Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

On 4/17/2018 at 6:23 PM, oldunclemark said:

There's a lot of truth to that..

How do we attract free agents...Well, you win games and win playoff series..

Then top players, specially ones on losing teams,  will at least visit us to see what its all about.

We've got a lot of guys who played on other teams....Hopefully, when the time comes..they spread the word about how the Pacers are on the rise..

I wish....we took Cavs to like almost back to back game 7s in ECF two years in a row and the best player we could get in free agency was Monta Ellis and washed up Al Jefferson. David West is like the one lone example of a good free agent pickup since the Larry Bird coaching days. Sorry I would like to believe we could interest someone but I’m not counting on it. Pacers have typically only been able to trade for guys.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I wish....we took Cavs to like almost back to back game 7s in ECF two years in a row and the best player we could get in free agency was Monta Ellis and washed up Al Jefferson. David West is like the one lone example of a good free agent pickup since the Larry Bird coaching days. Sorry I would like to believe we could interest someone but I’m not counting on it. Pacers have typically only been able to trade for guys.

I dont accept that. The past NEVER mirrors the future....

We have a 'culture' that free agents might like...

But we have to be a winning team.....free agents don't go to a loser..

24 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dear god these worthless refs wont let us buy a foul 

There is a narrative the NBA needs...and tv ratings...Lebron and the Cavs have to advance...is there any doubt. Why I like college so much...ratings actually better if there is an underdog in it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm surprised we haven't attacked the 'old slow shooter' lineup they used with JR, George Hill  and Korver...better

We should eat that up.. We are MUCH faster than those 30-somethings

Well speedy Gonzalez is on the bench with 3 cheap fouls

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We really helped them close that quarter It feels like with Vic out there we can do whatever we want. He has to stay on the floor 

They have no one who can guard him.....

...we've been down 20 points a half dozen times and come back to win..

If the 3s stop dropping for them, we'll get back even tonight

Not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. Dipo gets 2 Fouls in the 1st minute and you cant breath on LeBron or it's a Foul so the Pacers are just letting him attack and he has 29. I knew this would happen tonight. I am hoping the REFS let us play more aggressive at home. Our crowd needs to be louder than ever. We got the game we needed = Game 1 which beating LeBron once on his Home Court in Round 1 is nearly impossible. We just have to take care of Home Court and we win the series.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don’t think anyone accepts that but even our best player from last year was begging to get out of Indy. Nice that we have kinda one of our own with Victor who appreciates Indy. Best chance is to steal away an up and coming player on a max deal that his current team can’t match. Oh well just happy we have a hard working team that seems to mesh well together. Hope whomever we bring in doesn’t mess that up.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. Dipo gets 2 Fouls in the 1st minute and you cant breath on LeBron or it's a Foul so the Pacers are just letting him attack and he has 29. I knew this would happen tonight. I am hoping the REFS let us play more aggressive at home. Our crowd needs to be louder than ever. We got the game we needed = Game 1 which beating LeBron once on his Home Court in Round 1 is nearly impossible. We just have to take care of Home Court and we win the series.

I think we can get back even ..we're down 12......and Victor has a lot left to give.

Plus..Lance is having a good night...I'm still optimistic about tonight..\

Can LBJ score 50?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think we can get back even ..we're down 12......and Victor has a lot left to give.

Plus..Lance is having a good night...I'm still optimistic about tonight..\

Can LBJ score 50?

The REFS are letting the Cavs dictate the game. Only way we win this game is if the Cavs just go ice cold and we make a bunch of 3's. Korver is even killing us tonight with 4 3's now. 61-48 Cavs as of now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think we need to win this series and the next to make the team attractive for a major free agent.  It could happen this year.  

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The REFS are letting the Cavs dictate the game. Only way we win this game is if the Cavs just go ice cold and we make a bunch of 3's. Korver is even killing us tonight with 4 3's now. 61-48 Cavs as of now.

Gotta get it down to under 8 by the end of this quarter.