Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

23 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Dennis Schroder of the Hawks has come out and basically implied that he could be traded and he mentioned the Pacers as a place that "wouldn't be too bad" to play for.

He'll be 25 going into next season and averaged 19 points and 6 assists. He's not a good 3 point shooter though.

I'd do a trade if it was something like TJ Leaf/Anigbogu and our 1st this year, but they probably will want more than that.

I saw that, Blue.....the 'Demolition Man'

Its interesting.....I wouldn't want him instead of Darren Collison. I'd want him WITH Collison.

A backcourt of Schroder and Oladipo with Joseph and Collison coming off the bench would keep the defense worried all night..

Truthfully, we played Lance at small forward.....and used Joseph as a defensive stopper.

..we could start 3 guards and bring Bogdonavich off the bench

Schroder makes $15.5 a year and is signed for the next 3 years.

But you're right..they don't want older players like Thad Young and Collison and Bogdonavich and our pick is 23rd.....

........we'd have to be wiling to take a bad contract and the only have two..

Kent Bazemore...$16 mil, $18 mil..$19 mil the next 3 years

..and Miles Plumlee..$12 mil for the next 3 years.

Schroder and Miles Plumlee for TF Leaf, Al Jefferson (who they'd release) and Edmund Sumner (I like Ike)

• Like 1

Who would like Marcus Smart on the Pacers?

He is a restricted free agent and he is 24...

Big and Bad on defense..just plain bad on offense.....but he has Lance-like intensity.and he does average 10 a game

I'd offer him 3 years at $10 mil and see if Boston matches it....

Boston has salary issues...Al Horford makes $29 mil and $30 mil the next two years..

Hayward makes $31 mil and then $32 mil and $34 mil  the following 2 years..

Kyrie make $21 mil next year and then hes a free agent

33 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol LeBron is so predictable hahaha

I said Sunday game two he'd go for 47 and 17 boards

unfortunately......some Celtic who shall go nameless (Marcus Morris!) got all excited after Game one and..said that LeBron scored a lot of points in the first two series because the Pacers and Raptors dont know how to play defense....

He went out and scored 21 on Morris in the first quarter

Uh oh....  Looks like LeBron's out of the game now with a concussion

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

:rock:2-0 Boston! Who would've thunk that? Kevin Love even had 22 Points and 15 Rebounds to go with LeBron's 42 Points and they still got beat by double digits. You can put a fork in Cleveland. Heck Boston doesn't even need Kyrie to beat these guys.

I thought we had 'em but I really think Boston does..

...even if the Cavs rally next weekend......too much defense\\LBJ and Love got all they can do....Korver got his.....its not enough..JR..shut out....George Hill...3 points in 33 minutes

..Cavs have to win in Boston and I dont think they can

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I thought we had 'em but I really think Boston does..

...even if the Cavs rally next weekend......too much defense

..Cavs have to win in Boston and I dont think they can

We should've had them, the difference in our series was they had HCA and Game 7 was there. Had we had HCA I definitely think we win. Boston is up 2-0 with HCA, it would take a miracle now for the Cavs to win. Teams that are up 2-0 in any series in NBA history win 94% of the time. When the Celtics are up 2-0 in any series, they are 37-0 all-time.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We should've had them, the difference in our series was they had HCA and Game 7 was there. Had we had HCA I definitely think we win. Boston is up 2-0 with HCA, it would take a miracle now for the Cavs to win. Teams that are up 2-0 in any series in NBA history win 94% of the time. When the Celtics are up 2-0 in any series, they are 37-0 all-time.

Okay..now... get ready for 'ESPN-James' to roll out all the stats about how LeBron has never lost in the East.

The only concern is Boston's road playoff record..they just aren't the same

But the Cavs have to win in Boston

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Okay..now... get ready for 'ESPN-James' to roll out all the stats about how LeBron has never lost in the East.

The only concern is Boston's road playoff record..they just aren't the same

But the Cavs have to win in Boston

Cavs look tired to me, I would be shocked if they were able to win 4 of the next 5 games. You never know though because they have LeBron but I don't see it. Had the Cavs won tonight, they probably win in 6 but being down 0-2 is real bad.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cavs look tired to me, I would be shocked if they were able to win 4 of the next 5 games. You never know though because they have LeBron but I don't see it. Had the Cavs won tonight, they probably win in 6 but being down 0-2 is real bad.

