Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has b

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

Love how all the mainstream sports media outlets are talking about what went wrong with the Cavs and LeBron instead of praising the Pacers. 

Posted Images

We won this game when Vic had a pretty poor night. He did have 18 points but he was 5-15 from the floor and only 1 of 8 from 3 point range. The *itive side he had 6 rebounds, 7 buttists and 3 steals. Even though he struggled shooting he got down with doing the dirty work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jjd56we.png

Coming over from the Philadelphia/Miami series and watching indy vs the Lebrons, I feel like I have traveled back a good decade and a half. Very little movement on offense and both teams just trapping the opposing teams best player all game long

 

As bad as the refs have been in our series, this was somehow even uglier. 

 

Congratulations on the win, i guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HOFClipboardHolder said:

Jjd56we.png

Coming over from the Philadelphia/Miami series and watching indy vs the Lebrons, I feel like I have traveled back a good decade and a half. Very little movement on offense and both teams just trapping the opposing teams best player all game long

 

As bad as the refs have been in our series, this was somehow even uglier. 

 

Congratulations on the win, i guess

The Pacers out scored the Cavs 19 points in the 2nd half. If that's not enough for you to be excited about I don't know what to tell you. Bogy out played LBJ to bring home a win.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

We won this game when Vic had a pretty poor night. He did have 18 points but he was 5-15 from the floor and only 1 of 8 from 3 point range. The *itive side he had 6 rebounds, 7 buttists and 3 steals. Even though he struggled shooting he got down with doing the dirty work.

They really came hard at Vic with the traps. He's unselfish player rarely does he force things so he looked to pass. He trusts his guys to make plays. It was great to see Bogey have that kind of second half. He's had an impact on the series in other ways like checking Bron but he hadn't been shooting it great. That changed tonight I love the guys game. He's underrated as player. He's more then a 3pt shooter and he has been the Robin to Vic's Batman all year.

 

You hit it on the head this team does the dirty work to get W's. They have worked to turn weakness into strength. We struggled rebounding the ball and on D early in the year. We hang our hat on D now and hit the boards. That's putting in work. Myles is hitting the glass consistently huge step forward in his game.  

 

That was a heck of a W but no time to celebrate. We have a quick turnaround which should be to our advantage. We have to get the game on Sunday. It'll be interesting to see what they try to do with Dipo in that one. I'm not sure they want to give him that look again. I think our biggest obstacle is to stay out of the officiating. I thought that almost got to us tonight. We are not getting many calls and we are going to take some terrible ones. That is the deal and complaining won't help It just takes energy and focus away from the game remind them Nate. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

They really came hard at Vic with the traps. He's unselfish player rarely does he force things so he looked to pass. He trusts his guys to make plays. It was great to see Bogey have that kind of second half. He's had an impact on the series in other ways like checking Bron but he hadn't been shooting it great. That changed tonight I love the guys game. He's underrated as player. He's more then a 3pt shooter and he has been the Robin to Vic's Batman all year.

 

You hit it on the head this team does the dirty work to get W's. They have worked to turn weakness into strength. We struggled rebounding the ball and on D early in the year. We hang our hat on D now and hit the boards. That's putting in work. Myles is hitting the glass consistently huge step forward in his game.  

 

That was a heck of a W but no time to celebrate. We have a quick turnaround which should be to our advantage. We have to get the game on Sunday. It'll be interesting to see what they try to do with Dipo in that one. I'm not sure they want to give him that look again. I think our biggest obstacle is to stay out of the officiating. I thought that almost got to us tonight. We are not getting many calls and we are going to take some terrible ones. That is the deal and complaining won't help It just takes energy and focus away from the game remind them Nate. 

