Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

14 hours ago, Myles said:

I'd view it with mixed feelings.   The Pacers are a good team, but are nearing their ceiling.   To be attractive to top free agents, they need to win this series and another.   Otherwise it is the same old situation.   Not having a top 10 draft pick and not being able to bring in top talent.  

The premise there again is: No one in his right mind would ever come to Indianapolis

..and I still reject that.

Believe it or not, they say that in every single NBA city..They used to say it in Oakland and Boston and they certainly say it in San Antonio.  I heard the announcers say that about Miami tonight

This is a pivotal series for the Pacers obviously...because we've been knocked out of the playoffs 2 years in a row in the first round...

If we beat the Cavs, people will want to come here. You'll see.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Philly answering the bell. I did pick Philly in 6 before this series just because I thought Miami didn't have huge scoring power. We do though so I still wish we would've drew them. Man I hope we get Game 3 tomorrow vs LeBron that would be huge for the franchise.

We have to pick up the pace/././The game slows in the playoffs but we have to pick it up.

We cant let them get away with playing Korver and Jose Calderon and  all these mid-30s guys

I'm confident that we'll play faster at home..The energy in the building will push us to play faster

Playing every other day...we can wear them down.

The thing you cant control is how well you shoot when the game gets hot

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We have to pick up the pace/././The game slows in the playoffs but we have to pick it up.

We cant let them get away with playing Korver and Jose Calderon and  all these mid-30s guys

I'm confident that we'll play faster at home..The energy in the building will push us to lay faster

Playing every other day...we can wear them down.

The thing you cant control is how well you shot when the game gets hot

It's a make or miss league no doubt. I hope Bogdanovic is hot from 3 and guys like JR and Korver are off. I still think LeBron gets his 30 but it's the other guys for them making 3's or not that will make or break us. If we run at a fast pace and Vic is going it will be all good.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

128-108.....76ers up 2-1.....Embid did get 23...

If they play Boston, the offense-defense matchup will be interesting

I am out of LIKES so that is why I am not giving any. I think Philly wins that one IMO. Too much Offense with Embiid back. I think only Toronto, Cavs, and us can beat Philly in the East.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's a make or miss league no doubt. I hope Bogdanovic is hot from 3 and guys like JR and Korver are off. I still think LeBron gets his 30 but it's the other guys for them making 3's or not that will make or break us. If we run at a fast pace and Vic is going it will be all good.

I'm looking at 98 points and 97 points for us.....and that's not where we want to be..even though its 1-1

I want Korver and JR and Calderon (and LeBron) to run up and down the floor a lot...

..I think their defense will crack if they're tired...

I thought they went 'small'  so Thad Young would have to guard somebody at the permiter (when Bogdonavich takes LBJ) ..

I think we might see some  of Glenn Robinson in a 3-guard look

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am out of LIKES so that is why I am not giving any. I think Philly wins that one IMO. Too much Offense with Embiid back. I think only Toronto, Cavs, and us can beat Philly in the East.

I keep predicting the end of the world for Boston ...I know it s coming but they just keep getting by

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm looking at 98 points and 97 points for us.....and that's not where we want to be..even though its 1-1

I want Korver and JR and Calderon (and LeBron) to run up and down the floor a lot...

..I think their defense will crack if they're tired...

I thought they went 'small'  so Thad Young would have to guard somebody at the permiter (when Bogdonavich takes LBJ) ..

I think we might see some  of Glenn Robinson in a 3-guard look

I have a feeling we break a 100 tomorrow. Something like 103-98 Pacers, just a guess but we are normally great in close games.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have a feeling we break a 100 tomorrow. Something like 103-98 Pacers, just a guess but we are normally great in close games.

If we can keep Vic and Domas out of foul trouble....(maybe the home court helps that) things should go our way later in the game

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Portland down 52-36, what happened to them :facepalm:

I dont know.....the only team having a worse playoff is Washington....

.........Portland cant quit tonight....if they don't win this one..they get swept and some folks lose their jobs

....I'm already looking at the Washington roster to see which players I'd like in Indy.

If they get swept they cant come back next season with that same team

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If we can keep Vic and Domas out of foul trouble....(maybe the home court helps that) things should go our way later in the game

I think tomorrow's game is the huge one, whoever wins that probably wins the series. Having said that, it isn't automatic that will happen. We could lose and still win Game 4 but I hope it doesn't come to that. If we win tomorrow, they have to win Games 4 and 5 or we will take it for sure.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

.........Portland cant quit tonight....if they don't win this one..they get swept and some folks lose their jobs

....I'm already looking at the Washington roster to see which players I'd like in Indy.

I think the Trail Blazers postseason has been worse. At least Washington is playing the best team in the conference and only have a low seed because John Wall was out for 2 1/2 months.

The Blazers were one of the hottest teams to finish the season and are the 3rd seed and are about to get swept. I can't remember the last time a 3rd seed got swept in the first round.