I agree..Cleveland looked tired and Boston did not

..a lot of turnovers were just hustle and speed....LeBron (and I know how this sounds) looked tired scoring 41

Love is flying around hitting layups and dunks but LeBron just looked stale...6 more turnovers

Some of his shot choices were terrible.....he looks a little baked...

If the next game was Thursday...Cavs would be smoked..but they get 3 full days off

Edited by oldunclemark

I agree..Cleveland looked tired and Boston did not

..a lot of turnovers were just hustle and speed....LeBron (and I know how this sounds) looked tired scoring 41

Love is flying around hitting layups and dunks but LeBron just looked stale...6 more turnovers

Some of his shot choices were terrible.....

If the next game was Thursday...Cavs would be smoked..but they get 3 full days off

Cavs will win Game 3 IMO but not sure about Game 4? I am not going to bash LeBron tonight, he had 42/12/10 and shot above 50%. Love played a Great game too, Korver ok game. JR and Hill were duds though.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cavs will win Game 3 IMO but not sure about Game 4? I am not going to bash LeBron tonight, he had 42/12/10 and shot above 50%. Love played a Great game too, Korver ok game. JR and Hill were duds though.

Jeff Green....3 points...5 turnovers....

LeBron did get hit in the head and I thought he had a concussion...His game did tail off after that

..but Boston was letting Korver come off those illegal screens and he was hitting his shots

But Tatum and Smith and Rozier just move better than anybody the Cavs have

Jeff Green....3 points...5 turnovers....

LeBron did get hit in the head and I thought he had a concussion...His game did tail off after that

..but Boston was letting Korver come off those illegal screens and he was hitting his shots

But Tatum and Smith and Rozier just move better than anybody the Cavs have

This still could be a long series but the Cavs have to win both in Cleveland.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, Bluefire4 said:

Dennis Schroder of the Hawks has come out and basically implied that he could be traded and he mentioned the Pacers as a place that "wouldn't be too bad" to play for.

He'll be 25 going into next season and averaged 19 points and 6 assists. He's not a good 3 point shooter though.

I'd do a trade if it was something like TJ Leaf/Anigbogu and our 1st this year, but they probably will want more than that.

Schroder is not only a TERRIBLE 3pt shooter 29% (something we already lack) but he is basically the worst defensive PG in the league. HORRIBLE defense. He ranks 95 out of 96 point guards in defensive efficiency.....and year before he was 72 out of 78....in fact he ranked worst in 2013....that is NOT a Pacer in my mind. We pride ourselves on good defense and tough minded players. Sure he has a good assist/turnover ratio and can get to the basket and score a bit but he plays on basically the worst team in the NBA....so someone has to score. BIG NO on my side. Just because someone wants to play for us doesn't mean we should take them.

16 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Who would like Marcus Smart on the Pacers?

He is a restricted free agent and he is 24...

Big and Bad on defense..just plain bad on offense.....but he has Lance-like intensity.and he does average 10 a game

I'd offer him 3 years at $10 mil and see if Boston matches it....

Boston has salary issues...Al Horford makes $29 mil and $30 mil the next two years..

Hayward makes $31 mil and then $32 mil and $34 mil  the following 2 years..

Kyrie make $21 mil next year and then hes a free agent

We already have a clone of Smart in Lance....and Lance is cheaper. I love his enthusiasm and hard play...if he could develop a 3pt shot he would be really special. This team already needs shooting...Dipo is a great player but his ability to space the floor and get to the rim is what opens up the offense for others. We need to pair him with great shooters I feel to get the most out of his ability. I like Smart...love the type of player he is...just not sure the fit...especially when we have a clone in Lance already on the roster.

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Great game by JR....23 minutes...ZERO points..and a big flagrant foul.