Very good assessment. I think my favorite thing about this team is they just keep playing no matter what the score is. The team work is a thing of beauty that is appreciated by their fans. We have a great leader in Vic but when he gets bottled up the other players pick up the pace and make up for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the game as I was at my schools baseball game with some people (they won), I kept track and got love the never give up of this team. They know that anything is possible. If officating was somewhat fair I say we'd be up 3-0. 2 more games of a possible 4 left thats all we need. Time to show what Indiana Basketball is made of

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night was the biggest Playoff win we have had since we beat Miami in Game 6 of the 2013 ECFinals to force a Game 7. Have to go back 5 years to have a feeling like last night. We just need to keep it up. I will say this no matter what happens now, the media knows we are no joke and have a Good team. Not 1 person had the Cavs losing more than 1 game in this series on ESPN.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

This would be amazing. Game 4 is the series. If the Pacers win that game, they’ll win the series

Yeah, Vic is due to have a big game as well. He had one in Game 1 but has been off in Games 2 and 3. I like our chances to win Game 4. Cavs now have tons of pressure on them, they have to win Game 4.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, Vic is due to have a big game as well. He had one in Game 1 but has been off in Games 2 and 3. I like our chances to win Game 4. Cavs now have tons of pressure on them, they have to win Game 4.

Yep. Pacers had the pressure on them last night and came through with a win. Game 4 is on the Cavs. I can’t wait for tomorrow

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last night was the biggest Playoff win we have had since we beat Miami in Game 6 of the 2013 ECFinals to force a Game 7. Have to go back 5 years to have a feeling like last night. We just need to keep it up. I will say this no matter what happens now, the media knows we are no joke and have a Good team. Not 1 person had the Cavs losing more than 1 game in this series on ESPN.

Damien Woody on the morning show with Jalen Michelle and Greeny GET UP I think it's called picked us to win the series. Jalen has it going 7 but Cavs winning I'm pretty sure Woody took us in 5 or 6. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yep. Pacers had the pressure on them last night and came through with a win. Game 4 is on the Cavs. I can’t wait for tomorrow

I agree. Pacers had to win last night and they came through. Couldn't afford to go down 2-1 because then LeBron could've basically took Game 4 off/not exerting much energy. Now the pressure is on the Cavs, they have to win Games 4 and 5 in reality because Game 6 is back in Indy. We can play loose now and hopefully that allows guys to hit their shots early and often. If we lose Game 4 it wouldn't be good but I think we can win another in Cleveland from what I have been watching. We can just make it easier on ourselves if we take Game 4.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Damien Woody on the morning show with Jalen Michelle and Greeny GET UP I think it's called picked us to win the series. Jalen has it going 7 but Cavs winning I'm pretty sure Woody took us in 5 or 6. 

Interesting, that is a new show which I haven't really watched. Mike Golic Jr and Trey Wingo had Cavs in a sweep. Mike Golic Sr had Cavs in 5. I watch Golic/Wingo several mornings so that is what I was going by. Also on First Take, Max had the Cavs sweeping and even said the Heat would've been a tougher series for the Cavs going in. Stephen A had Cavs in 5. I guess I am watching the wrong shows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Interesting, that is a new show which I haven't really watched. Mike Golic Jr and Trey Wingo had Cavs in a sweep. Mike Golic Sr had Cavs in 5. I watch Golic/Wingo several mornings so that is what I was going by. Also on First Take, Max had the Cavs sweeping and even said the Heat would've been a tougher series for the Cavs going in. Stephen A had Cavs in 5. I guess I am watching the wrong shows.

I don’t really watch talk shows anymore. Not just because I work. But also because they’ve just turned stale. It’s the same thing over and over again

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. Pacers had to win last night and they came through. Couldn't afford to go down 2-1 because then LeBron could've basically took Game 4 off/not exerting much energy. Now the pressure is on the Cavs, they have to win Games 4 and 5 in reality because Game 6 is back in Indy. We can play loose now and hopefully that allows guys to hit their shots early and often. If we lose Game 4 it wouldn't be good but I think we can win another in Cleveland from what I have been watching. We can just make it easier on ourselves if we take Game 4.

