King James thing before he had won something. However when he scorched the Pistons for like 30 consecutive points in 4th and OT I loved him for killing them. Overall I still recognize how great he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

It was the Miami move and the not 1,2,3,4 etc thing. Also the King James thing before he had won something. However when he scorched the Pistons for like 30 consecutive points in 4th and OT I loved him for killing them. Overall I still recognize how great he is.

I was loving that lmao. I was rooting for the Cavs when they played Detroit. I hated Detroit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol okay.. cavs are coming back from 0-3.. its done.  All these great comebacks in sports..

 

Yeah, I have this ridiculous gut feeling they're going to win the series.  They're going to shoot 60% for the rest of the series and win..........

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Real question here...why does Dremond stand at 3 pt line? If he would follow the driver just a bit he could have all the elbow jumpers he could want and hit a much higher percentage. Bad basketball. Standing at 3pt line for guy like him makes no sense. He could score 20 with 15-17 footers like David West used to and still does. He should wear that spot out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

 

Yeah, I have this ridiculous gut feeling they're going to win the series.  They're going to shoot 60% for the rest of the series and win..........

Make Lebron and Kyrie into jump shooters and don't have to help on their drives and you snuff out their 3 pt shooters. Sure Kyrie and Lebron will hit many but no where near their points at the rim.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Myles changed the title to 2017-2018 Indiana Pacers
  • RockThatBlue locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...