Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

very odd post-game interview.....painful moment

The announcer lady asked LeBron to respond to coach Popovich's wife's death...and he hadn't heard..

..he had to respond on it live on the air...

....He did very well....said good things...but what a difficult on-air moment.  LeBron handled it well

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

100-97....very winnable game....we have to win both game 3 and game 4 now

After what I seen tonight, I don't think it's impossible to win another game in Cleveland. We could probably still split at home and at 2-2 still have a 50/50 shot at winning the series. LeBron scores 46 and they jumped out to an 18 point lead, and we also shot lousy from 3, but still only lost 100-97.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We had our chances to get Game 2, Cavs don't impress me. ESPN will be on LeBron's Jock tomorrow because they won but the Cavs got lucky to hang on to this win. Vic struggled from 3 tonight, as a team we were 5-21 from 3. That killed us. I like our chances on Friday at home.

We're up against the wall again..we must win Friday.....I like our chances, too

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After what I seen tonight, I don't think it's impossible to win another game in Cleveland. We could probably still split at home and at 2-2 still have a 50/50 shot at winning the series. LeBron scores 46 and they jumped out to an 18 point lead, and we also shot lousy from 3, but still only lost 100-97.

The moment where LBJ shoves Lance to the floor and the refs see that as a foul on Lance...

...made me think about what you say all the time

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The moment where LBJ shoves Lance to the floor and the refs sees that as a foul on Lance...

Yeah after watching this game for nearly 40 years, it's very disturbing when you can predict things haha. I just almost knew we wouldn't win tonight, having said that proud of the guys for making it close. We had our chances at the end. I do agree whoever wins Friday has a huge edge. We cant let them take the 1st game on our Home Court. Have to keep the pressure on LeBron. If win Game 3, that puts them in a situation where they have to win Game 4 and 5 IMO.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Weird game. Never felt like we really established what we wanted to do. The Pacers need to figure out how to keep LeBron from single handedly winning this series, because that's their play- all LeBron.

Gonna be interesting to see what happened to Kevin Love..

He can play with a busted left hand..(I don't know if that;s it) ...but how good will he be.?

Finally have some free time to post on the forum.

I was pleasantly shocked about game 1 and couldn't see us blowing out the Cavs, but LeBron did not play aggressive at all. 

After these first two games, I am now convinced that the Cavs won't make it to the finals. I don't think we'll beat them this series, but the Raptors will in round 2. 

When LeBron scores 46 and you struggle to win a game at home down 1-0, that is very scary. 

I also now think the Pacers team is better than the Cavs team on the whole, but LeBron can do whatever he wants with us and we have no one to guard him. He's unstoppable. I see the Cavs winning game 3 and us rebounding in game 4.

I guess we need to see the injury status of Kevin Love. The Cavs would be in even more trouble if he's out for a long period of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Gonna be interesting to see what happened to Kevin Love..

He can play with a busted left hand..(I don't know if that;s it) ...but how good will he be.?

Lou said Kevin Love just jammed his thumb so I think he will play.

• Thanks 1

We can win in Cleveland AGAIN. We played through it tonight and nearly got this one. It wasn't just the refs  We had untimely turnovers and missed some shots we normally make. The refs can't make us miss shots. I didn't think they did anything I didn't expect.

Hopefully Vic learned challenging a 2nd quarter 3pt attempt isn't as important as him being on the floor for the quarter.  As Mark pointed out if we get Vic 10 more minutes the outcome is probably different. The 3rd foul he's gotta be smarter. We can play much better then we did tonight and we still nearly stole the game. The Cavs have no answer for us in the paint and they can't check Dipo. Unless something changes I don't see them beating us 4x's. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We can win in Cleveland AGAIN. We played through it tonight and nearly got this one. It wasn't just the refs  We had untimely turnovers and missed some shots we normally make. The refs can't make us miss shots. I didn't think they did anything I didn't expect.

Hopefully Vic learned challenging a 2nd quarter 3pt attempt isn't as important as him being on the floor for the quarter.  As Mark pointed out if we get Vic 10 more minutes the outcome is probably different. The 3rd foul he's gotta be smarter. We can play much better then we did tonight and we still nearly stole the game. The Cavs have no answer for us in the paint and they can't check Dipo. Unless something changes I don't see them beating us 4x's. 

It definitely wasn't just the REFS, LeBron had a great game and we were terrible shooting the ball from 3 but they sure didn't help the cause either. They shot 22 FT's and we shot only 12. Dipo got in Foul trouble early as well which never happens. I also predicted LeBron would shoot at least 10 FT's, he shot more than our whole team actually 13-12. I get the guy is great but when 1 player shoots more FT's than your whole team something is fishy about that picture.

34 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The moment where LBJ shoves Lance to the floor and the refs see that as a foul on Lance...

Thats what I am trying to figure out. It happens all to often with LeBron, he may be a great player but outside of shooting the refs help a lot for the rest of his game by not calling or by calling against the other team. I broke my yo-yo on that play

-Here's a question for everyone. Lets say we lose this series - how would you guys view the overall season? Remember everyone as a whole on ESPN, TNT, and the NBA Channel had us winning 32 games on average and not even making the Playoffs. Also most of the guys on those networks picked the Cavs in a Sweep.

-Here's my take on it - I think no matter what happens now, it's been a very fun/entertaining season and I would say a Good one. Winning 48 games and getting the 5 Seed, then winning Game 1 at LeBron's house is pretty solid for a team that wasn't supposed to do anything. Hell we even had our chances tonight to pull the comeback off.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-Here's a question for everyone. Lets say we lose this series - how would you guys view the overall season? Remember everyone as a whole on ESPN, TNT, and the NBA Channel had us winning 32 games on average and not even making the Playoffs. Also most of the guys on those networks picked the Cavs in a Sweep.