I honestly don’t know if the Pacers would win another game in Cleveland. Let’s just take care of business at home!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I don’t really watch talk shows anymore. Not just because I work. But also because they’ve just turned stale. It’s the same thing over and over again

I don't watch them as much, when I work nights Golic/Wingo just happen to be on when I get home in the morning. So I check them out before I go to bed. I really don't watch First Take much but just know what Max and Stephen A predicted because I seen it on the ESPN website.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yep. Pacers had the pressure on them last night and came through with a win. Game 4 is on the Cavs. I can’t wait for tomorrow

Short turnaround should be to our advantage too. I like how Vic seemingly keeps us focused on the task at hand not getting too up. It'll be interesting to see what they throw at Vic. If they come with that hard trap again he's going to dice it up. He did pretty well vs the trap yesterday but give him 2 days with tape and watch him go to work. 

 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, Vic is due to have a big game as well. He had one in Game 1 but has been off in Games 2 and 3. I like our chances to win Game 4. Cavs now have tons of pressure on them, they have to win Game 4.

Vic wasn't so much off game 2 he just had his minutes limited He still shot 50% from the floor for 22pts and a team best +11. They really have no answer for Dipo the game changes when he's on the floor. I'd make him a jump shooter play off take away drives and try to limit easy transition stuff. Then hope he's not hitting the J. That's a lot easier said then done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Short turnaround should be to our advantage too. I like how Vic seemingly keeps us focused on the task at hand not getting too up. It'll be interesting to see what they throw at Vic. If they come with that hard trap again he's going to dice it up. He did pretty well vs the trap yesterday but give him 2 days with tape and watch him go to work. 

 

Vic wasn't so much off game 2 he just had his minutes limited He still shot 50% from the floor for 22pts and a team best +11. They really have no answer for Dipo the game changes when he's on the floor. I'd make him a jump shooter play off take away drives and try to limit easy transition stuff. Then hope he's not hitting the J. That's a lot easier said then done. 

Yeah this Pacers team doesn’t get too up or too down. That’s the sign of a mature team. It’s been such a fun year. This would just add to it. And I also expect Victor to be ready on Sunday

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't watch them as much, when I work nights Golic/Wingo just happen to be on when I get home in the morning. So I check them out before I go to bed. I really don't watch First Take much but just know what Max and Stephen A predicted because I seen it on the ESPN website.

First Take went downhill when Skip left. I just can’t get into Kellerman. And I absolutely hate it when they start talking about politics

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

First Take went downhill when Skip left. I just can’t get into Kellerman. And I absolutely hate it when they start talking about politics

Yeah I hated Skip but he kept it entertaining. Skip is a Luck hater but one thing I did like about him he wasn't a LeBron butt kisser. He was critical of LeBron a lot at times. I am usually sleeping by the time First Take comes on so I don't watch it much. I usually catch a couple of hours of Golic/Wingo and that is about it. Other than that I don't watch ESPN much unless there is a game on. ESPN has went downhill over the last few years. I watched the Pacers game on our local network last night but it was on ESPN.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Quinn and Chris Denari. They are fun to listen too. Boyle on the radio is one of the best of all-time, especially when Slick is with him.

Yeah I watched on ESPN. Tomorrow is on TNT. Is it on FSIndiana too? I know that was the case with game 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Interesting, that is a new show which I haven't really watched. Mike Golic Jr and Trey Wingo had Cavs in a sweep. Mike Golic Sr had Cavs in 5. I watch Golic/Wingo several mornings so that is what I was going by. Also on First Take, Max had the Cavs sweeping and even said the Heat would've been a tougher series for the Cavs going in. Stephen A had Cavs in 5. I guess I am watching the wrong shows.

I'm not sure I could sit through Stephen A Smith  I'm not a fan. I do like Kellerman and value his opinion when boxing is the topic.

 

The new show as far as morning sports talk goes is good IMO. Jalen knows bball and as an ex Pacer knows what time it is in Indy. Who could forget him and Reggie both going for 40 vs Philly game 1 in the conference semifinals to ignite our finals run? I had no problem with the Cavs in 7 pick. He said it's a bigger upset then a 8 over 1 in NBA land to sit Lebron down in round 1. I'm not sure if Woody is a full time addition. He should be he's obviously dialed in to the NFL and seems to have an above average knowledge of sports. Michelle has knowledge and jokes. Then just ignore Greeny not a bad program. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I'm not sure I could sit through Stephen A Smith  I'm not a fan. I do like Kellerman and value his opinion when boxing is the topic.