$14 mil a year

Boston up 10....going to be 2-0 Celtics

Yep...when JR is involved and shooting well it's a difference maker for the Cavs. It can't just be Lebron....heck even Lebron and Kevin aren't enough. You have to have that 3rd scorer...and JR or Korver have to be that guy. Bad thing is when JR isn't involved offensively...he also struggles at the defensive end too. I just feel like only 3 guys are really laying it all out there for the Cavs. Lebron, Love, and Thompson....everyone else is just meh. Sure if their shot falls then magically they start to give effort...if not...heck with it...not our night. Can't win consistently like that. After Lebron got almost knocked cold from that shoulder he just wasn't the same. He played with a lot of heart but just not enough. I knew they were in trouble when he goes off in the first quarter and Cleveland couldn't separate. Series isn't over because Boston is terrible on the road...but Lebron's back is against the wall....I look for him to come out swinging on Saturday. I will give Lebron credit...he cries about a lot of calls...but there are times when he goes up and he gets wrapped up or pulled down and he rarely loses his cool. Non basketball fouls if you will. One of these days as big as he is he is going to have to go at someone to make them think twice before doing that stuff. He seems to nice imo...a little more edge would serve him well.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Schroder is not only a TERRIBLE 3pt shooter 29% (something we already lack) but he is basically the worst defensive PG in the league. HORRIBLE defense. He ranks 95 out of 96 point guards in defensive efficiency.....and year before he was 72 out of 78....in fact he ranked worst in 2013....that is NOT a Pacer in my mind. We pride ourselves on good defense and tough minded players. Sure he has a good assist/turnover ratio and can get to the basket and score a bit but he plays on basically the worst team in the NBA....so someone has to score. BIG NO on my side. Just because someone wants to play for us doesn't mean we should take them.

He's young, exerienced  and his offensive numbers are very good...as you say

When the Hawks made the playoffs last year...this guy averaged 20 a game over 6 games

To be accurate.... ..Schroder is a 32% 3-point shooter for his career and has been as high as 35%..that's plenty enough

..and defensive rankings are partly a product of who you play with...as you say, the worst team in the NBA.  We have good coaches......He'd be better with us.

......and this is a tough guy..we've all seen him play

If a quality young proven starter says he wants to play with us .because he likes our team and think we're on the rise (his words) that is most definetly a reason to get him if we can fit him into the pay scale.

I don't know if this is even a possibility......the Hawks wouild have to want something we have...and they have him locked up for 3 more years..

But if that somethng is our No.1 draft choice...this year and last (TJ Leaf) I'd ignore his 'flaws' and get him in a second.  He's 24

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

We already have a clone of Smart in Lance....and Lance is cheaper. I love his enthusiasm and hard play...if he could develop a 3pt shot he would be really special. This team already needs shooting...Dipo is a great player but his ability to space the floor and get to the rim is what opens up the offense for others. We need to pair him with great shooters I feel to get the most out of his ability. I like Smart...love the type of player he is...just not sure the fit...especially when we have a clone in Lance already on the roster.

Lance and Marcus Smart play with the same attitude but they aren't the same player at all.

Lance is much better offensively and Marcus is much better defensively..and we need a big defensive guard...

WE can get other guys to shoot...

I'd at least make an offer.....it costs us no players or picks..and there's a chance Boston cant afford to keep him..again..here is a young guy who could be with us for years

Rodney Hood is a restricted free agent and the Cavs probably don't want him back..

...14 ppg. a game...6-foot-8 shooter......proven scorer

..Maybe $15 mi a year.....and you don't have to give up anybody to get him

Could play the '3' as well///./

They can match any offer..but they probably wont...What do you think?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

64-50 at the Half. Yeah the Warriors are content with the split. I called this one. I said Warriors would win Game 1 and lose Game 2. I don't think the Rockets can win in Golden St but we will see.

If the Rockets start hitting the open shots they are getting....they will win.

...They can win a shootout with GSW.......that;s their game

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rockets should win tonight, right? Anybody that is any good doesn't lose the 1st 2 games at home. Regarding the Pacers, I would love to pick up Smart, it would just add to our already solid Defense.

Boston surely wants to keep him but the Celtics have 3 max contract guys ,,,they might not match an 8-figure ($10-$15 mil or more) offer

We are small at guard and he would remedy that... I know hes a little crazy (apparently he punched a locker and broke his hand this year, right?) ..but coach McMillan knows what having a crazy player is like

...and he's 24 years old..he just turned 24 in March

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

Boston surely wants to keep him but the Celtics have 3 max contract guys ,,,they might not match an 8-figure ($10-$15 mil or more) offer

We are small at guard and he would remedy that... I know hes a little crazy (apparently he pinched a locker and broke his hand this year, right?) ..but coach McMillan knows what having a crazy player is like

...and he's 24 years old..he just turned 24 in March

I would sign him in a heartbeat. Our Defense is already Good, imagine him on our team.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would sign him in a heartbeat. Our Defense is already Good, imagine him on our team.

..and to go against the 'The Process' or LBJ or the Baby Dinosaurs (well, maybe not them) ....you need guys who are not afraid........Smart is not a good offensive player but hes not afraid..

..and he could improve offensively...he's still young

• Like 1