-Here's my take on it - I think no matter what happens now, it's been a very fun/entertaining season and I would say a Good one. Winning 48 games and getting the 5 Seed, then winning Game 1 at LeBron's house is pretty solid for a team that wasn't supposed to do anything. Hell we even had our chances tonight to pull the comeback off.

I don't agree with basing success on what others think you.can do. The fact is we are one of the best teams in the east this season. We are a better team then Cleveland so I would be disappointed if the season ended at their hands.That would not take away from the things that we accomplished this season but it would end on a sour note for me. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I don't agree with basing success on what others think you.can do. The fact is we are one of the best teams in the east this season. We are a better team then Cleveland so I would be disappointed if the season ended at their hands.That would not take away from the things that we accomplished this season but it would end on a sour note for me. 

-Of course nobody wants to lose, I disagree that we are a better team though, it's because they have LeBron. LeBron has to be included in that equation. We are a deeper team + play better as a team/have better chemistry and Dipo is basically a SuperStar in his own right but LeBron is the best player in the league. LeBron has been to the Finals 7 years in a row so if we win this series it would be an upset IMO. By the way I picked us in 7 but just stating facts. If we lose a series to LeBron with him having HCA there is no shame in that.

-It's like playing a game of a Chess. Pacers have both of their Rooks and Bishop left on the Board = 13 point value, Cavs just have a Bishop, a Pawn, but their Queen left = 13 point value as well. The Queen is the most powerful piece on the Board though and can move in any direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I already think this was a good season. 

If we lost to any other team in the East and specifically the 76ers, I would be disappointed in losing this postseason but optimistic about the future.

If LeBron is scoring 40-50 points a game because we have no one to stop him, there is nothing you can do about it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I already think this was a good season. 

If we lost to any other team in the East and specifically the 76ers, I would be disappointed in losing this postseason but optimistic about the future.

If LeBron is scoring 40-50 points a game because we have no one to stop him, there is nothing you can do about it. 

I concur 100%. I think we will do a much better job on LeBron in Game 3 and win that game, Game 4 has me worried though. I think the worse we come out of this is 2-2 after the weekend. I doubt they beat us twice at home. I wanted to play the Sixers as well, we would've beat them for sure IMO because of the Embiid situation. I think had we played them we might even be up 2-0.

I think we are the better team and we have been all year...

I agree with ak......We wont soon get a chance like this......

This is the matchup we want..and the East is full of injuries and confused teams..we are 100% healthy in April, which is very rare.  Boston is crippled, the 76ers have injuries....Cleveland has injuries. Washington is confused.....even Toronto  is without a key bench player

The 'window of opportunity' is now. Right now.

I'm not a big believer in the future that cant be forseen/ 

The regular season means little in the NBA....and we are not really a young team...although we have a couple of key young players....We have a 'yellow brick road' right now that we wont have next season.

So it would be very, very disappointing to lose this series...

But I have seen little in the first two games to indicate that we will

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-Here's a question for everyone. Lets say we lose this series - how would you guys view the overall season?

I'd view it with mixed feelings.   The Pacers are a good team, but are nearing their ceiling.   To be attractive to top free agents, they need to win this series and another.   Otherwise it is the same old situation.   Not having a top 10 draft pick and not being able to bring in top talent.  

• Like 1

-Bottomline really is, we are the underdog in this series (nobody outside of Indiana thinks we will win this series) and playing against a player that has been the best player in the league all decade. A player that has been to the Finals 7 years in a row. Would it be a disappointment if we lost, sure it would be but keep in mind they are favored not us, so it wouldn't be a choke if we did lose. Hell Vegas had them favored by 8 last night, that is a lot of points.

-Despite being the deeper team and more athletic team, that is why I hated this matchup from the beginning = playing against LeBron because he is a Top 10 player of all-time and the Queen on a Chess Board. Not only do you play him, you play the REFS as well when you play him. To be honest, LeBron may even be Top 5 all-time, that is how Great how he is. He isn't Jordan or Magic, or as dominant like Kareem or Shaq who were Big's but he's close. Playing against him just sucks! :lol:

Pacers get down by 15+ points, LeBron scores 44(at home) and the Pacers had a great chance to steal the game.  Pacers need to take care of business at home.  Make LeBron continue to work hard.  If his 3 point shooters aren't knocking down shots and K Love is hurt, the Pacers can run the table.  Anyone who thinks this Cavs team is the same as past LeBron teams is crazy.  I say this series goes 6 or 7.  If the Pacers win, it'll be 6, if the Cavs win it'll be 7.  Hopefully the Pacers can take care of home court.  Collison and Turner both had decent game 2's.  The Pacers need them to play well at home. 

6 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Pacers get down by 15+ points, LeBron scores 44(at home) and the Pacers had a great chance to steal the game.  Pacers need to take care of business at home.  Make LeBron continue to work hard.  If his 3 point shooters aren't knocking down shots and K Love is hurt, the Pacers can run the table.  Anyone who thinks this Cavs team is the same as past LeBron teams is crazy.  I say this series goes 6 or 7.  If the Pacers win, it'll be 6, if the Cavs win it'll be 7.  Hopefully the Pacers can take care of home court.  Collison and Turner both had decent game 2's.  The Pacers need them to play well at home. 

Cavs aren't the same but LeBron is so it's silly for me or anyone to say the Pacers should just win this series because they are deeper. Read my earlier Posts. The guy is a Top 10 player ever, maybe Top 5 ever. Pacers don't have anyone like him and the REFS give him everything. I have watched this game for nearly 40 years and know if we win, it would be a upset. Anyone should know that.