 

The new show as far as morning sports talk goes is good IMO. Jalen knows bball and as an ex Pacer knows what time it is in Indy. Who could forget him and Reggie both going for 40 vs Philly game 1 in the conference semifinals to ignite our finals run? I had no problem with the Cavs in 7 pick. He said it's a bigger upset then a 8 over 1 in NBA land to sit Lebron down in round 1. I'm not sure if Woody is a full time addition. He should be he's obviously dialed in to the NFL and seems to have an above average knowledge of sports. Michelle has knowledge and jokes. Then just ignore Greeny not a bad program. 

Yeah I like Jalen but really haven't watched the show yet. I guess because Golic/Wingo are on when I get home most mornings, Greeny comes on an hour later isn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I missed the game as I was at my schools baseball game with some people (they won), I kept track and got love the never give up of this team. They know that anything is possible. If officating was somewhat fair I say we'd be up 3-0. 2 more games of a possible 4 left thats all we need. Time to show what Indiana Basketball is made of

If the officiating was fair we would haclve won the last 2 games like we won game one they wouldn't be close they just get tons of stupid calls and tons of free points from the FT line 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • There is no one anywhere in football who thinks Bill Belichick “stinks”.   If you want to be taken seriously,  you’re going to do better than maybe BB stinks. 
    • I like a Jets trade as you noted above IF they hang with Darnold (which they might). They will need to get him some more weapons. I’d expect them to trade out of the second spot with someone like Atlanta, who could well be looking to find Ryan’s replacement. They could still get a stud LT at 4 like Sewell and use 21 for an impact WR. They would have received another high  Day 2 pick from Atlanta ( and more ) making their own 3rd round pick less critical. 
    • I take my hat off to the brave souls that do mock drafts on this board......   I REALLY think that we NEED an OT with the first or 2nd pick......  We have nada today for an important expensive position   We need the rookie wages      
    • Cap space - about 50M (spotrac)   Resign: Rhodes - 2/17M   Cap Space - 42M   FA:   Carl Lawson - 4y/40M Romeo Okwara - 4y/40M I trust Ballard but he doesnt have the best track record for drafting edge rushers so lets double down in FA on two that we know can get five or more sacks Jonnu Smith - 4y/32M Joe Haeg - 1y/1.5M   Cap Space - 12.5M   Draft: Miami got desperate and gave us both of their twos for our first  Most picks may go earlier but they could fall   R2P4 - Liam Eichenberg OT R2P18 - Greg Newsome CB R2P22 - Tutu Atwell WR (Let TY walk but replaced him with his reincarnation)  R4P22 - Richard Lecounte S  R5P21 - Monty Rice LB R6P21 - Khyris Tonga DT R7P21 - Tristan Hoge G/C   Roster:   QB - Wentz, Eason RB - Taylor, Hines, Wilkens WR - Pittman, Pascal, Patmon WR - Atwell, Campbell, Dulin TE - Smith, Doyle, MAC LT - Eichenberg, Haeg LG - Nelson C - Kelly, Hoge RG - Glowinski, Pinter RT - Smith   DE- Okwara, Turray 3T - Buckner, Lewis NT - Stewart, Tonga DE - Lawson, Banogu WLB - Leonard, Glasgow  MLB - Okereke, Speed, Rice SLB - Franklin, Adams CB - Rhodes, Ya-sin, Rodgers FS - Blackman, Odum SS - Willis, Lecounte CB - Moore, Newsome   K - Blankenship P - Sanchez LS - Rhodes 
  • Members

    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 7,361

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 6,359

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • adubb84

      adubb84 356

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 4,168

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chloe6124

      Chloe6124 9,802

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jimmy g

      jimmy g 334

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dingus McGirt

      Dingus McGirt 1,578

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hoose

      Hoose 1,081

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 8,266

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Bert Johns

      Bert Johns 116

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...