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The premise there again is: No one in his right mind would ever come to Indianapolis

..and I still reject that.

Believe it or not, they say that in every single NBA city..They used to say it in Oakland and Boston and they certainly say it in San Antonio.  I heard the announcers say that about Miami tonight

No one said that "no one in their right mind would ever come to Indianapolis".    The team signs free agents.   Just not top free agents.   It takes success to get them to reconsider.  

San Antonio may not be the best example for you to use.   They started this run by having David Robinson (#1 pick in the draft) and Tim Duncan (#1 pick in the draft).  

Comparing the attractiveness of Indy to Miami makes no sense. 

7 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think the Trail Blazers postseason has been worse. At least Washington is playing the best team in the conference and only have a low seed because John Wall was out for 2 1/2 months.

The Blazers were one of the hottest teams to finish the season and are the 3rd seed and are about to get swept. I can't remember the last time a 3rd seed got swept in the first round.

Blue.........I don't agree......Washington's entire season has been worse...

Washington was supposed to be in the Top-3 of 4 in the conference when the season began.

..ad Washington is an older team which has internal problems.  They were BETTER without John Wall...Why?

If they get swept being the 8th seed....that's a disaster...and they have to break up the team...because ti wont fix itself with time

Portland can bring the exact same team back next year....and they'll be fine...because they are younger than the other  west contenders.  Golden State is suddenly an older team

The East gets much stronger next year when Boston gets healthy and Philadelphia gets some sense about them.

We can go ahead and think about which players on Washington we'd like because they'll be available

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:05 AM, Myles said:

I'd view it with mixed feelings.   The Pacers are a good team, but are nearing their ceiling.   To be attractive to top free agents, they need to win this series and another.   Otherwise it is the same old situation.   Not having a top 10 draft pick and not being able to bring in top talent.  

You said its the same old situation. Its not.  You said we cant bring in Top-10 talent.

This is your post right,.

Victor Oladipo is Top-10 talent.

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

We will take Damian lillard off their hands hmif Portland gets swept haha

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You said its the same old situation. Its not.  You said we cant bring in Top-10 talent.

This is your post right,.

Victor Oladipo is Top-10 talent.

I said we cannot attract top free agents.   They got Vic by trading the last top 10 draft pic the team had.  

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

No one said that "no one in their right mind would ever come to Indianapolis".    The team signs free agents.   Just not top free agents.   It takes success to get them to reconsider.  

San Antonio may not be the best example for you to use.   They started this run by having David Robinson (#1 pick in the draft) and Tim Duncan (#1 pick in the draft).  

Comparing the attractiveness of Indy to Miami makes no sense. 

So Myles..you do suggest that quality free agents wont come to Indy, don't you. That was your post, right.?

San Antonio doesn't get top free agents, right?   Since LBJ, neither does Miami.

A city's attractiveness is only one factor..is my point. If we upset Cleveland, this season will make us a destination

There are no 'mixed feelings' because we have been winning.

There's a lot of good players available this summer....

With the season we've had, we'll be attractive

Even though were just Indianapolis

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I said we cannot attract top free agents.   They got Vic by trading the last top 10 draft pic the team had.  

And I say that you don't know what will happen this summer now that we won 48 and are about to (I'm being optimistic) eliminate LBJ..

I'm asking you to be positive.  We're on the rise.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

By the way where the hell was Paul George hiding all his talent when he was here? Dude leaves and starts playing 10 times better! Trust me I like Vic more and think hes still better but PG is annoying me with his play now. 

Paul will be a free agent..........L.A. can wait.

Come back to Indy for another 3-year run

Just now, oldunclemark said:

And I say that you don't know what will happen this summer now that we won 48 and are about to (I'm being optimistic) eliminate LBJ..

Keep thinking that way mark I'm doing the same thing! Hell yes we will eliminate LBJ!! Got to keep faith in the team :rock:

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Keep thinking that way mark I'm doing the same thing! Hell yes we will eliminate LBJ!! Got to keep faith in the team :rock:

This our the biggest game in many years......  The folks are going to be standing in the back row...tonight..

.....we have them where we want them...in Indy

29 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

1 - So Myles..you do suggest that quality free agents wont come to Indy, don't you. That was your post, right.?

2 - San Antonio doesn't get top free agents, right?   Since LBJ, neither does Miami.

3 - A city's attractiveness is only one factor..is my point. If we upset Cleveland, this season will make us a destination

1 - Top free agents is what I said.   I wasn't speaking in absolutes.  

2 - San Antonia is a bad comparison.   They established a winning tradition with two #1 picks and a great coach.  Miami won championships by attracting top free agents.  

3 - Yes the attractiveness of a city is only one factor.   No one argues that.  A winning tradition is another.   Beating the Cavs will help, but I think they need to go a step further this year.   Especially since the East is pretty open right now.   Hopefully they seize the moment.  

38 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I hope you are right, but my bet would be that the Pacers will once again put a good competitive team together that will finish 3-6 in the East.    30 years since the team picked in the top 5 makes it very tough for a small market team in the midwest (or mideast as I like to call it).

I still have hope though.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cavs aren't the same but LeBron is so it's silly for me or anyone to say the Pacers should just win this series because they are deeper. Read my earlier Posts. The guy is a Top 10 player ever, maybe Top 5 ever. Pacers don't have anyone like him and the REFS give him everything. I have watched this game for nearly 40 years and know if we win, it would be a upset. Anyone should know that.

It absolutely would be an upset.  The Pacers are 5, the Cavs 4.  I am not saying it wouldn't be an upset. I am saying this current Cavs team even with LeBron, isn't the same as previous LeBron teams.  Yes he's still great and a top 2 or 3 player in the league but he doesn't have the same team and he knows it.  If the Pacers play well offensively, keep the Cavs off the 3 and limit turnovers they can win this series.  I said from the get go the Cavs would probably win in 7.  I still think that, but the Pacers have a chance.  If the Pacers can make LeBron do it all, he's going to get tired, especially the longer this series goes.  If he gets out of this one, it's going to be another long one for him against the Raptors. I know the Raptors tend to choke in the playoffs but I think they have a better overall team than the Cavs and they'll have home court.  I don't think LeBron's making it to the finals this year unless there is a significant injury on another team.  I am not sure anyone should want him in the finals.  It would be ugly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Blue.........I don't agree......Washington's entire season has been worse...

Washington was supposed to be in the Top-3 of 4 in the conference when the season began.

..ad Washington is an older team which has internal problems.  They were BETTER without John Wall...Why?

If they get swept being the 8th seed....that's a disaster...and they have to break up the team...because ti wont fix itself with time

Portland can bring the exact same team back next year....and they'll be fine...because they are younger than the other  west contenders.  Golden State is suddenly an older team

The East gets much stronger next year when Boston gets healthy and Philadelphia gets some sense about them.

We can go ahead and think about which players on Washington we'd like because they'll be available

They were not better without John Wall. That was a storyline for one week until people finally agreed that was stupid. They were the 5th seed when John Wall was healthy, and were the 7th seed when he came back. I think if John Wall stays healthy, they would have been in a battle with us for the 5th seed.

And how are the Trail Blazers any younger than the Wizards? John Wall and Damian Lillard are the same age. CJ McCollum is 26 and Bradley Beal is only 24. Otto Porter is only 24. The Wizards three max players haven't even reached their prime yet.

Both teams are young and still have room to grow, but the Wizards are playing the better team and they haven't even gotten a playoff game at home yet.

The Trail Blazers lost both games at home in the postseason and are about to get swept. I'd feel much worse as a Blazers fan, and I don't think the Wizards need to get rid of anybody next season.

5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

By the way where the hell was Paul George hiding all his talent when he was here? Dude leaves and starts playing 10 times better! Trust me I like Vic more and think hes still better but PG is annoying me with his play now. 

He's playing the same way he did here. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

When we got swept by Cleveland in the playoffs last year PG still averaged 30.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

He's playing the same way he did here. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

When we got swept by Cleveland in the playoffs last year PG still averaged 30.

He's playing more clutch he's playing better D hes not just scoring in okc hes all around better 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He's playing more clutch he's playing better D hes not just scoring in okc hes all around better 

I've seen a lot of people thinking this way and I'm just trying to understand.

He's always been a great two-way guy. I don't know why that narrative is just being presented this year. 

I don't think he's more or less clutch. He didn't make a basket in the 4th quarter in game 2. And in OKC, all he has to worry about is scoring on offense. He averaged 7 buttists in last years playoffs and doesn't even average 1 buttist this year.

The only thing that annoyed me about PG when he was with us was that he only took jump shots and never was aggressive going to the rim. He's doing the same in OKC and he's allowed to because they have Russ.

12 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I've seen a lot of people thinking this way and I'm just trying to understand.

He's always been a great two-way guy. I don't know why that narrative is just being presented this year. 

I don't think he's more or less clutch. He didn't make a basket in the 4th quarter in game 2. And in OKC, all he has to worry about is scoring on offense. He averaged 7 buttists in last years playoffs and doesn't even average 1 buttist this year.

The only thing that annoyed me about PG when he was with us was that he only took jump shots and never was aggressive going to the rim. He's doing the same in OKC and he's allowed to because they have Russ.

He would be good here as well cause vic would just be the one to attack the rim 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

He would be good here as well cause vic would just be the one to attack the rim 

Vic plays a lot like Westbrook, I agree PG would just feed off him and focus on Defense a lot. Not saying PG is the 2nd option because I look at Vic and PG as being pretty equal players but I think in our Offense, PG would have no problem with Vic having the ball a lot.